Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Oriental Park

Default Contest Thoughts for September 19

First and foremost, I'd like to send my very best wishes to Plenilune as she deals with some medical issues. We miss you, Plen, and hope that you will be back with our small but dedicated group of handicappers very soon.

Thinking about this coming Saturday, we do have some decisions to make. I am not aware if we have anyone who is able to jump in and assume the scoring chores for the points notice on short notice. As such, I don't think that having a points contest makes much sense until Plen is able to rejoin us. That leaves us with a couple of alternatives:

1. We could have an "ROI Only" contest, at a venue to be agreed upon. I think that Cal had mentioned that Woodbine seemed to offer the best racing this Saturday, but we certainly could select another one if that's what our group wants.

2. We could just take a break from our customary contests and resume at a later date.

Could each of you please express your preferences on this thread or list an alternative that I haven't considered. Hopefully we can get a sense of the group's preference.