Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Steve Byk

Default 5/26-28 (SA): Gold Cup, Gamely (G1's); Desert Stormer (G3); Shoe (G1)

Old 05-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Lincoln Fields

I thought City of Light was pointing to the Met. This looks like a tough spot at a distance that’s likely pushing his limits.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tywizard View Post
I thought City of Light was pointing to the Met. This looks like a tough spot at a distance that’s likely pushing his limits.
His performance in the Oaklawn certainly didn't make it look like 10 furlongs would be a problem, and this and the Pacific Classic are pretty much his only opportunities to try it before they have to make a decision for the Breeders' Cup.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:34 PM
The Curragh

Not a bunch of killers in there for City of Light. Certainly a better chance to hang around near the front end here than in the Met Mile IMO.

Heck I thought he was the only horse at Oaklawn that looked like he wanted 10 furlongs.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:17 AM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Not a bunch of killers in there for City of Light. Certainly a better chance to hang around near the front end here than in the Met Mile IMO.

Heck I thought he was the only horse at Oaklawn that looked like he wanted 10 furlongs.
Who does he need to be scared of in the Met?

The Gold Cup is a Grade 1 at home but not all Grade 1’s mean the same thing. Accelerate is proven at the distance. I’d take my shot in NY. I’d also bet him in the Met, I’ll skip betting this race.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 AM
Steve Byk

Old 05-27-2018, 06:47 AM
Steve Byk