Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
The Curragh

Default Vegas or Derby??

The wife and i are planning on either going to Las Vegas at the beginning of next year or to the Kentucky Derby. She's never been to Vegas and I have a couple times but never to the Derby, she said the choice is up to me. So whic one would you guys choose?

My buddy got married a week before this years Derby and they went to it for their honey moon. I asked him how he liked it and he said they left before te race because it was raining too much, I'm still baffled by that move.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Hialeah Park

Vegas Baby! When she gets tired late in the evening you walk her up to the room (maybe get a quickie), then your out on your own for the next 4 hours.

Derby - crowded and either hot and wet or both and expensive. You will have to listen to endless complaints about long lines, watery drinks, with endless hours between races with nothing but time to talk about how "you should have taken me to Vegas".

Say isn't that x-girl friend of yours in Vegas?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Flemington

How bout going to Vegas to watch the Derby?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
The wife and i are planning on either going to Las Vegas at the beginning of next year or to the Kentucky Derby. She's never been to Vegas and I have a couple times but never to the Derby, she said the choice is up to me. So whic one would you guys choose?

My buddy got married a week before this years Derby and they went to it for their honey moon. I asked him how he liked it and he said they left before te race because it was raining too much, I'm still baffled by that move.
Wife??
Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Wife??
Going on almost 3 years, have a 2 yr old boy and another on the way in less than a month.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

I think it's a no-brainer. I would go to Vegas. Your wife has got to see Las Vegas. I personally don't think the Derby is a whole lot of fun. I've only been once. I would have no interest in going back. It's a total zoo, 150,000 people. There is terrible traffic going in and out (at least that was the case when I went back in 1999). I love the Derby but it's an event I would rather watch at home.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Going on almost 3 years, have a 2 yr old boy and another on the way in less than a month.

Congrats Irish!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Del Mar

Since you already have two kids I would do Derby. The whole experience of getting around from parking to walking miles to your seats and back and forth, you will end up too tired to produce child #3, which I would take as a good thing.

Now, Vegas? You could be looking at triplets from the kinky stuff you'll be doing.

I'm just saying....
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder View Post
Since you already have two kids I would do Derby. The whole experience of getting around from parking to walking miles to your seats and back and forth, you will end up too tired to produce child #3, which I would take as a good thing.

Now, Vegas? You could be looking at triplets from the kinky stuff you'll be doing.

I'm just saying....
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
The Curragh

Thanks Casp! And Spyder, we were thinking 3 would be a good number and what better time then Vegas to go for it???