Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2021, 11:30 AM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 2/27 @ Gulfstream

It was a tough day finding winners at Gulfstream despite playing 12 races. However, two players
found some late in the card and will go home with the points. For the third week in a row Cal
cashed a ticket but missed the break even point. Digger waited till race 14. You could say
he Drained the Clock and hit his shot at the buzzer. The second place finish did not give him the
Greatest Honor but the $160 payout gave him second place. First place and the win this week
goes to Indian Hemp who played Antoniette in the Very One Stakes and the resulting $9.60
payout worth $230 provided him a comfortable win. Congrats on the win Indian Hemp and for
collecting the "points" for your stable. Following are the unofficial results pending a review of
insider trading. The only thing I can add is that Joly is almost on a roll. The last three weeks
he hit a pick 3 of 4. A pick 4 of 5 and a pick 5 of 6. Does anyone know if any track has a Pick
7? It just seems like a natural progression! See you all next week wherever our points winner
ships us as we March toward the first saturday in May.

WIN... Indian Hemp... +$130.00... r 13 $50 Win 3 $9.20 X 25... $230.00

PLACE... Digger... +$60.00... r 14: $100 Show # 1 $3.20 X 50... $160.00

Cal828 -$34.50 R11 $5 Tri 2 // 6 // 7 $6.15 X 10... $61.50

Real Quiet -$83.00

Don Guido -$96.00

Roamin -$100.00

Joly B -$100.00

NJ Stinks -$100.00

Ruffian -$100.00

Cruzan -$100.00
Old 03-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
The only thing I can add is that Joly is almost on a roll. The last three weeks
he hit a pick 3 of 4. A pick 4 of 5 and a pick 5 of 6. Does anyone know if any track has a Pick
7? It just seems like a natural progression!

After a series of performances like that I long for the older version of NYRA's pick 6 that included a consolation payout for 5 of 6. If you were playing multiple tickets with "A" and "B" picks you could end up with a number of tickets with 5 correct and almost cover the original investment. Unfortunately the cost was $2 per wager meaning that any play required a very large bankroll or a syndicate of friends to play.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:15 PM
The Curragh

The last two weeks I think an almost unplayable longshot won one of your legs. It just goes to show how big of a cover you need to hit one of these wagers. Someone always seems like they hit this wager and you can only imagine the size of the ticket that includes these horses.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Oriental Park

That's one of the many reasons why I enjoy playing in our weekly ROI contests. It allows me to experiment with wagering strategies that would exceed my budget and not feel too bad about if they do not succeed.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
Digger waited till race 14. You could say
he Drained the Clock and hit his shot at the buzzer. The second place finish did not give him the
Greatest Honor but the $160 payout gave him second place.
I was having same thought when I made Drain the Clock my best pick, buzzer shot to win. Really thought I had race won beginning at the stretch run then along came Greatest Honor to block my shot.