Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2022, 05:11 PM
Steve Byk

Default Uvalde ~ Remember your child in 4th Grade? Or your 4th Grade teacher?

XAVIER LOPEZ

TESS MATA

ROGELIO TORRES

NAVEAH BRAVO
Old 05-25-2022, 05:18 PM
Steve Byk

UZIYAH GARCIA

MIRANDA MATHIS

McKENNA LEE ELROD

ELLIE GARCIA
Old 05-25-2022, 05:21 PM
Steve Byk

ELIJAH CRUZ TORRES

MAITE YULEANA RODRIGUEZ

JOSE FLORES

EVA MIRELES
Old 05-25-2022, 05:34 PM
Steve Byk

JAILAH NICOLE SILGUERO

JAYCE CARMELO LUEVANOS, Jailah's Cousin

IRMA GARCIA

ANNABELLE GUADALUPE RODRIGUEZ
Old 05-25-2022, 05:54 PM
Belmont Park

Evil
Old 05-25-2022, 06:01 PM
Havre de Grace

And folks think it’s ok for some 18 year old to go to the corner store and buy an assault rifle ? I don’t get it. It’s sadder than sad.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:05 PM
Steve Byk

AMERIE GARZA

ALITHEA RAMIREZ

LEXI RUBIO
Old 05-25-2022, 06:26 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
And folks think it’s ok for some 18 year old to go to the corner store and buy an assault rifle ? I don’t get it. It’s sadder than sad.
Please describe in detail what an assault rifle is and be specific? This is not about partisan talking points this is about demonic evil atrocities not what you elect to arm yourself with. Those 18-year-olds fought in wars from the 1700s to defend our right to be free, to bear arms. to speak freely, for the foundation of this country. It's OK to have the debate and there is no right or wrong, commingling it with senseless horrid vial attacks on children is pathetic.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:40 PM
Havre de Grace

Freddy you should read Justice Warren Burger’s thoughts on the second amendment.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Freddy you should read Justice Warren Burger’s thoughts on the second amendment.
So you would be cool if the sick ****in moron blew the heads off kids with a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot for deer hunting? Look these children died in a senseless act of demonic evil, it shakes me to my core. Humanity is capable of genocide which happens each day in 2022. It's repugnant it's not about if it's Zyklon B or a weapon that can fire 15 rounds vs 3. Conflating such is sad.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
So you would be cool if the sick ****in moron blew the heads off kids with a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot for deer hunting? Look these children died in a senseless act of demonic evil, it shakes me to my core. Humanity is capable of genocide which happens each day in 2022. It's repugnant it's not about if it's Zyklon B or a weapon that can fire 15 rounds vs 3. Conflating such is sad.
It’s too easy for nut jobs to get guns Freddy.

The only way to curb this senseless violence is to make it more difficult for the wrong people to obtain weapons. You’re never going to stop it all, but stopping just one would make a huge difference in countless peoples lives.

It’s more difficult to adopt a pet than obtain a gun in this country. There’s something wrong with that.

If you’re a responsible gun owner, I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about the 18 year old kid that was known to shoot at cars with a BB gun, who when he turned 18 went and bought two guns. No wait time, no mental evaluation, no background check. He just needed an ID and money to cause carnage.

We’re the only nation that deals with this. Something needs to change.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:05 PM
Belmont Park

Doesn't work for me. It's Ok to have the debate it's ok to exchange ideas. No Blue Ribbon panel needs to tell me how to protect myself against tyranny, Steve remembers what they did in Germany, what did they do first disarm the population? Australia is beautiful this time of year, you want the military telling you that you can't surf on the beach because some blue ribbon doc feels it's unsafe because of COVID Godbless, Not for me. FYI I have had 4 jabs not to be confused with 0 1 2 or 3. If you want to be in lockdown in Shanghai, have your pets beaten with a shovel because you have COVID Godbless. The founding fathers are brilliant freedom is not free and it's not perfect. If he had a shotgun or a handgun or a semi-automatic rifle none of that brings back anyone. They burned Jesus on a cross, they killed 10 million in WW2, humanity can be brutal
Old 05-25-2022, 08:13 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
It’s too easy for nut jobs to get guns Freddy.

The only way to curb this senseless violence is to make it more difficult for the wrong people to obtain weapons. You’re never going to stop it all, but stopping just one would make a huge difference in countless peoples lives.

It’s more difficult to adopt a pet than obtain a gun in this country. There’s something wrong with that.

If you’re a responsible gun owner, I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about the 18 year old kid that was known to shoot at cars with a BB gun, who when he turned 18 went and bought two guns. No wait time, no mental evaluation, no background check. He just needed an ID and money to cause carnage.

We’re the only nation that deals with this. Something needs to change.
I live in NJ it is NOT easy to get a gun license there are extensive background checks and it requires a bunch of documentation. Is it not perfect I didn't have a shrink do an evalu on my mental health. They did a credit report they had 3 NON family members fill out surveys and the ran my finger prints
Old 05-25-2022, 08:13 PM
Keeneland

You know I love you Freddy but after the 4th or 5th sapphire step away from the computer.

Im not trying to take your guns. Im not suggesting you can’t own one or however
many you want.

I’m suggesting there should be some sort of background check done. I’m suggesting there should be a wait time from the time you attempt to buy a gun to when you actually obtain it. I’m suggesting you should have to register it.

If you’re a law abiding citizen these should be easy. What exactly is the downside to any of these things?
Old 05-25-2022, 08:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I live in NJ it is NOT easy to get a gun license there are extensive background checks and it requires a bunch of documentation. Is it not perfect I didn't have a shrink do an evalu on my mental health. They did a credit report they had 3 NON family members fill out surveys and the ran my finger prints
Most people could walk into a Walmart right now and walk out with a gun. It’s not hard at all. You just have to be 18
Old 05-25-2022, 08:32 PM
Arlington Park

At least no one has offered thoughts and prayers. I’m thankful we’ve avoided that bumper sticker sentiment.

The sad part is that if you look at the response after incidents like this in the past, positions harden. We live in a gun culture. The second amendment folks will say you can’t blame the gun. And go buy a lot more just in case someone actually does something (they won’t).

The rest of us will sputter powerlessly.

Thanks, Steve for posting pictures. I appreciated those.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:17 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You know I love you Freddy but after the 4th or 5th sapphire step away from the computer.

Im not trying to take your guns. Im not suggesting you can’t own one or however
many you want.

I’m suggesting there should be some sort of background check done. I’m suggesting there should be a wait time from the time you attempt to buy a gun to when you actually obtain it. I’m suggesting you should have to register it.

If you’re a law abiding citizen these should be easy. What exactly is the downside to any of these things?
Only 2 bottle of 2016 Mouton that said there is a wait time they send your documents to NICS after you applied for a license and received it with a signature from the police chief in your town on a fingerprinted license. It's a pain in the ass. You just have to understand this is not like going to buy a couch, it id=snt nor should it be.the Mouton was great
Old 05-25-2022, 09:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Only 2 bottle of 2016 Mouton that said there is a wait time they send your documents to NICS after you applied for a license and received it with a signature from the police chief in your town on a fingerprinted license. It's a pain in the ass. You just have to understand this is not like going to buy a couch, it id=snt nor should it be.the Mouton was great
What type of license are you talking about? I could literally go buy a gun right now
Old 05-25-2022, 09:39 PM
Arlington Park

America has many problems. A lack of access to arms isn’t one.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:45 PM
Belmont Park

In NJ you have to purchase a firearms license. You have to go to the police station, you have to fill out a comprehensive series of documents, you have to get your fingers prints, you have to send a mental health survey to 3 NON-family members that certify your being, at which time after all the documents are received in good standing, the police chief in the jurisdiction evaluates the applications and certify's that you are eligible to own a firearm. Now after you have that card which documents who you are where you live etc. you can go to a dealer and purchase a long gun, not to be confused with a pistol...Pistols are a WAY different process. If you want a handgun you have to apply separately and only 3 permits are issued per request(for 90 days). Now if you want an "assault rifle" the definition of which I have no FN clue FYI do you really think a criminal gives a rat's ass about the laws? My handguns (I have several) can not have more than 10 rounds, do you really think a criminal gives a rat's ass about how many rounds are in his gun? I am going to stick up or carjack Jay but I better only have 10 rds in my Glock? lol

Evil sick demented people kill their grandmother and slaughter children...It's not the gun, or knife or ovens they gas you in it's just sick people... Our government drones people to death sometimes they kill the "bad" guy sometimes they kill the bad guy and a couple of innocent people that happen to be in the way. It is all demented