Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Man 5 minutes ago talking with Byk now posting on here you are all over the place. Interested to see how you like Melo playing with your boy Westbrook this year. Seems to be a good fit and they got hosed last game with that illegal screen at end. cheers
Plus Minnesota is going to win 50-55 games.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I said before Montauk ran that he was likely Pletchers best baby. So yeah, I'm hitched 2 him. I think he was very strong and the 2 Chads that ran behind him could be OK. I guess we will find out later down the road.
Well, given Todd had nothing at that point ( please don't tell me anyone smart thought Hazit was anything ), and the word was all over the place for weeks about Montauk, that was hardly doctoral work on your part. As for the two from Chad behind them, while any horse "could" be OK, I suppose, I won't be holding my breath for their Graded Stakes wins.

Any chance you claimed Zulu the other day?
Old 10-24-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Well, given Todd had nothing at that point ( please don't tell me anyone smart thought Hazit was anything ), and the word was all over the place for weeks about Montauk, that was hardly doctoral work on your part. As for the two from Chad behind them, while any horse "could" be OK, I suppose, I won't be holding my breath for their Graded Stakes wins.

Any chance you claimed Zulu the other day?
Never been a Zulu guy.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Plus Minnesota is going to win 50-55 games.
that would be a huge improvement from last year. I think they are much better but West is brutal so I say 45-48 my be ceiling
Old 10-24-2017, 02:07 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
that would be a huge improvement from last year. I think they are much better but West is brutal so I say 45-48 my be ceiling
Their win total before the season was 48 1/2.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:45 AM
Steve Byk

FRIDAY PP'S

SATURDAY PP'S
Old 10-27-2017, 11:45 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Juvy Filly Turf.

So the Rushing Fall hoss handled that Daddy’s a Legend hoss pretty easily breaking her maiden. Daddy’s a legend looked really good circling the whole field like they were standing still. He was 11th out of 12 up the backstretch and destroyed the field. Very impressive. Maybe those euros take money and we get 4-1. I think chad brown runs 1-2 in there.

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 10-28-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:14 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
So the Rushing Fall hoss handled that Daddy’s a Legend hoss pretty easily breaking his maiden. Daddy’s a legend looked really good circling the whole field like they were standing still. He was 11th out of 12 up the backstretch and destroyed the field. Very impressive. Maybe those euros take money and we get 4-1. I think chad brown runs 1-2 in there.
This horse may be really good but man that was some kind of fall apart he won, and he is going to be favorite I believe, lots of hype for that horse.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:41 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
This horse may be really good but man that was some kind of fall apart he won, and he is going to be favorite I believe, lots of hype for that horse.
He's a she.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
He's a she.
And she said , Hay babe , take a walk on the wild side. But I'll be coming like the wind on the outside with a rush

Speaking of she....Winx won again . 22 Wins in row now. You didn't have time to knock her this morning?

Oh yeah, she won again.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Steve Byk

Nick Luck on ATR today: British Press Corps at Doncaster this weekend with O'Brien have him sending U.S. Navy Flag to the Juvenile and Mendelssohn to the Juvy Turf.. Nelson NOT coming despite St. Cloud cancellation which combined with Navy Flag to Juvy will get MY BOY JACK & SNAPPER SINCLAIR into Juvy Turf..

Last edited by Kasept : 10-30-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Steve Byk

Old 10-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Longchamps

Catholic Boy at 12-1 is mighty tasty
Old 10-31-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I'm 5 deep and couldn't cover him.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
I'm 5 deep and couldn't cover him.
This horse looks great and no way should be 12-1. This is a tough race for sure but be careful leaving him off your ticket. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:18 AM

1,6,7,8 for me.
I feel confident I have the winner covered.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
This horse looks great
So true,he does not look like a 2yo.......very impressive sort.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:12 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
we all know Voting Control is gonna be much lower than 8-1, just based on who trains him. I think Masar kind of fell into favorite as this is a wide open betting race. How Encumbered is 15-1 and My Boy Jack is roughly half that price @ 8-1 is a little mind blowing considering he's beat Jack on the square twice already.

Gonna take a stand with Sands Of Mail @ 30-1. I think the oddsmaker really messed up this ml, and i think this horse has a big shot. Aside from him, none of the Euro's knocked me off my feet but i hope they all get pounded at the window.

-bt-
Old 10-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
we all know Voting Control is gonna be much lower than 8-1, just based on who trains him. I think Masar kind of fell into favorite as this is a wide open betting race. How Encumbered is 15-1 and My Boy Jack is roughly half that price @ 8-1 is a little mind blowing considering he's beat Jack on the square twice already.

Gonna take a stand with Sands Of Mail @ 30-1. I think the oddsmaker really messed up this ml, and i think this horse has a big shot. Aside from him, none of the Euro's knocked me off my feet but i hope they all get pounded at the window.

-bt-

I'm with you. That trainer almost won this race at 18:1 at Keeneland two years ago and why would he ship him off his last disaster if he didn't feel there was a very real excuse. His race two back can win this. Very usable horse at a big price.

I also agree about Voting Control, and think he's as likely, and probably more than likely, to win as any US based horse. He was much the best last time.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Ellis Park

The Juvy Filly kind of catches my longshot interest.
Mark Casse has three in this heat,the one that figures to take solid play is Heavenly Love.
Heavenly Love looked oh so good winning the Gr. 1 Alcibiades in 1:45.1 by 5+ lengths on 10/6.
Earlier on that 10/6 card Casse sent out Gio Game to break her maiden by 9 lengths in 1:44.4..........also looking like all the horse.
Of the three Casse runners,Gio Game is my lean.
The other price horse I like a bit is Blonde Bomber.
I don't think the ever sharp Stanley Gold is sending her out to DMR for the fish tacos.
Blonde Bomber stretched out to a mile and looked like new money.
Factor in her sneaky good workout the other day and she might be sitting on a big race.