Old 08-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Havre de Grace

Default elephants love violin music

https://screen.yahoo.com/awesome-ani...4076.html?vp=1

Blaise Pascal
Old 08-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Saratoga

Your video rips my heart apart.

Now maybe they do love music... I know this is a possibility and that music is played for elephants in captivity.

There is also something called Zoochosis:

Zoochosis

Throughout the world including the UK, thousands of zoo animals held in artificial environments with little stimulation, enrichment or opportunity to hide from the public gaze, display unnatural behaviour patterns. Even in the betterą zoos, abnormal behaviour can be widespread, and include repeated pacing, rocking, vomiting and even self mutilation.

Some of these stereotypedą behaviours displayed by bored and frustrated animals have their basis in activities that occur naturally the wild. But in the impoverished confines of captivity, these behaviours can become compulsive and unnatural.

In 1992, Bill Travers first coined the term zoochosisą to describe this obsessive, repetitive behaviour, and described zoo animals behaving abnormally as zoochoticą. The terms are now widely recognised and in the public domain, being used in a wide range of journals and publications.

Swaying

Standing in one place and swaying the head and shoulders, even the whole body, from side to side. A behaviour exhibited by mentally ill humans.
Can be displayed by elephants & bears

http://circuswatchwa.org/zoochosis.htm

http://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencec...one-bananas-3/

It is unfathomable that, in this day and age, we continue to allow this kind of abuse to go on.

Urge Circus World to End Cruel Elephant Exhibits!

Elephants Never Forget!

Circus World in Baraboo, Wisconsin, is hosting cruel and archaic elephant acts and rides. Join PETA in urging the Circus World Museum Foundation's board of directors to make the compassionate decision to end cruel elephant acts at Circus World!

This year, Circus World has hired handler Chip Arthurs and notorious exhibitor Carson & Barnes Circus, whose appalling history of abusing elephants and endangering the public spans decades. Indeed, it was Carson & Barnes that supplied Viola, Isa, and Kelly, three elephants who escaped and ran amok for nearly an hour at the Moolah Shrine Circus in Missouri in March 2014. In April 2014, Arthurs was recorded striking those very same elephants with a bullhook at the Pittsburgh Shrine Circus. A week later, the U.S. Department of Agriculture cited Carson & Barnes for endangering the public at the Jaffa Shrine Circus in Pennsylvania, where Arthurs was also exhibiting the elephants.

While at Circus World in August 2013, Carson & Barnes was cited for failing to show that it had given veterinary care to an elephant who was so thin that her hip bones and shoulder blades were visible. That same month, in a sworn affidavit, a mother detailed a Carson & Barnes handler's attack on an elephant. According to the eyewitness, the handler forcefully struck the elephant with a bullhook until she screamed. And an undercover video of a Carson & Barnes training session shows trainer Tim Frisco—who still works for Carson & Barnes—viciously attacking elephants with a bullhook and electro-shocking them.

More and more people realize that elephants—who are similar to humans in terms of intelligence, emotional capacity, and social life—shouldn't be forced to travel and perform unnatural tricks. Many countries have banned such practices, as have various localities across the U.S. as well as private businesses, including arenas.

Speak up for elephants now by urging the Circus World Museum Foundation's board of directors to end cruel and archaic elephant acts at Circus World once and for all!

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocac...Action&id=5372

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 08-30-2014 at 02:36 PM.