Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Good forTB to get a win and better for Chicago to get the split. Pretty even game with a weak Crawford goal the winner. Triplets showed up but not sure what's up with Bishop....wish he had stayed in....it would be 2-0
That's mighty sporting of you. "I wish the crippled goalie wasn't allowed to be replaced because we got completely stoned by a backup"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
That's mighty sporting of you. "I wish the crippled goalie wasn't allowed to be replaced because we got completely stoned by a backup"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Umm...not quite....more that a healthy Bishop would have sent the game to OT...you can't seriously thought I wanted a gimp to stay in?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Umm...not quite....more that a healthy Bishop would have sent the game to OT...you can't seriously thought I wanted a gimp to stay in?
Bob - The guy was completely off his game. He was replaced twice. So I don't know where you get that from. Crawford was way shakier than Bishop was, with whatever was wrong with him. Oh, and an ice cold backup came in and completely blanked you while spending most of his time out manned. If that doesn't concern the hell out of you, you're not being honest with yourself.

Also - before the LoCT (Legion of ChicagoTards) - start foaming at the mouth and banging into walls without their helmets on, cuz "now they have ta come to OUR building" - like it's made out of Kryptonite or something..bear in mind that the Lightning have already traveled to three of the most storied venues in the NHL this playoff season -

The Joe
Bell Center
Madison Square Garden

Their playoff road record? 8-3

In other words, your building doesn't mean jackshit - in fact, it fires them up. It's not a good thing for you.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Hialeah Park

I'm not sure where I introduced the home ice "disadvantage" the Hawks have suddenly, but you beat a so so Detroit team at the "Joe" and forget about the Caps, but have you been to a game at the "Gawden"?........I've been to louder funerals.

And looking forward to the Legion of Lightning...oh...that's LOL fans...oops...fan to show up....that Greyhound schedule is a bitch...
Old 06-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Bob - The guy was completely off his game. He was replaced twice. So I don't know where you get that from. Crawford was way shakier than Bishop was, with whatever was wrong with him. Oh, and an ice cold backup came in and completely blanked you while spending most of his time out manned. If that doesn't concern the hell out of you, you're not being honest with yourself.

Also - before the LoCT (Legion of ChicagoTards) - start foaming at the mouth and banging into walls without their helmets on, cuz "now they have ta come to OUR building" - like it's made out of Kryptonite or something..bear in mind that the Lightning have already traveled to three of the most storied venues in the NHL this playoff season -

The Joe
Bell Center
Madison Square Garden

Their playoff road record? 8-3

In other words, your building doesn't mean jackshit - in fact, it fires them up. It's not a good thing for you.
regardless of how it turns out, i gotta say i love phil esposito. have had the good fortune to talk to him a couple times, and he's just awesome during games on the radio. he's my favorite to listen to when a game is on.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:24 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
I'm not sure where I introduced the home ice "disadvantage" the Hawks have suddenly, but you beat a so so Detroit team at the "Joe" and forget about the Caps, but have you been to a game at the "Gawden"?........I've been to louder funerals.

And looking forward to the Legion of Lightning...oh...that's LOL fans...oops...fan to show up....that Greyhound schedule is a bitch...
lol bob..riding the 'hound' lightning get a reality check tonite..
Old 06-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
It's simple, we call out pussies when we see them. I think you'll be surprised with the Chicago presence despite your 'policies'.

BTW your seats on the glass are going for $5K a pop. Here in Chicago they're $15K a pop. So a Chicago fan can spend a thousand on flight, hotel and food and save $9K by sitting in Tampa or better yet $18K for 2 games.

#Getsomefans
If I had spent 15K to watch that abortion I'd be

I'd also need to have my head examined. Thankfully I'd have ObamaCare cover it so I'd have 15K to watch the next ass-whooping

LOLOLOLOL
Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
lol bob..riding the 'hound' lightning get an affirmation check tonite..
FTFY Matt...
Old 06-11-2015, 01:25 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
FTFY Matt...
will see how it goes now
Old 06-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
will see how it goes now
We're not winning the Cup with Vasilevskiy. It's an unfortunate truth.

You should have had at least 4 goals (on 19 shots), but the horseshoe finally fell out of his ass when he let in the winner.

I thought the Lightning thoroughly outplayed the Blackhawks again. The goalie's were the difference - Crawford stood on his head, the Lightning peppered him all night (not real quality shots mostly, but made him work) while the Blackhawks had quality shots that went off the posts or went wide. Vas was beaten any number of times last night, and it finally caught up with him.

Once again, Coop waits until less than two minutes to pull him, all the while the Lightning had full puck control in the offensive zone - once we had 6 on 5, we swarmed mercilessly - a few more ticks could very well have been the equalizer.

Hopefully we get Bish back for the rest of the Finals.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Hialeah Park

He waited until 1:29 and TB had already puck possession prior before pulling....way too long. If you add up the combined posts and missed open nets by both teams it would be a large number.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
We're not winning the Cup with Vasilevskiy. It's an unfortunate truth.

You should have had at least 4 goals (on 19 shots), but the horseshoe finally fell out of his ass when he let in the winner.

I thought the Lightning thoroughly outplayed the Blackhawks again. The goalie's were the difference - Crawford stood on his head, the Lightning peppered him all night (not real quality shots mostly, but made him work) while the Blackhawks had quality shots that went off the posts or went wide. Vas was beaten any number of times last night, and it finally caught up with him.

Once again, Coop waits until less than two minutes to pull him, all the while the Lightning had full puck control in the offensive zone - once we had 6 on 5, we swarmed mercilessly - a few more ticks could very well have been the equalizer.

Hopefully we get Bish back for the rest of the Finals.
i think overall it was a see-saw game, with the momentum shifting for chunks at a time. Thoroughly out played them? no way.
every goal in the game was sloppy, and for the most part that's gonna favor the hawks, Kilorn's goal was essentially an empty netter.

Vaseline, looked like it was his first SC start which you really can't do much about, he was thrown to the wolves. The Hawks made horrible shot selections choosing to deke more, he was giving rebounds like a pogo stick, and if he plays again i'm sure they'll worry about putting more rubber on net.

but how much blame can you put on your goalie, ANY goalie, for only giving up 2 goals to a team like the hawks? the dude can't block shots and score for them, Stamkos has been a ghost, que empty net shank in the final seconds, and though i haven't seen every game, the Hawks seem to have an answer for (IMO) Conn Smythe winner Tyler Johnson

-bt-
Old 06-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Dee Tee Stables

bishop didn't skate this morning.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
i think overall it was a see-saw game, with the momentum shifting for chunks at a time. Thoroughly out played them? no way.
every goal in the game was sloppy, and for the most part that's gonna favor the hawks, Kilorn's goal was essentially an empty netter.

Vaseline, looked like it was his first SC start which you really can't do much about, he was thrown to the wolves. The Hawks made horrible shot selections choosing to deke more, he was giving rebounds like a pogo stick, and if he plays again i'm sure they'll worry about putting more rubber on net.

but how much blame can you put on your goalie, ANY goalie, for only giving up 2 goals to a team like the hawks? the dude can't block shots and score for them, Stamkos has been a ghost, que empty net shank in the final seconds, and though i haven't seen every game, the Hawks seem to have an answer for (IMO) Conn Smythe winner Tyler Johnson

-bt-
Ok Bri, toss the superlative. The Lightning outplayed the Blackhawks. They forced 16 giveaways to Tampa's 5, they owned the neutral zone for most all of the game, they held CHI to 2 (TWO) shots on goal in the first period, and 5 (FIVE) in the third.

That's outplaying a team. Regardless of the final score - I've already acknowledged that Vas is the weak link.

That said, it felt as if they were playing with an overall uneasiness with Vas in goal, and they were definitely playing a more protective brand of hockey than we've seen from them. The Hawks could have easily hung 5 on him that night.

He is maddening to watch - I've seen they guy play like a HOF'er one night, then leak 6 to the Sabers the next - he's good, but inconsistent as hell. If he needs to go tomorrow night, we need his best - an effort like Wednesday will have the Hawks smelling blood.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:52 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Ok Bri, toss the superlative. The Lightning outplayed the Blackhawks. They forced 16 giveaways to Tampa's 5, they owned the neutral zone for most all of the game, they held CHI to 2 (TWO) shots on goal in the first period, and 5 (FIVE) in the third.

That's outplaying a team. Regardless of the final score - I've already acknowledged that Vas is the weak link.

That said, it felt as if they were playing with an overall uneasiness with Vas in goal, and they were definitely playing a more protective brand of hockey than we've seen from them. The Hawks could have easily hung 5 on him that night.

He is maddening to watch - I've seen they guy play like a HOF'er one night, then leak 6 to the Sabers the next - he's good, but inconsistent as hell. If he needs to go tomorrow night, we need his best - an effort like Wednesday will have the Hawks smelling blood.
Danno, you realize shots off the iron are not counted as shots on net, right?

either way, the kids should be smelling blood b/c chicago is effectively down to 3.5 defensemen.
Oduya is hurt
Kimmo is lost
TVR is green
Runblad is green
Cuminsky has brain farts all the time

so you're double and triple shifting Keith, Seabrook, and Hjarly.....Crawford is not doing magic tricks in net, there's no reason TB shouldn't have 3 goals a night. At this point in the series, i think it's tail of a team who has been there done that and knows how to handle adversity, vs a team a very young and talented stars, that have never been in this position before.

-bt-
Old 06-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Flemington

Quote:
We're not winning the Cup with Vasilevskiy. It's an unfortunate truth
So now you're making injury excuses?

I thought everyone still playing is banged up one way or another.

Hopefully this gets decided on Wednesday night.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
So now you're making injury excuses?

I thought everyone still playing is banged up one way or another.

Hopefully this gets decided on Wednesday night.
excuses? Not a chance. Fact. Even the lowly Rangers would likely have won a series where they faced a lightly used backup goalie in more than half the games. But you know that Tom
Old 06-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Belmont Park

Bishop skates this morning - status for tonight still unknown

Heading out to one of our "sh1tty beaches" for a sunset watch party

Old 06-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Bishop skates this morning - status for tonight still unknown

Heading out to one of our "sh1tty beaches" for a sunset watch party

Do you bring binoculars or just pretend you can see the puck?

And I'm shocked at how many fans are in Lightening jerseys. LMAO

See in Chicago we have a thing called Sports Bars, all with dozens of TV's, sound and all and almost everyone draped in Hawks attire.

We also have a beautiful lake and beaches but we don't watch our hockey team play there.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Flemington

radio is on the Comets Game
TV is on Stanley Cup
computer on CD
wife knows I'm crazy so its OK