Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2020, 04:46 PM
The Curragh

Default 2020 Recap So Far

It's been 15 weeks since we started our new season which ended with the 2019
Breeders Cup and so far the numbers are pretty good. 3 players are showing a
flat profit and in the 15 weeks we have had 14 players in the Winners Circle.
Our ROI leader thus far is NJ Stinks with a profit of $659 and an ROI of 53%.
In second is the Colorado Kitten Ruffian with profits of $441 and an ROI of
51%. Cal rounds out the trio of winners with profits of $222 and a 15% ROI.
Cruzan and Don Guido are close. NJ Stinks and Cal both have 3 wins with
Ruffian, Don G and Real Quiet adding two each. A couple weeks ago my fingers
outpaced my brain and I had to redo some of 2019. Our big winner last year was
Roamin and he didn't stay in positive territory until June last year so there
is plenty of time for jockeying in the standings. There is a lot of racing to come and profits
to be made. The rest of the Triple Crown Trail precedes the big three races. Saratoga
and the Del Mar summer meets are waiting. Then it's the road to the Breeders Cup
Championships. Despite it's problems I love this game.
See you all at Gulfstream on Saturday.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:07 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
It's been 15 weeks since we started our new season which ended with the 2019
Breeders Cup and so far the numbers are pretty good. 3 players are showing a
flat profit and in the 15 weeks we have had 14 players in the Winners Circle.
Our ROI leader thus far is NJ Stinks with a profit of $659 and an ROI of 53%.
In second is the Colorado Kitten Ruffian with profits of $441 and an ROI of
51%. Cal rounds out the trio of winners with profits of $222 and a 15% ROI.
Cruzan and Don Guido are close. NJ Stinks and Cal both have 3 wins with
Ruffian, Don G and Real Quiet adding two each. A couple weeks ago my fingers
outpaced my brain and I had to redo some of 2019. Our big winner last year was
Roamin and he didn't stay in positive territory until June last year so there
is plenty of time for jockeying in the standings. There is a lot of racing to come and profits
to be made. The rest of the Triple Crown Trail precedes the big three races. Saratoga
and the Del Mar summer meets are waiting. Then it's the road to the Breeders Cup
Championships. Despite it's problems I love this game.
See you all at Gulfstream on Saturday.
All I can say is thisplacewouldnotbethesamewithoutyouPete. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Recap

Thanks for the recap. Good to know where we stand. Looks like it's still anyone's contest to win or lose with lots of racing to go. I've been expecting Roamin to make a big score, but so far he's been awfully quiet. I see he's changing his style a bit for Saturday. That may do the trick. I may follow his lead, but probably without hope for success as I don't seem to ever score except when I play tris and even then not too often. My last nice score was the first contest of the new year. Since then I've been "lost in the desert on a horse with no name."
Old 02-28-2020, 01:07 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Cal828, some times even I know a person has to change a certain style. And the way I have been going I think this is that moment. I had a few seconds but that's not my way of betting. I like the front end on my bets. But I have been watching your play. I take my hat off to you. I feel if there is anyone to catch is "You". Not to hurt any ones feelings. Everyone here has good days also. Real Quiet is another to keep an eye on. Pete is pretty consistent when he gets rolling. Well good luck to all this Saturday.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:45 AM
The Curragh

We are now 38 weeks into our contest year and on a whole it has not been kind to our group. Six times in the ROI we have gone without a winner and overall we are losing about 31%. Not our worst year (2012 was) but close. There is a distinct possibility that no player will show a profit. With all that being said, 3 players are still making some virtual cash. 38 weeks and three out of approximately 10 players are still up. In third with a $54 profit is Cal. A good part of that is his 7 second place finishes and hitting the board 32% of the weeks. In second is Ruffian with a profit of $122 and an ROI of 3.69%. By a cats whisker our pro tem leader is NJ Stinks with a profit of $103.90 and an ROI of 3.85%. Now that's close and the order is subject to change race to race.
Everyone else is down well over a thousand except for Cruzan who only has 9 weeks under his belt. As far as wins go, Ruffian leads with 6. NJ Stinks, Cal and Real Quiet have 4 each with Joly, Don and Roamin adding 3. Everyone has won at least one week. Good luck the rest of the way and lets try to keep 2012 in the books.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
We are now 38 weeks into our contest year and on a whole it has not been kind to our group. Six times in the ROI we have gone without a winner and overall we are losing about 31%. Not our worst year (2012 was) but close. There is a distinct possibility that no player will show a profit. With all that being said, 3 players are still making some virtual cash. 38 weeks and three out of approximately 10 players are still up. In third with a $54 profit is Cal. A good part of that is his 7 second place finishes and hitting the board 32% of the weeks. In second is Ruffian with a profit of $122 and an ROI of 3.69%. By a cats whisker our pro tem leader is NJ Stinks with a profit of $103.90 and an ROI of 3.85%. Now that's close and the order is subject to change race to race.
Everyone else is down well over a thousand except for Cruzan who only has 9 weeks under his belt. As far as wins go, Ruffian leads with 6. NJ Stinks, Cal and Real Quiet have 4 each with Joly, Don and Roamin adding 3. Everyone has won at least one week. Good luck the rest of the way and lets try to keep 2012 in the books.
Thanks again Pete. We'll have to give you a raise I guess!!! I'll speak with the other Board Members about it and see what I can do.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Havre de Grace

One step forward and two steps back might be the theme of this year. Maybe with a lot of luck we can somehow redeem ourselves by the end of the year. I think we've still got some $200 limit days. Maybe that will help.

For myself, I think I will try to play some different types of bets that I don't usually try like doubles or pick 3s. I think the problem with playing the same old way every week is you don't look for other opportunities that might be there. So watch, I'll try that for awhile and likely lose and then it'll be back to my comfort zone.

Last edited by cal828 : 08-06-2020 at 07:23 PM.