Old 05-19-2020, 09:05 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Belmont meet stakes schedule

schedule at end

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-racing-june-3

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-21-2020, 10:41 AM
Detroit Race Course

Looks like NYRA has really done it's homework across the board to re-open and be as fair as possible and really take care of the day-to-day folks who have been decimated by no racing, while protecting the bettors.

Hats off to NYRA for stepping up to the plate and making the best of a bad situation.

Great talk with Panza on ATR this week.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:21 AM
Steve Byk

Old 06-18-2020, 05:21 AM
Steve Byk

Old 06-18-2020, 10:16 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Letdown

So Belmont Day starts with maiden claimers and draws 32 for the 5 stakes on the under card ? What gives ?
Old 06-18-2020, 10:46 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
So Belmont Day starts with maiden claimers and draws 32 for the 5 stakes on the under card ? What gives ?
Agreed I thought there would be bigger fields/better card, but I’ve got no idea what they’re up against with the pandemic and with the attendance restrictions. All in all, I’m happy with the card.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:56 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Wow.
Disappointing to say the least.
Why are other tracks filling the gates and Belmont can' fill up a big card?
Old 06-18-2020, 06:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
Wow.
Disappointing to say the least.
Why are other tracks filling the gates and Belmont can' fill up a big card?
The non stakes have been pretty good. They’ve struggled to fill the stakes. Getting outworked by other racing offices
Old 06-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Oriental Park

Earlier this year, weren’t we all saying that Irad was trying to break in with Baffert when he rode Mucho Gusto? Was that overstated?

Now Gamine comes East and Baffert goes with John Velazquez and Irad rides Perfect Alibi for Casse. In his last race at Belmont, Baffert used JV in an allowance race on June 6 (a 3/2 favorite that lost by 9 lengths). For Mother Mother on June 5, he used Rosario.

Should we read anything into this other than maybe Johnny V is getting what he asked for from his new agent - better horses? I don’t recall Baffert/Velazquez teaming up much in the past but maybe I’m wrong.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Earlier this year, weren’t we all saying that Irad was trying to break in with Baffert when he rode Mucho Gusto? Was that overstated?

Now Gamine comes East and Baffert goes with John Velazquez and Irad rides Perfect Alibi for Casse. In his last race at Belmont, Baffert used JV in an allowance race on June 6 (a 3/2 favorite that lost by 9 lengths). For Mother Mother on June 5, he used Rosario.

Should we read anything into this other than maybe Johnny V is getting what he asked for from his new agent - better horses? I don’t recall Baffert/Velazquez teaming up much in the past but maybe I’m wrong.
You’ve been reading to much of Alabama Stakes stuff.

Irad rode Perfect Alibi three times last year, including a win in the Spinaway and her 4th in the Breeders Cup. Rosario has ridden Mother Mother out west.

Johnny went went to ride some 2 year olds for Baffert last year.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You’ve been reading to much of Alabama Stakes stuff.

Irad rode Perfect Alibi three times last year, including a win in the Spinaway and her 4th in the Breeders Cup. Rosario has ridden Mother Mother out west.

Johnny went went to ride some 2 year olds for Baffert last year.
Lol. Being stuck at home must be starting to get to me. My unexplained thought about Rosario was that I thought it was odd that Baffert would pick Johnny V over Rosario. But I’m down on Johnny V these days.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Lol. Being stuck at home must be starting to get to me. My unexplained thought about Rosario was that I thought it was odd that Baffert would pick Johnny V over Rosario. But I’m down on Johnny V these days.
I hear ya. He’s actually been riding pretty good the last few weeks. Mounts help obviously, but he’s looked better than he did for most of last year.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:28 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Well damn, how good is Gamine? An effortless 1:32.55 win by a pole. Wow!!
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-20-2020, 04:42 PM
The Curragh

NBC coverage has set the bar low for TV coverage, but finds a way to lower it almost every year.