Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Louisiana Downs

Default Help! Anyone have the 2007 Preakness Stakes ATRAB Recap Show?

I would love to hear the recap show of the 2007 Preakness Stakes! The show would have broadcast on May 21st, 2007!

Anybody? I would really appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Steve Byk

That show may be on CD only right now. Will take some research.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Louisiana Downs

I would be eternally grateful If you could look. I'm new to racing and I recently saw curlins race and am so curious to hear what you experts had to say. It would really mean a lot. I hope to hear back from you.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Sam Houston

Smartbid - Another good archive to pull up in preakness lore is the 2009 and lead up shows. I remember there was some interesting conversation around Rachel Alexandra as that was right after Jess Jackon had bought her and we all know the great display she put on in the actual race. I remember someone on that day saying when entries were drawn that Jess Jackson should go up to the board with a ruler and draw a line through her name. It's a good thing he ran her for the fans and she produced the way that she did. Some interesting commentary tho around that ATR surrounding the preakness if your interested.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by welltakethat View Post
Smartbid - Another good archive to pull up in preakness lore is the 2009 and lead up shows. I remember there was some interesting conversation around Rachel Alexandra as that was right after Jess Jackon had bought her and we all know the great display she put on in the actual race. I remember someone on that day saying when entries were drawn that Jess Jackson should go up to the board with a ruler and draw a line through her name. It's a good thing he ran her for the fans and she produced the way that she did. Some interesting commentary tho around that ATR surrounding the preakness if your interested.

Hey welltakethat. I would love to hear this! Would you by any chance have those broadcasts to upload for me?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Sam Houston

Its in the archives on the website in May 2009. I couldn't get it to work on my pc, not sure if it was on my side or it was no longer load on the atr site. Maybe they could restore it, you'd want the one when entries were draw which is Wednesday if I remember correctly.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Steve Byk

Archives are down right now as KC installs the new computer. He will load the last 2 weeks of shows first for podcast delivery before transfering the older archives. We have at least the last 4 years stored, but only the previous 6 months are kept available at any point. I would ultimately like to get an intern to organize the complete files.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Archives are down right now as KC installs the new computer. He will load the last 2 weeks of shows first for podcast delivery before transfering the older archives. We have at least the last 4 years stored, but only the previous 6 months are kept available at any point. I would ultimately like to get an intern to organize the complete files.
so does this mean I'm out of luck on getting to hear the 2007 Post preakness show steve...
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbid09 View Post
so does this mean I'm out of luck on getting to hear the 2007 Post preakness show steve...
No. The rebuilding of the storage is unrelated to finding '07 content..