Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Was a great game. Anyone listening to Mike & Mike this morning now knows why they don't cover hockey. Greeny has no clue and Golic is only slightly better.
I cant stand those dolts. Rather watch the weather channel then those too.

That was one hell of a game. How the Rangers pulled it out Ill never know.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I'm biased too, but I think the Rangers have been the better team for the majority of the first two games. If it weren't for Ovechkin's brilliance it would've been two easy wins.

That said, I still see this series going 7. And I'll take Hank in a Game 7 over any goalie in the world.

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i knew sunday night it was over for the caps. you can't take on hank at home in a game 7 and expect good results.

'Anyone listening to Mike & Mike this morning now knows why they don't cover hockey. Greeny has no clue and Golic is only slightly better.'

'I cant stand those dolts. Rather watch the weather channel then those too.'

agree completely. if i want good hockey talk, i listen to nhl radio.

until bill watters comes on-that guys a mush. he picked the jets. than the other day he picked the caps, and i said oh hell.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Flemington

One of the best playoffs series I can ever remember. Dead even. This series was lost in game 5 when the Caps couldn't close the deal. Its unbelieveable how the Rangers just always seem to find a way.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Incredible series. If it were against anyone but us I would've been rooting for the Caps to finally break through. But so glad they didn't. I love this team so freaking much.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Havre de Grace

Default conferencel-schedul-finae--tv-listings

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...031806813.html

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Dee Tee Stables

they were the two best goalies in the playoffs. just an amazing battle. man, i hate we're done.
on the bright side, i don't have to listen to mike milbury any more.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just saw this, love it!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/planned...8261--nhl.html
Old 05-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Del Mar

Tip of the cap to the Rangers. It was an incredible series, i mean seven 1 goal games just could have been more exciting. Outstanding goal tending on both sides. Caps fought the good fight, and i really thought with the pressure that were mounting in the OT they would pull it out, just couldn't get one past the King there. Lots of positives to take from this season, did they blow a 3-1 series lead yes, but was an extremely close series hell yes. It was an exciting run, and i for one am optimistic about next season for the Caps. Especially with the emergence of Holtby, and other younger players as well.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Gulfstream Park

Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
they were the two best goalies in the playoffs. just an amazing battle. man, i hate we're done.
on the bright side, i don't have to listen to mike milbury any more.
Taking nothing at all away from either, Ben Bishop has been standing on his head through both of rounds for Tampa.

The Rangers have no answer for Tampa's speed, and have been owned in the 3 games they have faced each other this season, with Hank looking completely lost, giving up 15 goals in those 3 games.

I'm thrilled they prevailed, as Ovechkin is simply inhuman, and the Capitals are much bigger and physical. As a Lightning fan, the last team I wanted to see was the Capitals.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Taking nothing at all away from either, Ben Bishop has been standing on his head through both of rounds for Tampa.

The Rangers have no answer for Tampa's speed, and have been owned in the 3 games they have faced each other this season, with Hank looking completely lost, giving up 15 goals in those 3 games.

I'm thrilled they prevailed, as Ovechkin is simply inhuman, and the Capitals are much bigger and physical. As a Lightning fan, the last team I wanted to see was the Capitals.
Your boys are going down Dan!!! Rangers year
Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Your boys are going down Dan!!! Rangers year
Hahaha - Good Luck Tom! Lightning in 5

In all seriousness, should be a really good series - looking forward to it!

Unfortunately Game 1 is going to preempt the Preakness card
Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

oh yeah, props to bishop. I just know what the postseason stats were so far.

I think tampa will win vs the rangers. it's funny, I've gotten every series except caps/rangers correct!
I'm telling you, it's watters fault. he mushed the penguins last year. I was listening on a Friday afternoon, the pens were up 3 to 1. Laughlin asked him 'do the rangers have a chance to come back?'.
bill said not a chance, no way. and of course we all know what happened...

I think the caps have built a very nice team. a few tweaks, I figure kuznetzov will only improve, burakovsky as well. hate fehr was out until game 7 after getting hurt vs the isles, he really blossomed after the move.
I fully expect mike green to move on. and after getting the second penalty right on the heels of his first, which led to the tying goal, I'm ready for him to go. orlov will be back healthy after missing this year until going to the ahl late.
one I'm thinking may not be back...big bad john. Erskine had neck surgery, been out all year. he's a ufa this summer.

ducks vs chi....ought to be a hell of a series.
I just hate the caps lost. man.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Flemington

Quote:

They haven't played since December. Rangers fans like to joke that Islander fans celebrated winning the cup that month. Things have changed since then.

That being said, Tampa is an incredibly tough match-up for them. I honestly don't think that Bishop (as good as he's been) can't be any better than Holtby or Fleury were in the first two rounds. I'm holding out hope that Bishop has a couple more softies in him, that he gave up in the first two rounds as well.

I'm expecting a great series, keys for the Rangers would be getting a few goals from the power play and getting anything from St. Louis who has been dreadful. Also Zuccs coming back would be a tremendous upgrade (but who knows). But in the end, it'll most likely come down to whoever is better Hank or Bishop.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:03 AM
The Curragh

TB's back line is suspect, and the RAGS back line is old......i don't think we're gonna see too many low scoring games, regardless who's in net.

anyone seen rick nash or st. louis?

-bt-
Old 05-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
TB's back line is suspect, and the RAGS back line is old......i don't think we're gonna see too many low scoring games, regardless who's in net.

anyone seen rick nash or st. louis?

-bt-
Nash getting a bum rap, he's gotten points and has played well. On the other hand, I saw Marty on a milk carton the other day.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

In 2014. In case you haven't noticed, this is a much different Ranger team.

The idea that you wanted to play us over a two-line Capitals team is ... interesting.

Rangers have no answer for Tampa's speed. That's rich.

I'm expecting another hard-fought series and have said all along the Lightning are the team that scares me the most in the East, but wow, that's a lot of hubris wishing to face a 113-point team with the best goalie in the world. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:41 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
In 2014. In case you haven't noticed, this is a much different Ranger team.

The idea that you wanted to play us over a two-line Capitals team is ... interesting.

Rangers have no answer for Tampa's speed. That's rich.

I'm expecting another hard-fought series and have said all along the Lightning are the team that scares me the most in the East, but wow, that's a lot of hubris wishing to face a 113-point team with the best goalie in the world. Good luck.
Nailed it.

There is no faster person in the league (the world) than Hagelin, no one on Tampa is faster than Krieder even. Speed is not the worry, only Bishop can beat this team.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Nailed it.

There is no faster person in the league (the world) than Hagelin, no one on Tampa is faster than Krieder even. Speed is not the worry, only Bishop can beat this team.
WOW

-bt-