Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2021, 04:07 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Covid Shots

You guys get your covid shots yet? Looks like they are starting to give them here next week, but only about 3 or 4 pharmacies here in Hot Springs giving the shot. I signed up for a couple of pharmacies here and one in a neighboring town. That one had a waiting list of 360+. Daughter wants me to go to Little Rock to get the shot at a University of Arkansas Clinic. I am thinking that one may have thousands of people waiting for the shot. Wonder what the chances are of getting covid while you wait in line to get the covid shot?

Daughter pushing me to get the shot because my granddaughter has been chosen homecoming maid at her school and I "need to be there" for homecoming. A grandparent's job is never done. Have to say, as a bragging grandparent, she is a lovely girl and has a 4 point grade average. I told my daughter my granddaughter does not seem to be related to me with all those smarts. Sadly, my daughter did not argue.

Last edited by cal828 : 01-15-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:22 PM
Oriental Park

Patty and I are both signed up for our county and local city health care services department. Got a confirmation back as such and said we will get in touch with as soon as we have availability to provide for the 1B group. We are both well over 65 and she has underlying health conditions as well.

So it's a waiting game for us.

Dallas County is behind the 8 ball with getting vaccine in our arms as is Texas in general. Maybe our new President and Vice president can light a fire under our predominant GOP leadership, Gov Abbott and Ted "Big Mouth" Cruz butts. I'd go on but will refrain from political statements here.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Havre de Grace

I totally understand about the political part. I've been going on facebook a bit lately. I want to say something sometimes, but you can cut the vitriol with a knife so I restrain myself so as not to become part of the problem. I told my financial advisor in a conversation right after the election that I feared that there might be violence and I thought to myself at the time, that he probably thought that I was crazy and I even thought that maybe I was being a little over the top, but turns out I was all too right. Just hope that people realize that violence should not be the way of America. It's the way of Damascus and Kabul.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:11 PM
Oriental Park

My wife and I are both eligible for the current phase and are waiting for the procedures to sign up for an appointment to be clarified. There is still much work to be done to fine tune the distribution process and to communicate the procedures to those who qualify. A doctor I spoke with earlier this week told me that "we are trying to fly the plane while we are still building it."

Even though the process will be by appointment only, it is not clear how the safety protocols will work when the shot is administered. We hope to enroll at a site where we feel that we will both be as safe as can be expected.

Fortunately the state leadership is doing everything it can to make the process work, so I'm very hopeful.

Cal, I hope that you are able to attend your granddaughter's function. Those are the perks for all of the hard work.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 PM
Sunshine Park

My wife is a health care worker here in Canada, she got the Pfizer vaccine Jan 5th. No issues, with it. No soreness in the arm, like when she gets the regular flu shot. Have a friend in California, who is also a health care worker. He has taken the Moderna version, and he says the same thing. He is also waiting for the booster. Here in Canada, the roll out has been slower, because of lack of supply. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:24 AM
Oriental Park

The process for enrollment here in CT has improved every day. Both my wife and I have an appointment this Friday for the first shot at a location in our town. Life is good.