Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Scavs - Chi-town

Scavs, thinking of rescheduling my Chicago trip for this fall. How impossible is it to get Bears tickets at Soldier Field?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Saratoga

Not impossible, but not easy either. This year especially because they are suppose to be good, they will be sold out of every home game when tickets go on sale next weekend. You could always go the scalper route or Ebay/Stubhub....Tickets go on sale on July 22nd and if you stay away from the Packers game, both Monday Night games and the Sunday night game, you should be able to get tickets. I would target the Bills games on October 8th or the Dolphins game on November 5th. 1) The Bears will win both games so you will see the good side of Bears fan/Solider Field, it can get a little rough there when they lose, ESPECIALLY if they lose to the Packers at home, multiple patty wagons parked out front for that game. Anything after the 5th and you start having to worry about freezing your rear end off, like I did last year on that Sunday night game against Atlanta, -5 degree at game time, windchill was INSANE.....
Old 07-13-2006, 12:08 PM

So you are saying that if I just go and try to buy tickets those days, I could be successful? If I get seats, you want in? Word up, Cahokia Downs.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Saratoga

If you try and buy them on July 22nd, yes, you have a shot, EVERYONE has a shot...But if you go up to the ticket office day of game, I doubt it....The Bears are Chicago's team, even Sox/Cubs fans get along at Bears games.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Not impossible, but not easy either. This year especially because they are suppose to be good, they will be sold out of every home game when tickets go on sale next weekend. You could always go the scalper route or Ebay/Stubhub....Tickets go on sale on July 22nd and if you stay away from the Packers game, both Monday Night games and the Sunday night game, you should be able to get tickets. I would target the Bills games on October 8th or the Dolphins game on November 5th. 1) The Bears will win both games so you will see the good side of Bears fan/Solider Field, it can get a little rough there when they lose, ESPECIALLY if they lose to the Packers at home, multiple patty wagons parked out front for that game. Anything after the 5th and you start having to worry about freezing your rear end off, like I did last year on that Sunday night game against Atlanta, -5 degree at game time, windchill was INSANE.....
like he11 the bears beat the dolphins this year. I got that one already marked as a win for da fish. you'll be wondering why your team didn't get Pep. Who's gonna play QB after Rex gets squashed again early in the year?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:30 PM

Right, I'm obviously not going to try and walk up and buy tickets, but I do want tickets, and I presume there are some single game tickets to be had if you get in right when they go on sale. Every NFL sells out, even the Lions.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Saratoga

Yeah, Bears tickets go on sale July 22nd

Bruce, I smell a wager...How is the fish going to score against the Bears? We don't need a QB, I could QB this team to 10 wins....

All the Bears QB needs to do this year is not make mistakes, score 1 TD a game, and they will win every game 16-6 or 16-10
Old 07-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Keeneland

if your looking for a single no prob day of the game for face.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

got think the fish will be 90perc better this year dantae is gonna show what hes made of...and ex bear..marty booker will lead the way...love my bears but they have a mcekasky problem..and should have got a qb..
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
if your looking for a single no prob day of the game for face.
Eh, think I'd rather get a pair and hope for a friend.