Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
You are James, Wade, or Bosh. Pat Riley comes to you and says if all three of you pot out and re-sign for $10 million, I can get Pau Gasol or Carmelo Anthony in here. What do you say?
NBA would never approve the contracts.

Us as them would say sure but Bosh doesnt exactly have a whole bunch of endorsements lined up like James to be giving up 10 million a year during the end of his prime earning years and Wade is a big players union guy who wouldn't sell them out that badly I don't believe.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I agree on all points. The question would be how can you force guys to take more money if they agree to less? As you said, Wade is a union guy and James is too so they would not do it. Would be an interesting idea though. I wonder what's going to happen down there. If I were James and Wade and Bosh opt in like they are expected to, I would seriously consider leaving. But that would do serious damage to his reputation again.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I agree on all points. The question would be how can you force guys to take more money if they agree to less? As you said, Wade is a union guy and James is too so they would not do it. Would be an interesting idea though. I wonder what's going to happen down there. If I were James and Wade and Bosh opt in like they are expected to, I would seriously consider leaving. But that would do serious damage to his reputation again.
The same way you can veto a trade that two teams agree to.

I think if they lose this year James leaving wouldnt be a big negative anymore. The tricky part is that this years FA class is really weak in terms of impact players that would actually leave their current teams. Obviously James is the biggest name if he opts out but if Carmelo resigns with the Knicks and they slog through 2014-15 they will have Hardaway, Shumpert, Anthony, a 1st round pick, a ton of cap space and a credible guy in charge even though he has no front office experience. What if Miami wins this year, Bosh and James stay in Miami one more year then relocate to NY? Bosh is a perfect triangle fit and James can play any role.

Maybe I'm delusional but try to imagine where else James would go? Where else makes sense?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
The same way you can veto a trade that two teams agree to.

I think if they lose this year James leaving wouldnt be a big negative anymore. The tricky part is that this years FA class is really weak in terms of impact players that would actually leave their current teams. Obviously James is the biggest name if he opts out but if Carmelo resigns with the Knicks and they slog through 2014-15 they will have Hardaway, Shumpert, Anthony, a 1st round pick, a ton of cap space and a credible guy in charge even though he has no front office experience. What if Miami wins this year, Bosh and James stay in Miami one more year then relocate to NY? Bosh is a perfect triangle fit and James can play any role.

Maybe I'm delusional but try to imagine where else James would go? Where else makes sense?
I thought NY was not possible, it is. After this year, I think if they win this year they come back for next year. Maybe win again, then Lebron goes to NY.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
47-34 and no playoffs. It was a great season for the young Suns.
They wildly exceeded expectations, have no contract albatrosses and three #1 picks between 14 and 27 in this years draft.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Watching teams like the Suns get left out makes me wonder if it would make sense to give the top pick to the best record among non playoff teams.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Watching teams like the Suns get left out makes me wonder if it would make sense to give the top pick to the best record among non playoff teams.
Then we would have potential playoff teams tanking. Would you rather have the #1 pick or play San Antonio? I'm taking the pick.

While making the playoffs for a team like the Suns is great, fact is it just extends their season a week as they have little chance to make it through 4 seven game series.

They had a great season.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadave View Post
Its been a hard sports season for Phoenix in two cases. The Cards had a great season and didnt make the playoffs,because they were in the top division and now the Suns had a winning season, better than most in the East,and didnt make it also. At least the Dbacks are terrible and we know it early in the season.
Well that and ASU
Old 04-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Well that and ASU
Um, played for PAC 12 championship in football. Beat in-state rival 58-21

Um, overachieved in hoops, actually split with it's in-state rival.

Um, currently have a winning record in baseball, in-state rival doesn't.

Um, women's hoops made it to the 2nd round and lost to national runner-up, in state rival's women's hoops was 5-25

In state rival's softball is ranked 9th......ASU 10th....golly.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Flemington

Default Rockhard FREE MONEY PICKS

The number of games literally means nothing. Im betting the series, I already have locked in at the prices I list.

San Antonio, but Dallas gets 2. No bet here as the Spurs are minus 900. Actually if I had to bet it I would take Dallas at plus 640. Again no bet here, Spurs in 6.

Memphis in 7. Clearly OKC can win, but I dont love the way they finished the season. Ill stab $100 on Memphis plus 330

Golden State in 7. Not as confident as I would be with Bogut being out. But I cant jump ship now. Golden St for $200 at plus 320.

Houston. I like them in 6. I was hoping this series would be close to even. But Houston is to much a chalk for me to wager.

Miami in 5.

Indiana in 5. No bets straight up on either

Toronto in 7. Value at plus 140. Toronto for $100 at plus 140

Wizards in 7. Value at plus 175 IMO. Washington for $100 at plus 175

My finals prediction is Miami vs either Houston, Golden St or LA. My only strong opinion in the West is that I dont think either of the top 2 seeds gets to the Finals.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

As a life-long Raptor "fan" (since year one 1995) I can't tell you how much it means to be back in the playoffs........

Now that that is out of the way......

Raps cannot win this series..on paper

Nets are too big, too strong, too experienced

I think the telling advantage is the Bigs....here's a list of those players on the playoff roster 6 foot 10 and taller

Toronto--Jonas, Hansbrough, Patterson, Novak

Brooklyn--Blatche, Collins, Garnett, Plumlee, Lopez

It's asking Jonas, Tyler and PP a hell of a lot to battle equally for 48 minutes...let alone 7 games.....Blatche is the deal breaker here...Raps have no one to stop him

Lowry has had a season from the Gods......Nets will trap him and double him forcing him to give up the ball....if he does Raps are doomed.....if he doesn't he'll get hurt within the first two games and puffftttt

DeRozan will get exposed this series......Ross will try but he's a rookie(playoff-wise, about to be schooled)..If the media try to paint the story of Joe Johnson getting the AS appearance at the expense of Lowry they just might discover Joe lighting up the Raps one game for 40.....here's a guess...Johnson averages more points than DeRozan and Ross

My head says Nets in 5 or 6 I hope I'm wrong
My heart says GO Raptors
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
Um, played for PAC 12 championship in football. Beat in-state rival 58-21

Um, overachieved in hoops, actually split with it's in-state rival.

Um, currently have a winning record in baseball, in-state rival doesn't.

Um, women's hoops made it to the 2nd round and lost to national runner-up, in state rival's women's hoops was 5-25

In state rival's softball is ranked 9th......ASU 10th....golly.
Got hammered in bowl game, in state rival won theirs

Went nowhere as usual in hoops, in state rival just missed final 4 and has top class coming again

In baseball not ranked in top 25 like in state rival who won nat'l championship 2 years ago.

Womens sports conversation reek of desperation

Cubs spring training in Phoenix area further depresses the scene
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Kant View Post
As a life-long Raptor "fan" (since year one 1995) I can't tell you how much it means to be back in the playoffs........

Now that that is out of the way......

Raps cannot win this series..on paper

Nets are too big, too strong, too experienced

I think the telling advantage is the Bigs....here's a list of those players on the playoff roster 6 foot 10 and taller

Toronto--Jonas, Hansbrough, Patterson, Novak

Brooklyn--Blatche, Collins, Garnett, Plumlee, Lopez

It's asking Jonas, Tyler and PP a hell of a lot to battle equally for 48 minutes...let alone 7 games.....Blatche is the deal breaker here...Raps have no one to stop him

Lowry has had a season from the Gods......Nets will trap him and double him forcing him to give up the ball....if he does Raps are doomed.....if he doesn't he'll get hurt within the first two games and puffftttt

DeRozan will get exposed this series......Ross will try but he's a rookie(playoff-wise, about to be schooled)..If the media try to paint the story of Joe Johnson getting the AS appearance at the expense of Lowry they just might discover Joe lighting up the Raps one game for 40.....here's a guess...Johnson averages more points than DeRozan and Ross

My head says Nets in 5 or 6 I hope I'm wrong
My heart says GO Raptors
Did you just say Blatche cant be stopped?
Dont hear that very often.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Houston under W
Golden State under W
Memphis over L
Denver under W
Atlanta over L
Portlnd over W
And amazingly enough Philly under. LThey may not win 12 games. I believe they are the worst NBA team I can remember. With their current roster they wouldn't even be the favs to win the NBA summer league title.
Tough year as Memphis and Atlanta would have easily been over w/o long term injuries of Gasol and Horford.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Sha Tin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao#t=111

For PG
Old 04-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I actually prefer Houston to come out of the West. I guess we will see about Harden in a few weeks. I predict he averages 30ppg vs Portland.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Sha Tin

East
Indiana over Atlanta in 5
Miami over Charlotte in 4
Toronto over Brooklyn in 7
Chicago over Washington in 6

Indiana over Chicago in 7
Miami over Toronto in 5

Miami over Indiana in 6

West
SA over Dallas in 5
Houston over Portland in 7
LA Clips over GS in 5
OKC over Memphis in 5

SA over Houston in 5
OKC over LA Clips in 7

SA over OKC in 7

Finals
SA over Miami in 7
Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Did you just say Blatche cant be stopped?
Dont hear that very often.
very true!....

I couldn't find a Blatche prop for game 1 at any of my outs

One prop I did play is Joe Johnson +7.5 points vs DeRozan
Old 04-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

"**** BROOKLYN" - Masai Ujiri, who would never step foot in the borough. Cute little team, Masai.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Indiana 4-2
Miami 4-0
Brooklyn 4-2
Chicago 4-2

Indiana 4-2
Miami 4-1

Indiana 4-3

San Antonio 4-1
Oklahoma City 4-2
Los Angeles 4-2
Houston 4-3

San Antonio 4-3
Los Angeles 4-3

Los Angeles 4-3

Los Angeles 4-2