Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Arlington Park

i liked most of joel cunningham's post, i'd like to see him come back.
NO slight to anyone else here.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
yeah, once you get past the intolerance, bigotry, and xenophobia he was really quite pleasant.
Honest, it was tongue in cheek....But obviously I also missed some of the craziness of these posts b/c I only remember a few of them. Most must not have been in the Paddock. Whacked out fellow.

You have to have standards on here. I can't think of one person who got the boot who didn't deserve it. Not one....And those that go on their way and choose not to post here, you can't fault anyone here for that.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Randwyck

is balleto that smoking hot chick??
Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 PM
danzatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4
is balleto that smoking hot chick??

He thought he was.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Honest, it was tongue in cheek....But obviously I also missed some of the craziness of these posts b/c I only remember a few of them. Most must not have been in the Paddock. Whacked out fellow.

You have to have standards on here. I can't think of one person who got the boot who didn't deserve it. Not one....And those that go on their way and choose not to post here, you can't fault anyone here for that.
Repent was funny but one strange cat. If you really read between the lines he was so brainwashed and he took that to a new level. I think he is/was probably very bright but it just amazed me that he could not see he was as fanatical as the people he expressed hatred in. Poor guy wanted the world to be an easy place to understand... and just made a mess of it.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
and btw is an acquired one. so what's the point in moaning about it?
Hmmm... I could go so MANY ways with that one, B.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Intersting taste. No BTW but Oracle, Euro, Joel and Repent. Hmmmm.
I had no problem with any of the above listed, either. Joel and I are good friends and I still talk to Mike.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:53 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Repent never believed a word of what he actually typed...his biggest thrill came from getting a rise out of people...and he did that quite often.

Not defending him or his statements, as quite a few of them were outlandish, but keep in mind it is the internet. Not everyone is whom they always make themselves out to be. (Case in point, me being portrayed as a sex god )

That being said....this IS a privately owned board and with that ownership comes the power and privelage to lay down certain ground rules as he (Steve) sees fit. Don't like the rules?? Carry your ass...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:11 AM
The Curragh

who gives a **** where ORacle is
Old 02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I always wondered how he knew Smarty Jones voted Democrat.

So THAT's who finally tipped Pennsylvania into the Kerry column... or wait, had he switched his voter registration to Kentucky by then?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Thats good. My point was the unnecessary cheap shot at a member who has provided a lot of time and energy in trying to provide help on numerous occasions. Funny how you singled me out though.
Sorry, just quoted you because you mentioned those names. We've already discussed this and we're both aware on where we stand regarding that. As for BTW, I don't have anything negative to say about him. He's definitely opinionated, but who isn't on here? Life is too short to get upset about people you've never met, and since the few members on this board that I have met (yes, Joel is included) have been nothing but nice and helpful to me, I will assume that Andy Serling is the same way in person.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
since the few members on this board that I have met (yes, Joel is included) have been nothing but nice and helpful to me, I will assume that Andy Serling is the same way in person.
You'd need only slightly block his friends driveway by a few inches to find out your assumption is wrong.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
You'd need only slightly block his friends driveway by a few inches to find out your assumption is wrong.

Let's be completely honest....it was really the poodle that put me on tilt.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
Just a matter of taste is all.
Then I have decidedly different taste than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
Repent never believed a word of what he actually typed...his biggest thrill came from getting a rise out of people...and he did that quite often.
If that is true, then that would make him just about the last person I would want on a forum I was reading and/or contributing to. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer folks who mean what they write/say.

--Dunbar
Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Randwyck

Obviously, we all understand the dynamic of a BB. We have a great forum here and a host that is looking to maintain a standard of behavior and decorum -- and not only should Steve be doing that, but I feel he is doing a great job. I know if several BB's and I enjoy this one the most because of the dynamic, the people, and many other reasons. With the exception of Oracle/Mike, I don't know any of the other people mentioned; and I've met Mike a handful of times at the track, spoke with him in person a couple of times, and that's about it. Simply put, eveyrone is who they are -- you may like them or not. They may land with you a certain way and that will cause you to react a certain way. I think we all know that's life.

So, without question, it is Steve's perogative and duty to suspend, ban, whatever, any members who he feels are infringing upon the standards he is looking to maintain. And, of course, not everyone will agree with him. It's a totally different issue as to whether or not it is appropriate to question him in a public forum or in some other fashion. Personally, I don't think it is. If I had that much of an interest or concern, I would e-mail him and discuss it in private.

In addition, I don't think an incident like this should be used as an opportunity to open the door to or start other attacks. My opinion is that if you don't like someone, their opinions, comments, etc. -- and you don't want to comment in a civil fashion or the like -- simply move on to the next thread.

Eric
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA
Obviously, we all understand the dynamic of a BB. We have a great forum here and a host that is looking to maintain a standard of behavior and decorum -- and not only should Steve be doing that, but I feel he is doing a great job. I know if several BB's and I enjoy this one the most because of the dynamic, the people, and many other reasons. With the exception of Oracle/Mike, I don't know any of the other people mentioned; and I've met Mike a handful of times at the track, spoke with him in person a couple of times, and that's about it. Simply put, eveyrone is who they are -- you may like them or not. They may land with you a certain way and that will cause you to react a certain way. I think we all know that's life.

So, without question, it is Steve's perogative and duty to suspend, ban, whatever, any members who he feels are infringing upon the standards he is looking to maintain. And, of course, not everyone will agree with him. It's a totally different issue as to whether or not it is appropriate to question him in a public forum or in some other fashion. Personally, I don't think it is. If I had that much of an interest or concern, I would e-mail him and discuss it in private.

In addition, I don't think an incident like this should be used as an opportunity to open the door to or start other attacks. My opinion is that if you don't like someone, their opinions, comments, etc. -- and you don't want to comment in a civil fashion or the like -- simply move on to the next thread.

Eric
Eric, if you ever decide to run for elected office let me know so I can vote for you
Well said.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
Eric, if you ever decide to run for elected office let me know so I can vote for you
Well said.
If I ever decide to run for elected office, please do me a favor and shoot me! LOL.

Thanks.

Eric
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
I guess we'd be good to go then... I know how to park a vehicle.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
The Curragh

I love you cajun, and im none too pleased with the way Daytona went down
Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Del Mar

You really cant blame people for missing a guy like Mike. While his personality probably doesnt gel with a lot of people, he went out of his way to give information out about this sport that you really need to be in the biz to know and gave info about horses he very well should have kept to himself. Communicating with him on email is better for me personally. So because of that, I dont really care if he posts here or not.

As for Balleto, is she real or not? I have heard shes a guy imitating a very attractive girl. Is this true?