Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Goodwood

In other news, look for Midnight Transfer to win big next time out.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
He seemed to steady early down the backstretch, but quickly recovered and moved forward. He basically ran in spots.

There's no getting around the fact that the Hollywood Futurity just hasn't been a productive race. The Robert Lewis was a disaster, Brother Francis is still a maiden, and the first 3 home in the San Felipe had about 5 lengths on any starter from the CashCall.

However, it seems like Liaison can plod along for a piece in the SA Derby and maybe one of the Classics. At least he was running straight down the lane.
Yeah, I know and agree.

I'm told he has a tendency to run down in workouts, but I'm not convinced that has anything to do with his recent bad performances.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
In other news, look for Midnight Transfer to win big next time out.
Now I'm wishing I took him at 73-1 in the futures!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Im off Midnight Transfer, DREAMY TRIP.
his connections will thank you
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Fairgrounds

Watch the gallop out from Creative Cause. I was not sold coming in but he was awsesome today.

Paul
Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Washington Park

I'm not to big on gallop outs because a lot of jocks just pull them up to quick. But i have to agree with you on this one. He was the only horse who galloped out strongly!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
Watch the gallop out from Creative Cause. I was not sold coming in but he was awsesome today.
Bob Baffert will have to prove correct saying that Bodemeister will improve off of this race as it was no contest the final few hundred yards. To be fair, Bodemeister did gut it out, but a lot of his "resurgence" was amplified by Creative Cause rounding the turn 6-wide and loafing a bit mid-stretch.

An extra 1/16th of a mile would have done him no favors today.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i'm glad creative cause won it; i like the horse.
as for midnight transfer, only his second start of the year. first around two turns. his only other race thus far at three was his january 6 1/2 f run. not sure i'd dismiss him as yet. we all know things change pretty quickly this time of year.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i'm glad creative cause won it; i like the horse.
as for midnight transfer, only his second start of the year. first around two turns. his only other race thus far at three was his january 6 1/2 f run. not sure i'd dismiss him as yet. we all know things change pretty quickly this time of year.
I feel reasonably confident that he's a sprinter.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
He seemed like he hit his ceiling at the 1/8 pole. I don't see him doing anything passed a mile. He should target the Woody Stephens and King's Bishop, but I suppose it's likely he'll try the Santa Anita Derby anyways.

Carla Gaines doesn't seem to ship out of town too often, so maybe he'll probably end up in the light 3yo stakes at Hollywood Park. Progressing from 7f (Barrera) to 8.5f (Affirmed) to 9f (Swaps) against 4 or 5 opponents could be to his advantage. Then he can try turf at Del Mar.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post

Paul
This was the real deal today. When he's on his game, he's pretty much got it done by the time they enter the stretch. If he isn't up alongside the leaders by then, it isn't gunna happen. There are 2 versions of this horse. I don't know if he's lazy, or what. He's good enough, but he puts in half days..... SAD.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Steve Byk

Creative Cause 102
Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Bob Baffert will have to prove correct saying that Bodemeister will improve off of this race as it was no contest the final few hundred yards. To be fair, Bodemeister did gut it out, but a lot of his "resurgence" was amplified by Creative Cause rounding the turn 6-wide and loafing a bit mid-stretch.

An extra 1/16th of a mile would have done him no favors today.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bodemeister moves forward from this race. I thought he showed well.