Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2022, 01:52 PM
Keeneland

How many lengths would Candy Ride or Medaglia d'Oro have beaten Country Grammer by? 10? 15?
Old 11-11-2022, 01:54 PM
Keeneland

Imagine Country Grammer lining up against Gun Runner? Curlin? Formal Gold? Spectacular Bid?
Old 11-11-2022, 02:24 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Country Grammer is a serious racehorse? What does that mean he can seriously beat grade 2 and 3 stock comfortably when the pace is fast, and he trips out? I get the Flightline is awesome but Country Grammer I don't get. BTW Vic your eyes fooled you into believing Secret Oath was all that and a bag of chips. They are horses they make fools of players every day. In other compelling news, Jack Christopher has done enough. I was hoping to see him in the Cigar
I think calling him serious is accurate. Yeah that bag of chips won a the Kentucky Oaks. I was wrong about her being generational. But I'd call her serious too.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:27 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Is Country Grammer really a serious racehorse?

Someone has to win these races. His first grade 1 win was over the mighty Royal Ship and Express Train. The best horse he ever beat was probably Hot Rod Charlie, who is okay, but no one considers him a serious horse.

Horses like Skip Away, Holy Bull, Cigar, etc. would have lapped these horses.

I get being dramatic is an effective way to present your argument, but lets at least be realistic about these horses.
Didn't he win $10 million in a year? Sounds serious to me. You're right SKIP AWAY, HOLY BULL and CIGAR would have lapped those horses. They wouldn't have beaten FLIGHTLINE in the Pacific Classic.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I don't think we should allow FLIGHTLINE'S obvious unsoundness take away from what he's capable of doing.

What we saw in the six races was ability that is comparable to any dirt horse ever who is not named SECRETARIAT.

Saying FLIGHTLINE would have won SECRETARIAT'S Belmont nonsense.

Problem is in this day and age when we get one like this it's very hard to know what he's capable of. There's no competition to make him do his best.

His win in the Pacific Classic using whatever criteria you choose was either the best race ever run on dirt or more likely second best to Big Red.

MARGIN: 19 1/2 lengths

TIME: 1:59.28

COMPANY: COUNTRY GRAMMER a very serious, highly accomplished multiple Grade 1 winner.

SPEED FIGURE: A THOROGRAPH negative 8 1/2. A number Jerry Brown said he was extremely conservative with. Quoted as saying it could and may still become as fast as a negative 11. Could still get changed to that.

EYE TEST: The move leaving the 3/8th's pole was breathtaking.

It's sounds like most are willing to anoint him. But the 6 starts stands in the way.

I get that as it relates to accomplishments.

But what I saw with my own two eyes and felt with my heart.

This is either the best race horse or second best race horse ever to stand on this planet.
Congrats on 5th place
Old 11-11-2022, 02:29 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
How many lengths would Candy Ride or Medaglia d'Oro have beaten Country Grammer by? 10? 15?
That sounds about right. Meaning FLIGHTLINE would have beaten them by 4 1/2 lengths.

Thanks for proving my point.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:33 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Imagine Country Grammer lining up against Gun Runner? Curlin? Formal Gold? Spectacular Bid?
Imagine FLIGHTLINE lining up against GUN RUNNER, CURLIN, FORMAL GOLD? He'd throttle all of those!

SPECTACULAR BID might have beaten FLIGHTLINE.

Let me help.

This thread is about FLIGHTLINE.

It's NOT about COUNTRY GRAMMER or me.

That would be a heck of a race.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:34 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Congrats on 5th place
Thanks, appreciate that.

I'm gonna win that tournament some day.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Imagine FLIGHTLINE lining up against GUN RUNNER, CURLIN, FORMAL GOLD? He'd throttle all of those!

Let me help.

Everything is about you Vic. Everyone knows that.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Congrats on 5th place
7th
Old 11-11-2022, 02:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Didn't he win $10 million in a year? Sounds serious to me. You're right SKIP AWAY, HOLY BULL and CIGAR would have lapped those horses. They wouldn't have beaten FLIGHTLINE in the Pacific Classic.
He won 10 million in a year because he ran in a 12 million dollar race and a 20 million dollar race.

Then he got beat on the square by Royal Ship and Defunded.

Serious stuff.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:44 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Everything is about you Vic. Everyone knows that.
Who's everyone?

There's about 12 people that will interact with you.

You've repulsed the rest away.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:45 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
7th
Coatney's final total gave him a comfortable margin of victory over runner-up Jim Videtic, who bankrolled $124,636. Charles Thompson was third with $102,964. Dave Chenvert was fourth with $94,167, and Oaklawn Park track announcer Vic Stauffer finished fifth with $88,387.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Coatney's final total gave him a comfortable margin of victory over runner-up Jim Videtic, who bankrolled $124,636. Charles Thompson was third with $102,964. Dave Chenvert was fourth with $94,167, and Oaklawn Park track announcer Vic Stauffer finished fifth with $88,387.
I stand corrected. I was going off of what I saw at PA. I should know better.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:

Let me help.

Flightline is as good as I have seen. I am not going with any more or any less. I don't know if he would have beaten Ghostzapper might have might not who knows who cares. I don't know if he races Bid 10 times how many each of them win, but it ain't 10-0 Flightline and who cares anyhow. If they race enough, they all get beat they aren't machines
Old 11-11-2022, 02:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Who's everyone?

There's about 12 people that will interact with you.

You've repulsed the rest away.
At least I didn't get caught trying to make a money grab with those sh.itty trip notes. You sure changed your tune quick there, huh?

Scumbag gets caught trying to charge the same fans you pretend to care so much about $75 for nothing and when called on it made up some BS story about it being for charity.

Go away Vic. Go play sword fights with that loser Mark Patterson and the other scumbags you kiss up to. No one is fooled by your BS here. You know that, which is why you stayed far away before the Breeders Cup.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:53 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Flightline is as good as I have seen. I am not going with any more or any less. I don't know if he would have beaten Ghostzapper might have might not who knows who cares. I don't know if he races Bid 10 times how many each of them win, but it ain't 10-0 Flightline and who cares anyhow. If they race enough, they all get beat they aren't machines
SHARP POST
Old 11-11-2022, 02:54 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Candy Ride was 6 for 6, winning stakes on turf and dirt and ran a faster time in the Pacific Classic than Flightline did against a real serious horse in Medaglia d'oro. Not fake serious horses that Vic makes up because he's desperate to appear smart.

No one thinks he's the best horse ever, but he was really, really good. Flightline is really, really good. Who knows how good.

The desire for people like Vic to make proclamations says more about them and their need to be important.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:55 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
At least I didn't get caught trying to make a money grab with those sh.itty trip notes. You sure changed your tune quick there, huh?

Scumbag gets caught trying to charge the same fans you pretend to care so much about $75 for nothing and when called on it made up some BS story about it being for charity.

Go away Vic. Go play sword fights with that loser Mark Patterson and the other scumbags you kiss up to. No one is fooled by your BS here. You know that, which is why you stayed far away before the Breeders Cup.
Right again.

Sounds good.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:55 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Right again.

Sounds good.
SHARP POST