Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Flemington

Great job, Travis on calling the two big days.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Gulfstream Park

Agreed. Watched the majority on the CD feed rather than the TV.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Me too. Love the picture, hate the programming.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Hawthorne

Materiality missed the break and got shuffled way back , he starts to pick it up on the backside and was really flying late. I don't think Pletcher runs him back in Baltimore , but he showed a lot to me to handle all he did today and could be a real Belmont contender. I don't know what happened to Upstart and Carpe Diem just spit the bit. California horses again in the Derby going 1,2,3. I thought Frosted also tried his best with an unfavorable pace set up.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE View Post
Materiality missed the break and got shuffled way back , he starts to pick it up on the backside and was really flying late. I don't think Pletcher runs him back in Baltimore , but he showed a lot to me to handle all he did today and could be a real Belmont contender. I don't know what happened to Upstart and Carpe Diem just spit the bit. California horses again in the Derby going 1,2,3. I thought Frosted also tried his best with an unfavorable pace set up.
Agree with all of these points. I think Materiality has nothing but improvement ahead. I was shocked that Dortmund made the lead, and that the pace was as pedestrian as it was. He could not have and a better trip, relative to the amount of ground loss American Pharaoh needed to overcome, and may be a nice miler.

American Pharaoh may be even better in Baltimore. I'd love to see the Trackus as he clearly ran further than anyone else, and while maybe not as physically impressive in victory, the stats will bear out how much extra work he had to do.

Frosted closing like a shot into an non-existent pace was visually, the most impressive performance outside of AP's victory. Danzig Moon stalking and staying on was great to see. He just gets better with every race.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Cahokia Downs

I think the top five of six of this race might end up being the best in a very long while, maybe ever. I pray they make it sound all year. God what a year it might be. I hated Materiality in this race but he was VERY impressive today and I think he might end up being the second best horse of his generation. I think the winner is something special. I hope Materiality skips the Preakness because I think he's the ONLY horse that could win in Baltimore other than the Pharoah and I just want another crown attempt. I love Firing Line and Dortmund (and played them hard today) but this was their day to dethrone the Pharoah and they couldn't do it. What a race...what a day.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Churchill Downs

I love winning!!!

It feels so good. I just like being right. It really feels good to pick the right horse.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
I love winning!!!

It feels so good. I just like being right. It really feels good to pick the right horse.
I'm guessing by your spamming of every possible Derby related thread, that that feeling of being right is pretty foreign to you.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
I'm guessing by your spamming of every possible Derby related thread, that that feeling of being right is pretty foreign to you.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Agree with all of these points. I think Materiality has nothing but improvement ahead. I was shocked that Dortmund made the lead, and that the pace was as pedestrian as it was. He could not have and a better trip, relative to the amount of ground loss American Pharaoh needed to overcome, and may be a nice miler.

American Pharaoh may be even better in Baltimore. I'd love to see the Trackus as he clearly ran further than anyone else, and while maybe not as physically impressive in victory, the stats will bear out how much extra work he had to do.

Frosted closing like a shot into an non-existent pace was visually, the most impressive performance outside of AP's victory. Danzig Moon stalking and staying on was great to see. He just gets better with every race.
Pace was NOT slow. Frosted closed into a 26 final quarter and didnt get past Danzig Moon. I dont get the Frosted love. Dortmund was projected to be on pace by TimeForm it was hardily a surprise. TimeForm has the race faster then Beyer relatively speaking to their scales. AP traveled 29 feet more then Firing Line and I think 69 more then Dortmund.

I figure Dortmund to Haskel AP to Travers.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Dead last Upstart is okay, just wasn't that into it.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/14546
Old 05-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Dead last Upstart is okay, just wasn't that into it.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/14546
He'd do real well in Ny bred races.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Louisiana Downs

Based on what I read on here I really wanted to bet a little on Tepin but I only had 90 cents in my TVG account. (yes, you read that right). Wish I would have taken the time to add a little cash to the acct and bet her to win. Boo for me.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Pace was NOT slow. Frosted closed into a 26 final quarter and didnt get past Danzig Moon. I dont get the Frosted love. Dortmund was projected to be on pace by TimeForm it was hardily a surprise. TimeForm has the race faster then Beyer relatively speaking to their scales. AP traveled 29 feet more then Firing Line and I think 69 more then Dortmund.

I figure Dortmund to Haskel AP to Travers.
I didn't say the pace was slow, I said it was non-existential - RE: the expected front end meltdown that didn't materialize. Say what you will, 47.34/1.11.29 isn't lighting the world on fire - I believe Beyer got it right.

I'm guessing you didn't see how rank Frosted was getting away when taken back and had to be moved out to settle, and still came on better than than anyone else.

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 05-03-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
Great job, Travis on calling the two big days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Thank you both. What an amazing weekend. Really hard to describe how awesome it was. Dream come true.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
Thank you both. What an amazing weekend. Really hard to describe how awesome it was. Dream come true.
So happy for you!! Well done.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
He'd do real well in Ny bred races.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
He's likely the most overrated horse in the crop. And that uncertainty I have about it being likely is only because Winstar keeps proving me wrong with their ability to select racehorses and stallion prospects.

Those guys are magical.

Keep rolling them eyes dude.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
Sure looks like you had fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjFBLPBPOk
Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
He's likely the most overrated horse in the crop. And that uncertainty I have about it being likely is only because Winstar keeps proving me wrong with their ability to select racehorses and stallion prospects.

Those guys are magical.

Keep rolling them eyes dude.
You have always had issues with making over the top statements and asserting them as if they are fact. But this is at a new level. Upstart, who until Saturday had been out of the exacta exactly once in 6 starts, had just earned the 2nd highest speed figure in the field according to Beyer, and the highest Thoro-graph number, was "likely the most overrated horse in the crop."

Think about hitting the brakes. I know you're thumping your chest about American Pharoah, but enough's enough.