Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Goodwood

I'll have more money to wager on horsey racing if the raise the minimum wage, so the horsiemen benefit from this.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I'll have more money to wager on horsey racing if the raise the minimum wage, so the horsiemen benefit from this.

EXCELLENT!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Thistley Downs

Actually...let the illgeal alien flood gates open. Take away the MW AND the proletariat infested eic's.

Let these sonsabi.tches see how happy they are then .

Old 10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I don't really think it's that one for one-ish.

The min. wage has been around for a loooong time now.Up until just a iddy biddy ago the country seems to have survived this poisoning effect on the economy.Really---if you read your tripe and the tripe supplied by others,the min. wage should have bankrupt us 20 years ago.

Now I know the last min. wage increase has caused this financial crisis we now face----but I think it's just one a them things.

i don't have a problem with the min wage, i never said i did. but i do feel that one effect it has is that while those who work for min wage get a raise when it's increased, it does cost a couple of others their job so that those who remain can get the raise. i know this, as i said my daughter and a co-worker both were let go when the hike went into affect.
what i think should be done is that each state should set a min wage, not the feds-and actually most states min wage level is higher than the federal wage. the main reason i feel this would be better is because a 'living wage' isn't the same from one area to another, or one state to another. matter of fact, the min wage=living wage thing is untrue. no way someone can survive on what min wage is in most areas. certainly not in most cities.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i don't have a problem with the min wage, i never said i did. but i do feel that one effect it has is that while those who work for min wage get a raise when it's increased, it does cost a couple of others their job so that those who remain can get the raise. i know this, as i said my daughter and a co-worker both were let go when the hike went into affect.
what i think should be done is that each state should set a min wage, not the feds-and actually most states min wage level is higher than the federal wage. the main reason i feel this would be better is because a 'living wage' isn't the same from one area to another, or one state to another. matter of fact, the min wage=living wage thing is untrue. no way someone can survive on what min wage is in most areas. certainly not in most cities.
Dannie....

...blow me.

Really.

=:>
Old 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Flemington

Quote:
and i believe that the poor here have a pretty high standard of living, esp compared to the poor in other countries.
most poor have a car, tvs, etc. there isn't anyone starving here, is there? unless it's someone who is clinically insane and living on the street-who refuses to get help, or really is incapable of seeking help.
When they get a raise in the minimum wage, they aren't getting some sort of raise in their standard of living. That's the part that isn't understood. It's not the reason for raising the minimum wage. It's done to try to keep their standard of living from going further down. If you keep having inflation (without raising the minimum wage,) then you're lowering their standard of living.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
When they get a raise in the minimum wage, they aren't getting some sort of raise in their standard of living. That's the part that isn't understood. It's not the reason for raising the minimum wage. It's done to try to keep their standard of living from going further down. If you keep having inflation (without raising the minimum wage,) then you're lowering their standard of living.
that's very true. so what's the solution?
i just think that owners are going to make what they've decided they're worth, and that they will pass on layoffs and price increases to offset increases in operating expenses. i just don't think an owner will give himself a cut just so his employees can make more. now, it would be nice-but i just don't think it's realistic.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Thistley Downs

Mortimer is on an ignore list. He mainly comes here to talk about other posters on the site. To Mortimer, the subjects being written about are not nearly as important as who is doing the writing. To him, that's the subject.

Yuh-Hi.....Bill Lumber..I mean SkidsMom here. Now... really don't mean the above bull phooey. I started up something I couldn't finish with Mortimer and wounded up in the friggin' shredder. And so---I hide from further confrontation by letting everyone in the world AND the horsey they rode in on AND their uncle that I have him on ignore........and I make my muggy face at him with this outrageous signature.

Oh boy.

I wish I would just keep my big mouth shut.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Flemington

Quote:
i just think that owners are going to make what they've decided they're worth, and that they will pass on layoffs and price increases to offset increases in operating expenses. i just don't think an owner will give himself a cut just so his employees can make more. now, it would be nice-but i just don't think it's realistic.
The employees aren't going to make more(they are gunna get the same level of real buying dollars.) So, while his other expenses go up, he wants to pay his employees less real money(he wants to make them pay for inflation.) The solution is to do what he does when any other cost goes up due to inflation. I don't know why this cost going up is any different. I guess it's because the people involved are easy to take advantage of, and utility cost increases etc. aren't as easy to avoid. As I said before, for small businesses that actually do have margins that make it difficult to pay the minimum wage(evidently many in rural areas) appropriate tax incentives could be used. I'm not for increasing these workers standard of living with employers money. I think we need try to keep their standard of living the same. That hasn't been happening, because we don't raise the federal minimum wage very often.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
If it's any kind of food company, I think the Chinese would suggest the addition of Melamine.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If it's any kind of food company, I think the Chinese would suggest the addition of Melamine.

yeah, that worked well for them.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Thistley Downs

Steven H. Crist will you all get off it already!!?

GOD!!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Steven H. Crist will you all get off it already!!?

GOD!!
that's what she said...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
that's what she said...

Thank you,Honey.

Kiss-Kiss.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Hialeah Park

If we have a min wage..I think it is only fair we have a max wage.

ps I hate Adam West
Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2
If we have a min wage..I think it is only fair we have a max wage.

ps I hate Adam West

!OOOOOOOOOO!