Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Saratoga

Default Biancone - Oracle

I respectfully request that you call Biacone ASAP and tell him that he has a MONSTER TURF HORSE in Cosmonaut and to give up on friggin dirt.

It is driving me nuts what he is doing to this horse. I HONESTLY believe that this horse is a Grade 2 winner at 9 furlongs on the turf.......
Old 05-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Saratoga

Default Furthermore

Call your boy Dutrow and to lay off the champagne after races with this comment

"Dutrow said he may try to stretch Silver Train out to 1 1/4 miles in the Grade 1, $400,000 Suburban Handicap here on July 1."

WAY AGGRESSIVE...If anyone can do it, Dutrow can, but that horse wants no part of 9 furlongs, let alone 10...IMO
Old 05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Default Biancone

Biancone is my favorite trainer by far. Why did they take Angara away from him? Did the new owner just prefer Mott?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Saratoga

I didn't even notice that when she ran the other day. Maybe that is why she finished 3rd and not 2nd or 1st.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:51 AM
oracle80

Wink Lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Call your boy Dutrow and to lay off the champagne after races with this comment

"Dutrow said he may try to stretch Silver Train out to 1 1/4 miles in the Grade 1, $400,000 Suburban Handicap here on July 1."

WAY AGGRESSIVE...If anyone can do it, Dutrow can, but that horse wants no part of 9 furlongs, let alone 10...IMO

Champagne? Oh thats not the problem.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Saratoga

Seriously, you need to call Biacone and tell him to get his head examined. The guy is a great trainer, what is he missing that this Cosmonaut horse excels on the turf?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Morris Park

Default Scavs

Did you cash on Morgan's Bailey saturday at Pimlico, nice effort made it look easy at the end.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:48 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Seriously, you need to call Biacone and tell him to get his head examined. The guy is a great trainer, what is he missing that this Cosmonaut horse excels on the turf?
I only know Patrick to say hi to. hes always been very nice to me. he can be seen up here from April until late October on the Oklahoma track driving around in his famous golf cart while talking on a walkie talkie and cell phone at the same time he chain smokes a carton a day. Hes a hell of a character and a hell of a nice guy.
Carlos martin used to train Cosmonaut and we made a hell of a score bettinghim when he broke his maiden at Saratoga last year. Carlos swore he would win his next start on dirt and said he trained better on the dirt than on the turf. He was eased in that start.
MR Lizza(Flying Zee stable) gave him to Biancone to train over the winter as there was no grass racing in NY. Funny thing happened, Biancone entered him in a grass race at bay Meadows that got rained off and he had already shipped him all the way over there from SA and decided to run him. The result was a stunningly good win.
That track was quite hard that day, and i suspect that the horse is quirky on dirt and only wants to run on certain dirt surfaces.
Patrick is a brilliant guy and has trained a HOY and champions on different continents. He doesn't need advice from me or you, trust me.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Saratoga

I had him that day at Toga also, he was explosive. I think you might be right about the quirkyness, but that track at Bay Meadows that day was sloppy, which some turfers and Lemon Drop Kid's progeny like alot.

Hopefully Martin gets him back for Toga so he can win three in a row, rising in class each time and we get 5/1 each time also....that is the ideal plan
Old 05-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpBurns
Did you cash on Morgan's Bailey saturday at Pimlico, nice effort made it look easy at the end.
I had $20 on it, got my c-note and then proceeded to piss it away at Arlington
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 AM
oracle80

Quote:
I had $20 on it, got my c-note and then proceeded to piss it away at Arlington
Thats our boy!!!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Morris Park

Yeah I did the same thing hit the exacta and triple pissed it away was taking a bath after that all weekend and then hit a $20 exacta box on Silver Train and Sun King got back $484 so I made some of my money back.