Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2016, 08:29 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
"Anything is possible, if enough decent people stand up against the establishment" ~ Nigel Farage

Inspiring words...

https://amp.twimg.com/v/395406b5-9d5...3-0164e5d7078f
Nigel Farage is what every man should aspire to be. Well educated, charming, a boss.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Churchill Downs

Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Santa Anita

Is this considered racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-H9BOIYhgc
Old 09-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Santa Anita

Obama now onboard the Trump train.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Belmont Park

Ted Cruz's endorsement in the 11th hour of the campaign can ONLY mean one thing.

The GOP knows that there is no way Trump is going to lose (perhaps got tipped on Assange's "October Surprise"?)

Cruz's only play was to come back in 2020 and now that won't be happening.

Better to get out from under the axe blade and on the handle.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Arlington Park

He knows Rick Perry is getting fit for the next election. It's more about holding what power he has left...the smart weasel.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
He knows Rick Perry is getting fit for the next election. It's more about holding what power he has left...the smart weasel.

yep...He's betting that Trump has an adequate debate performance. If Trump wins the debate, he can't come out and endorse after the fact without looking like a pandering fool. Nothing to lose, really.

The Never Trumpers are a pariah upon the party either way.
He wins and they are outcasts; He loses, and they bear the brunt of the blame. In the end it's a No-lose situation for him. It was hardly an inspired, ringing endorsement in the first place.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
yep...He's betting that Trump has an adequate debate performance. If Trump wins the debate, he can't come out and endorse after the fact without looking like a pandering fool. Nothing to lose, really.

The Never Trumpers are a pariah upon the party either way.
He wins and they are outcasts; He loses, and they bear the brunt of the blame. In the end it's a No-lose situation for him. It was hardly an inspired, ringing endorsement in the first place.
Didnt Cruz completely immolate himself at the convention.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Didnt Cruz completely immolate himself at the convention.
I don't think so. He garnered a fair amount of support among establishment conservatives and were the shoe on the other foot, he'd have the lion's share of the populist vote that put Trump over to secure the nom.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Arlington Park

We should set the date on when they bro hug.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Churchill Downs

All I know is that D.J.T. won the debate tonight. I think that was about 80% power. He will unleash more when necessary. S.O.S from that thing he was debating against. Hard to believe people are saying "sign me up for another 4 years of the same shlt we've been getting for the last 50"! They still don't want to change.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
All I know is that D.J.T. won the debate tonight. I think that was about 80% power. He will unleash more when necessary. S.O.S from that thing he was debating against. Hard to believe people are saying "sign me up for another 4 years of the same shlt we've been getting for the last 50"! They still don't want to change.
LOL WTF were you watching? Hillary was well prepared, and she nailed him on his taxes, she was great on prison reform and her foreign policy experience had him rambling like the maniac he is in the end! He was simply OUTCLASSED! But, you can bet he will fight even dirtier next time! Trump had opportunities, at one point she mentioned something about his " supporters" and right then he missed the chance to nail her with the deplorable's comment which was a dumb thing to say, but he ignored the chance. She slaughtered him. Sorry Trumpites lol!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:15 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
Trump should have hammered her more and left the chivalry in the limo.

He could have destroyed her on the cyber security line of questioning by going through her email server scandal.

He could have hit her hard when she mentioned the congressional hearing since that was about Bengazi, since she let those poor people die without any help being sent, and THEN lied to the press about some "video" being the cause.

If she wanted to try to paint him as a bad guy from alleged 1970s activity, then Whitewater and the Rose Law Firm shredding of records is also fair game. Gee, maybe that's where she learned how to destroy evidence as in the ill-conceived email server...

He should have gone for the kill and spent less time on defense.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
She slaughtered him. Sorry Trumpites lol!
You could tell she had a lot of training in Chicago...considering it was a "slaughter".

I bet you yelled ALLAH AKBAR! when the debate was over. lol!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:08 AM
Arlington Park

All I can remember from last night was NAFTA. After that Lester took charge of the debate and white knighted for Hillary multiple times and became a fact checker like Candy Crowley.

Look if Americans are stupid enough for fall for that sham of a debate where the moderator didn't ask about immigration, clinton foundation, the server (national security) and instead spent over 20 percent of the debate concerned about Trump's taxes (nation was founded on an anti-tax sentiment) and the birther issue...well then we deserve the dumb hag.

The least Lester could've done is bring up the fact whites were targeted in Charlotte. He would've if it were a Repub admin.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
LOL WTF were you watching? She slaughtered him. Sorry Trumpites lol!
Ummmm... What everyone else in the country was watching. What were you watching?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Arlington Park

Time modified their results this morning and it magically went to 50/50 again. Last I checked it was 53/47 Trump

The point is most of the online polls are biased since the majority of readers are already decided voters.

The undecideds, for the most part, don't give a s.hit about voting in an online poll.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Time modified their results this morning and it magically went to 50/50 again. Last I checked it was 53/47 Trump

The point is most of the online polls are biased since the majority of readers are already decided voters.

The undecideds, for the most part, don't give a s.hit about voting in an online poll.
Fair point. The upshot here is that neither really did anything to help themselves, but Trump did manage to expose her fake, contrived, wooden personality. Her smug cackles and arrogant attitude did more damage to her among Independents that anything she said to sway them.
That is a win for Trump.
He had a ton of opens early on which he did not take advantage of and thus appeared unprepared but it was clear that the NAFTA discussion swerved the mediation decidedly far left. It wasn't pretty, but he won the night because she did absolutely nothing to help herself.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Arlington Park

I'm not gonna lie I completely lost my **** when the debate ended.

But I'm a strong supporter and my opinion does not matter one iota. Same with mclem on the other side.

What matters is the pull towards the never Trumpers and undecideds. That's what the debate was all about last night.

So I'm resigned to trust in Bannon and Conway. Conway might be the smartest pundit the Republicans have had in my lifetime.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie I completely lost my **** when the debate ended.

But I'm a strong supporter and my opinion does not matter one iota. Same with mclem on the other side.

What matters is the pull towards the never Trumpers and undecideds. That's what the debate was all about last night.

So I'm resigned to trust in Bannon and Conway. Conway might be the smartest pundit the Republicans have had in my lifetime.
I felt he held his own as well as could be expected, but when you have a moderator digging up 43 year old antitrust cases rather than talking about the Clinton Foundation = State Dept favors, emails, DNC scandal, etc. you knew it was a 2 on 1 attack with him doing his level best to defend himself.

This doesn't move the needle except draw a handful of right-leaning Indies with shrinking tolerances for the left wing media conglomerate biases over to Trump, and made the lefties feel like they can breathe for a minute. But that breath may well be short lived. The first post-debate poll from Real Clear Politics shows Trump with a 3 point lead nationally:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/