Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Steve Byk

Default 5/23 ATR: Don't miss Gary Stevens & Mig talking Belmont..

Don't miss Wednesday ATR highlight of Gary Stevens on his Belmont Stakes wins and Triple Crown loss, then joined by Rich Migliore to explain navigating the 'Test of the Champion'. Hour 3 (11:35-11:55).

Plus, Seth Merrow, Satish Sanan & Steve Davidowitz...

Archive direct link: http://tinyurl.com/75p4jm4

Thursday 6-9a on Sirius 93, XM 209, Capital Off-Track Betting TV 12.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Louisiana Downs

Instant Best of!

Thanks Steve!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Yearling

I had the pleasure of listening to that live for a change.

Great segment. Keep it up.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbid09 View Post
Instant Best of! Thanks Steve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Boy View Post
I had the pleasure of listening to that live for a change. Great segment. Keep it up.
Thx a lot! Those are the best moments. Happened spontaneously having Stevens and then Mig calling in...

Had similar piece today with Nick Zito calling in to respond to comments from 'Sal in Buffalo'. We then got to revisit Birdstone catching Smarty.

Should be a great couple of weeks with lots of these kind of segments.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Oriental Park

Steve,
You mentioned the transcript from night school from Tuesday. I can only find the link to the audio, can you link the transcript portion. Thank you.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Steve,
You mentioned the transcript from night school from Tuesday. I can only find the link to the audio, can you link the transcript portion. Thank you.
http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.ph...400/height=850
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Thx a lot! Those are the best moments. Happened spontaneously having Stevens and then Mig calling in...

Had similar piece today with Nick Zito calling in to respond to comments from 'Sal in Buffalo'. We then got to revisit Birdstone catching Smarty.

Should be a great couple of weeks with lots of these kind of segments.
That was a terrific interview with Mig and Gary, Steve. Mig's always a pleasure and to have these two guys talking with all their insights, well, it was a real pleasure to listen to. Just guessing but this is gonna be a Best Of segment right?

My head nearly exploded listening to Sal. The straw that nearly broke the camel's back there was when he tried to swear up and down to Haskin that War Emblem didn't race in the Classic. I've yelled at the tv fairly recently but at a podcast? It's been awhile. I don't get why people call in to basically declare their thoughts (no question to ask, really) without knowing what they heck they're talking about as it regards something so specific like race records and strength of the breed. You're going to need stats for things like that if you're going to call up and challenge Steve Haskin. Haskin's got a catalog of things in his brain and has forgotten more than Sal knows, so if Sal's gonna pull that, have citations. Particularly if you're gonna stumble over a fact about the actual horse Citation. Ironic much?

I love when you get the 'I'm fed up with moronic or unfair statements' tone in your voice. Sal interrupted right before I get my Byk rant about, I think, the alleged fragility of the modern TB. That just made me madder. I thoroughly enjoy the venting and was hoping for a doozy. Not cool, Sal, not cool. I'm about to listen to the Zito interview segment. I suspect I'll find it pretty cathartic.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Louisiana Downs

The Zito Segment was great too! Another best of in my opinion!

It's been a particularly fun week on your show Steve. You can really feel the excitement and energy in everyones voice.