Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Default Djokovic

How can you not love the way he played those two match points down? Huge, huge balls. Fed's 66 errors come back to haunt him. All odds are against the Djoker against Nadal, but I'd really love to see him slay Goliath.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

More like Federer choking than anything else. Is it just me or are there any number of females that are hitting harder these days than Federer?

The Djoker is at his best when he's trying to find ways to steal a few extra seconds between points. He sucks more wind than just about any other athlete out there.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Idlewild Airport

Nadal is -300.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
More like Federer choking than anything else. Is it just me or are there any number of females that are hitting harder these days than Federer?

The Djoker is at his best when he's trying to find ways to steal a few extra seconds between points. He sucks more wind than just about any other athlete out there.
I take it you didn't watch 15-40, 4-5 in the fifth set. No choke there, it was all ball-striking from Djokovic. And that last paragraph is just hating. He won the match, so who cares if he was breathing hard?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post

I couldn't understand why he was basically gasping for air and Federer looked like he didn't even break a sweat.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Gulfstream Park

Yeah, these younger guys can take the big matches from Fed now … but they still have a looooooooooong way to go before they're even within sniffing distance of his career accomplishments.

I'll be pulling for the Serb tomorrow too, but Nadal's been a buzz saw in this tournament and it's hard to imagine that he'll let this opportunity slip away…
Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I take it you didn't watch 15-40, 4-5 in the fifth set. No choke there, it was all ball-striking from Djokovic. And that last paragraph is just hating. He won the match, so who cares if he was breathing hard?
Joey, I saw a replay of that 5th set. DJokabitch was able to win those points, because Federer was timid on his return of Djoka's 2nd serve. I don't know why. It's just a matchup that Federer doesn't like. I think he lost to him in the semis of the Australian Open in 2009, too. Fed doesn't really like to play guys that have the powerful forehand that he also has. Djoka did hit some nice forehands on those points, but it probably shouldn't of gotten that far( Federer should of attacked those 2nd serves better.)

There are 2 main types of Narcissists. One is like Kanye West (obvious type,) and the other is like Roger (more quiet, but can't deal well with not getting his way..cries when Nadal beats him etc.) Look at that silly over-the-top monogram design on the baseball cap of Federer's Dad. I mean, come on. He's a shy-appearing Narcissist. The one thing Narcissists all demand is exclusivity. When someone has a game that's an inconsistent version of Roger's own game, then, he can really be bothered by it. He does not like it when someone's playing like him. He hates that. When Djokovic and (years ago) Safin play their best, Roger gets very bothered. When someone can hit a forehand that dives away from an opponent, it really bugs Fed. I know the 2nd match point that Djoka saved was won that way. Roger moves his body better than this guy. That's why Djoka was more tired. Roger shouldn't be losing to him. He's better, but he is mentally not as tough as people think. If he doesn't have overwhelming force (the dominant weapon on the court,) he pouts, and/or chokes a bit. You notice how he has just an o.k. looking wife? He could easily have a model-type, but he probably gets too easily annoyed by most of them. I've seen them pick some 5's n' 6's when they could have a 9 or a 10. I think they're looking for a certain personality type (one that will take their shyt, and almost never criticize them.) I think they're looking for someone who's co-dependent.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 09-13-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Flemington

That was a game effort, but Nadal is extra-special. He deserves his career slam. I don't know how he's added power to his serve, but great competitors find a way. Djocabitch is a really good competitor. He's just not quite the athlete that Nadal and Federer are. To be honest, he knows it. When he smiles out there, it's because he knows he's can't do what he just saw done to him.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
That was a game effort, but Nadal is extra-special. He deserves his career slam. I don't know how he's added power to his serve, but great competitors find a way.
If he stays healthy he'll pass Federer easily. He's got at least 4 more FO's.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Coach Pants

Incredible match so far. It's a shame they don't have lights. The scheduling is ridiculous. They should know that Nadal matches take forever.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Lot of guts shown by Djokovic today after starting so poorly, but Federer needed that match more than he did.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Incredible match so far. It's a shame they don't have lights. The scheduling is ridiculous. They should know that Nadal matches take forever.
I agree with this by the way. You can't start the women's semis at the same time as the men's semis.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Coach Pants

This is hands down the greatest era in tennis. I was ready to jump through the f.ucking television about 50 times during that match.

Those guys can't be human.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Best match i've watched in years!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Flemington

7-5, 7-6..... French Open, and Rafa still teasing his bitch.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Flemington

Rafa is lazy.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Flemington

Blade sharpening.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Flemington

King of the Clay beats his bitch once again (7-5, 7-6, 5-7, 6-1) Rafa Nadal is now a 6-time French Open Winner. Roger is disgusted. There is no better scene than a Narcissist displeased. Look at that shitty serving tray he has to hold up. Nadal hoists his beautiful trophy.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 06-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Coach Pants

EPO is a helluva drug.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Flemington

Well the only match he's ever lost at the French Open is when both knees had tendonitis. He's 45-1 there. No drug will get that done.