Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2006, 01:09 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan
I am not going to disagree they may have trained differently. I will tell you that at the end, ST was all out to hold on and SK was just getting into gear. I am not saying some horse beaten 5 lengths would get him at a longer distance. I am telling you if the race were one more hop ST likely loses, becasue he was gased. I hope Dutrow can do it. I root for people not against them. But I do call the races as I see them.
Well as you see them doesnt impress me much. The pace was wicked, scorching, and brutal. And ST cut it and pushed it the whole way and still helf off SK who had an ideal trip with that pace setting up his late run. Of the two, there is no doubt who ran the better race, ST. Not just because he won, but because he had to use so much energy in the wicked pace while the other was loping along.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Narragansett Park

I can't say I disagree. I bet you Dutrow would say he might have left him a little short for the mile and Sun King's trainer wished the jock had moved sooner. I think they are both good horses. I think you are on the money about one thing, SK needs pace. But then Motion showed us all how easy that is to get.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I can't say I disagree. I bet you Dutrow would say he might have left him a little short for the mile and Sun King's trainer wished the jock had moved sooner. I think they are both good horses. I think you are on the money about one thing, SK needs pace. But then Motion showed us all how easy that is to get.
The Maryland horsie set cracks me up with their arrogance. Dutrow uses two rabbits last fall in the Woodward and he gets condemned. Motion does it all the time and hes smart. LOL!!!!!!!! Whata crock.
Im my opinion both are smart, if its within the rules, you use it to your advantage if you can.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Morris Park

By the way I think we should all acknowledge the wonderful ride Prado gave Silver Train yesterday, wow. Thats why hes the best out there in big races.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Narragansett Park

I never condemned Dutrow or Motion. I agree use it. I just stated one guy who uses it all the time.

The basic point, for you Oracle since you seemed to have missed it, was that while you pointed out SK needing pace as some sort of flaw, I proved it wasn't with facts and data. Motion, among others, just buy pace. FACT!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:05 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I never condemned Dutrow or Motion. I agree use it. I just stated one guy who uses it all the time.

The basic point, for you Oracle since you seemed to have missed it, was that while you pointed out SK needing pace as some sort of flaw, I proved it wasn't with facts and data. Motion, among others, just buy pace. FACT!
Well yeah I think thats a given. I have no problem with what he does, it makes damn good sense to me!!!! But I mean, how much faster could they have gone yesterday?!!!!!!! You think there are rabbits out ther for sale who can keep up with Silver Train and mass media as they merrily blaze along?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Narragansett Park

For 4f .....Yes. Beyond that....probably not ones you want to wastes races on setting pace.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
For 4f .....Yes. Beyond that....probably not ones you want to wastes races on setting pace.
I dunno... that was a pretty quick pace they had going.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Narragansett Park

Could've gotten a filly outta the third the same day for $25k who probably could have kept up for 4f.

Last edited by Thoroughbred Fan : 05-30-2006 at 02:22 PM.