Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2022, 06:26 PM
Keeneland

I tried. More of the same deflection and ignoring valid points. Nothing I have ever said about you is false. NOTHING.

Did you not have a car repo'd? Did you not write a letter trying to take Wrona's job? Did you not cheer on PA when the track Craig was working at announced it was closing? Which one of those things is false? Please, enlighten me. I'm being respectful and leaving other stuff out but we both know balancing a checkbook isn't your strong suit either.

I mean nothing to you but you cannot ignore me and go out of your way to read my tweets. I mean nothing to you but everytime we interact you desperately try to impress me.

Maybe you're fooling yourself, but no one here.

I'm the racing fan you want to impress but I see through your bullshit. Whether you want to admit it or not, I always have. I follow the sport very closely, have a good opinion and back up my opinion at the windows daily. I've also managed to make some friends in the industry and they value my opinion as well. Sorry, but those are facts. I'm not universally hated, but I'm also real.

You know you'd rather a bunch of me's liked you than the mouth breathers you attract with your pandering.

Again, no one in the industry ever, ever defends you. Think about why that is. You know I'm right. but you're a deranged guy who is unable to see himself the way everyone else sees him.

Imagine Durkin behaving this way? You think because it is here and not on Twitter no one sees it?
Old 12-30-2022, 07:04 PM
Keeneland

I love veiled threats.

Notice how you ignored me asking what was untrue about what I’ve said about you. Why is that? Could it be that it is ALL true?

Your problem is you can’t let your work do the talking for you. You have to constantly tell people how great you think you are.

Methinks someone didn’t get enough hugs growing up. Wonder why.

This is all good and fun but I don’t take kindly to threats. I wonder what Oaklawn thinks of their announcer threatening people online. Guess we will find out.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:03 PM
Keeneland

You never explained anything. But whatever. Sue me if you want. Problem with slander is it actually has to be untrue. We both know it isn’t. Nothing I’ve ever said about you is untrue. That’s a fact.

I could point you to literally hundreds of people saying worse things than I do daily about the state of the game.

Maybe you and the big player that you talked about me with (despite not caring about me) can form a class action suit. Let me know how it goes.

You’ve painted yourself in a corner now. Have fun with that.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:40 PM
Keeneland

Somebody needs a hug
Old 12-30-2022, 08:46 PM
v j stauffer

I'm struggling with the all 2yo card tomorrow at Oaklawn.

Anyone want to give me a hand.

I'll take all the help I can get.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:52 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I'm struggling with the all 2yo card tomorrow at Oaklawn.

Anyone want to give me a hand.

I'll take all the help I can get.
Speaking of struggling, I've been listening lately and you really seem to be struggling with your calls. Did something happen?

I wish you well on getting through the card with as few mistakes as possible. Lots of people send me DM's on twitter highlighting each and every mistake. I wish they wouldn't. Very time consuming for me.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:59 PM
Keeneland

Stretch call of the 4th wasn’t pretty
Old 12-31-2022, 06:07 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Speaking of struggling, I've been listening lately and you really seem to be struggling with your calls. Did something happen?

I wish you well on getting through the card with as few mistakes as possible. Lots of people send me DM's on twitter highlighting each and every mistake. I wish they wouldn't. Very time consuming for me.
I think I'm calling pretty well.

Dec 9th was opening day. 6 months off. Thought I was solid.

4 months from my 64th birthday.

Today was particularly difficult. Announcers find great comfort in names and silks they've seen before.

Today the number of horses I had to call that I had never seen their name or silks was 87!

That's not easy.

Felt pretty good about my work today.

Of course, can always get better.

Last edited by v j stauffer : 12-31-2022 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I think I'm calling pretty well.

Dec 9th was opening day. 6 months off. Thought I was solid.

4 months from my 64th birthday.

Today was particularly difficult. Announcers find great comfort in names and silks they've seen before.

Today the number of horses I had to call that I had never seen their name or silks was 87!

That's not easy.

Felt pretty good about my work today.

Of course, can always get better.

Please forward me those tweets and I'll give them a look.
Don’t ever change Vic.

Maybe if you spent more time on your job and less time trying to impress me you wouldn’t make so many mistakes. Think of all the time you spent pandering to morons the last few days. Couldn’t that time have been better spent on memorizing names and silks?

We all have different priorities I guess.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You're a bigshot racing expert but know nothing about anything do you?

Announcers learn silks race by race or it would be a mess.

I memorized them just fine.

I'm not trying to impress you.

I just keep responding because it solidifies what an idiot you are.

It's fun!

Try learning something and try to stop being such a wanker!
Be better at your job.

People are watching and listening.

Do you learn the names race by race too? Because you sure seem to be struggling with that.

You were pretty good at one point. Those days are long gone. Now you’d rather argue with me than perfect your craft.

The game and your employer suffers because of your fragile ego and because you’re lazy.

How sad.

I wonder if Trevor Denman ever spent hours arguing online instead of memorizing names. Probably not. He respects the game too much.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:52 PM
v j stauffer

Default OMG

I saw DAHOSS talking about being blocked on Twitter and why he wasn't blocked elsewhere.

I NEVER KNEW you could block someone on this site.

Halleluiah.

Joy, Rapture, I'll never know what he has to say forever.

What an idiot I was for not knowing I could block him.

WOW. What a night. What an Elixer!

Last edited by v j stauffer : 12-31-2022 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:58 PM
Keeneland

You blocked me on Twitter and still read my posts so….

Does anyone know any other announcers that argue for hours online with people?

I can’t think of any, but maybe there are.

You’d think in a profession where memorizing names is important that those precious hours before a race day you’d be doing that instead of what we’ve seen in this thread.

Oh well
Old 12-31-2022, 11:59 PM
Keeneland

Looks like Vic deleted a bunch of posts in this and other threads.

Par for the course.

He’s lucky I don’t care enough to send this stuff to Oaklawn or even worse….his wife.

Stay in your lane Vic. I own you bitch
Old 01-01-2023, 09:21 AM
Belmont Park

The early favorite for post of the year... "I own you bitch" lol
Old 01-02-2023, 08:30 AM
v j stauffer

Hey everybody it's Vic Stauffer here.

I'm saying hello and Happy New Year since this is the first time I've posted on DT in several days.

My wonderful stepdaughter Lillian has been in town from Hamburg Germany. She's one of the four of us that got the same Christmas tattoo which I shared on Twitter.

Anyway, Lilly is a huge fan of horse racing in general and Oaklawn in particular.

She knows as much or more about the game and everything that surrounds it than even me.

She follows the blogs and forums much closer than even I do.

Before heading this way she was studying for finals and didn't read anything for a couple weeks.

She knows all about the ongoing battles I've had over the years with DAHOSS and ANDY.

When she arrived, she got caught up. The first thing she said was dad I can't believe you're still dealing with that guy. Leave it alone he's not worth it. Exacerbated I said I know I should, but I can't back down. Even though I really wish I could. She said let me have a crack at it.

Ok, I said. Here's my login and password. Have at it. Good luck you'll need it. I trust you to not to cross the line. Welcome to the Jungle!

So, for the past 4 or 5 DH has been trading punches with a 24 year old girl from Germany!

Have Steve check the IP address.

She left to go back to Europe yesterday morning.

Before she left I told her to delete everything she could and to put DH on ignore. I don't want to know anything.

So for those days I was OBLIVIOUS to EVERYTHING! I had no idea what DH said and what her responses on my behalf were. She wanted to tell me a couple things, something about calling Oaklawn, that worried her a bit. It's cool I said, no worries.

I think they have a show on TV the kids like.

I think it's called YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the great racing fans.

Let's make 2023 the BEST ever.

VJS
Old 01-02-2023, 08:56 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Hey everybody it's Vic Stauffer here.

I'm saying hello and Happy New Year since this is the first time I've posted on DT in several days.

My wonderful stepdaughter Lillian has been in town from Hamburg Germany. She's one of the four of us that got the same Christmas tattoo which I shared on Twitter.

Anyway, Lilly is a huge fan of horse racing in general and Oaklawn in particular.

She knows as much or more about the game and everything that surrounds it than even me.

She follows the blogs and forums much closer than even I do.

Before heading this way she was studying for finals and didn't read anything for a couple weeks.

She knows all about the ongoing battles I've had over the years with DAHOSS and ANDY.

When she arrived, she got caught up. The first thing she said was dad I can't believe you're still dealing with that guy. Leave it alone he's not worth it. Exacerbated I said I know I should, but I can't back down. Even though I really wish I could. She said let me have a crack at it.

Ok, I said. Here's my login and password. Have at it. Good luck you'll need it. I trust you to not to cross the line. Welcome to the Jungle!

So, for the past 4 or 5 DH has been trading punches with a 24 year old girl from Germany!

Have Steve check the IP address.

She left to go back to Europe yesterday morning.

Before she left I told her to delete everything she could and to put DH on ignore. I don't want to know anything.

So for those days I was OBLIVIOUS to EVERYTHING! I had no idea what DH said and what her responses on my behalf were. She wanted to tell me a couple things, something about calling Oaklawn, that worried her a bit. It's cool I said, no worries.

I think they have a show on TV the kids like.

I think it's called YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the great racing fans.

Let's make 2023 the BEST ever.

VJS
Just when you think you can't go any lower....you always do.

This is really sad for you Vic.

I'm quoting your post so you can't go back and delete it. If you think anyone actually believes this, you're far more demented and deranged than I give you credit for.

I mean this when I say it....get some help.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Just when you think you can't go any lower....you always do.

This is really sad for you Vic.

I'm quoting your post so you can't go back and delete it. If you think anyone actually believes this, you're far more demented and deranged than I give you credit for.

I mean this when I say it....get some help.
So were the posts made yesterday, since ( according to Vic, or whatever eviler twin this is ) he hasn't been here in days, also made by some relative in Lichtenstein?
Old 01-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
So were the posts made yesterday, since ( according to Vic, or whatever eviler twin this is ) he hasn't been here in days, also made by some relative in Lichtenstein?
I'm not kidding when I say a welfare check might not be a bad idea.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:09 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I'm not kidding when I say a welfare check might not be a bad idea.
I'm more upset that he doesn't know the meaning of exacerbated. In fact, I'm downright exasperated!
Old 01-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I'm more upset that he doesn't know the meaning of exacerbated. In fact, I'm downright exasperated!
That wasn't him that used the word incorrectly. It was his twin brother Nic. Vic gave him his log in and password.