Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Keeneland

Default Stewards Consistency

Often talked about and I happen to feel the NY stewards have been much more consistent this meet than others.

But there is NO PHUCKING WAY you can DQ Price Talk opening day and NOT DQ Lovestruck there. It was the same infraction.

I’m biased as both have cost me a lot of money but they are the same foul. Maddening....
Old 09-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Gulfstream Park

I didn't play either race and have barely been following the meet, but I have to say that IMO these infractions are different.

Price Talk: Stuck behind runners, Franco trying to find a clear run, shifts out and sideswipes the 7.

Lovestruck: Was already in the clear, 6 drifts in and initiates contact, the horse herself (and not Alvarado) reacts to the contact and says get out of my way, shoving the 6 back out.

But, that's just how I see it. I don't think either should have been DQ'ed, for what it's worth, and this subjectivity is the problem. Well known on here that I'd rather see jocks get serious days than have a much the best horse DQ'ed.

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not saying the difference between the two is jockey action vs horse response.