Sacramento Kings 31
Milwaukee Bucks 29
Boston Celtics 27½
Charlotte Bobcats 26
Utah Jazz 25
Orlando Magic 24
Phoenix Suns 21
Philadelphia 76ers 17

Some low expectations for the Celtics, Lakers and Jazz...a bit more optimistic when it comes to the Wizards, Cavs, Pistons, Pelicans and T-Wolves.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Miami Heat 61½
Los Angeles Clippers 57
Chicago Bulls 56½
San Antonio Spurs 55½
Houston Rockets 54½
Indiana Pacers 54½
Brooklyn Nets 52½
Golden State Warriors 51½
Oklahoma City Thunder 51½
Memphis Grizzlies 50½
New York Knicks 49½
Denver Nuggets 46
Dallas Mavericks 43½
Minnesota Timberwolves 41
Cleveland Cavaliers 40
Detroit Pistons 40
Atlanta Hawks 39½
New Orleans Pelicans 39
Washington Wizards 39
Portland Trail Blazers 38½
Los Angeles Lakers 36½
Toronto Raptors 35½
Sacramento Kings 31
Milwaukee Bucks 29
Boston Celtics 27½
Charlotte Bobcats 26
Utah Jazz 25
Orlando Magic 24
Phoenix Suns 21
Philadelphia 76ers 17

Some low expectations for the Celtics, Lakers and Jazz...a bit more optimistic when it comes to the Wizards, Cavs, Pistons, Pelicans and T-Wolves.
Houston under
Golden State under
Memphis over
Denver under
Atlanta over
Portlnd over
And amazingly enough Philly under. They may not win 12 games. I believe they are the worst NBA team I can remember. With their current roster they wouldn't even be the favs to win the NBA summer league title.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Flemington

Ill have my NBA thoughts tonight.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Randwyck

Good stuff Chuck. I remember you coming up big with your NBA O/U's a season or two back...going something like 5-0. Love seeing over on the Blazers...I think they make the playoffs this year as a 7th or 8th seed with a much improved bench. I like what Olshey is doing out there.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Knicks under
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Miami Heat 61½
Los Angeles Clippers 57
Chicago Bulls 56½
San Antonio Spurs 55½
Houston Rockets 54½
Indiana Pacers 54½
Brooklyn Nets 52½
Golden State Warriors 51½
Oklahoma City Thunder 51½
Memphis Grizzlies 50½
New York Knicks 49½
Denver Nuggets 46
Dallas Mavericks 43½
Minnesota Timberwolves 41
Cleveland Cavaliers 40
Detroit Pistons 40
Atlanta Hawks 39½
New Orleans Pelicans 39
Washington Wizards 39
Portland Trail Blazers 38½
Los Angeles Lakers 36½
Toronto Raptors 35½
Sacramento Kings 31
Milwaukee Bucks 29
Boston Celtics 27½
Charlotte Bobcats 26
Utah Jazz 25
Orlando Magic 24
Phoenix Suns 21
Philadelphia 76ers 17

#winlessforwiggins

We'll find a way to phuck it up. We'll string about 4-5 late season wins together to prevent us from the top pick. Just wait and see.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
#winlessforwiggins

We'll find a way to phuck it up. We'll string about 4-5 late season wins together to prevent us from the top pick. Just wait and see.
You don't even want Wiggins. Okafor looks the real deal.

56.5 for the Bulls seems low if you ask me, so I would go over on that.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Good stuff Chuck. I remember you coming up big with your NBA O/U's a season or two back...going something like 5-0. Love seeing over on the Blazers...I think they make the playoffs this year as a 7th or 8th seed with a much improved bench. I like what Olshey is doing out there.
Portland is a little banged up and will be less than full strength for the beginning of the season which is probably why the total is low but a few of the west teams clearly are down and the blazers have a pretty good core of players (Aldridge, Batum, Lillard, Lopez) and vets looking for one more contract (Mo Williams, Wes Mathews, Dorell Wright) and a couple of potential emerging role players (Robinson, Leonard, injured rookie McCollum, Crabbe) and should be a .500 team or a touch better if the small ball works.

Love to see a Aldridge, Batum, Lillard, McCollum, and Mathews/Williams/Crabbe small ball unit for a few minutes a game.

Houston is going to be good but they have to figure out to play Asik and Howard together and figure out the guard rotation. I figure they blow a couple games early in the season and finish strong.

Golden State's total depends a great deal on the health of Curry's ankle Bogut and the likelihood of them staying healthy all year is not strong. AI is a great pickup as he can give them what Jack gave them and he is a plus defender which helps. But I think the loss of Landry will hurt the bench and they aren't sneaking up on anyone anymore.

I don't see why Memphis won't win 55 games. Picked up shooting in Miller, some more size in Koufos, and get a full season of Prince and Ed Davis. None of these are earth shattering moves but add to an already established, solid playoff contender in a weakened West.

I'm not exactly sure what the plan in Denver is. Don't like the moves they made. They are looking like a terrible defensive team.

I believe Atlanta is going to be OK. Made some low key moves but IMO will be better without Josh Smith.

I'd lean under on Miami simply because they might cruise if home court advantage is wrapped up and lose a few games late. Wade and Allen aren't getting younger and I'm sure Miami will be looking to rest legs for the playoffs.

No opinion on Clippers

Lean over with Bulls. They are going to be really good though health is always a concern.

No opinion on SA or Indy

probably lean under on Brooklyn

No opinion on Knicks, Dallas, MN, Cleveland

Lean under on Detroit though I do kind of like them

New Orleans and Washington are about right.
The Lakers are a mess
I have no feel for Toronto though I do think addition by subtraction is in play with Bargnani leaving. Valanciunas is going surprise a lot of people

Sacramento could win 40 or 20.

Milwaukee has a bizarre group of players.

Think Boston would probably win 30 but can't stomach ever rooting for them regardless of how stripped down the roster is.

Utah has a decent starting group till Burke got hurt but the bench is abysmal

Orlando is not a good team but is putting together decent enough pieces. Love Tobias Harris, Milwaukee really screwed themselves trading him for a few months of JJ Reddick and a blowout in the 1st round of the playoffs. Lori loves Vucevic!

Phoenix is a terrible team. 22 wins is not impossible though

The 76'ers probably did the right thing blowing it up, trading a good but not great Holiday for a potentially top defensive player in Noel and another potential high draft pick in a loaded draft to go along with theirs. Being horrendous allows Carter-Williams and the other rookies and 1st and 2nd year players the freedom to get experience with no expectations. Royce White is a lottery ticket that may hit though his fear of flying makes things a bit difficult. But they will probably play hard and in the NBA that will win you a few games during the long season. But I don't see how they can win 18.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Knicks under
Carmelo couldn't wait to talk about being a free agent could he?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
#winlessforwiggins

There are several really bad NBA teams this year but Philly is easily the worst. They have 1 SF on the roster (Turner) and he isn't really a true SF. Young is really a stretch 4. Kwame Brown, LaVoy Allen and Spencer Hawes will play a lot. They are not NBA starting level players by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem for the Sixers isn't coming in last, they will surely do that. It's that coming in last doesn't assure them of the top pick, the ping pong balls do.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
You don't even want Wiggins. Okafor looks the real deal.

56.5 for the Bulls seems low if you ask me, so I would go over on that.
Okafor isn't eligible for this years draft.

Bulls can easily win 60 but Noah, Deng, Rose health is suspect and they may shut them down a bit at end of the year to rest for playoffs
Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Flemington

The Bulls, IMO, are totally irrelevant. It’s like they don’t exist. Bulls were riding high 2 years ago into the playoffs, then Lebron was put on Rose and he disappeared. Nothing has changed, its Lebrons league. It’s his time.
Chicago is like the Denver or Atlanta or Houston of the NFL. They might win 60 regular season games because they are tough and play good D. But come playoff time its Lebrons world.
Cleveland, Houston and Golden State will all be really good. Houston or Golden State will represent the West in the finals. Detroit will be OK. Atlanta will be horrible. Indiana will be rock solid, they will compete for the 1 seed in the East. Miami will likely get complacent/board. They will be the 2 or 3 seed and win it all again. Very simple really.

Last edited by RockHardTen1985 : 10-17-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Carmelo couldn't wait to talk about being a free agent could he?
Carmelo will never win a title in this league, unless he pairs up with Lebron. He cant be your best player. Hes a gunner nothing more. I take Harden over Melo all day and dont look back.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Okafor isn't eligible for this years draft.

Bulls can easily win 60 but Noah, Deng, Rose health is suspect and they may shut them down a bit at end of the year to rest for playoffs
Forget he was still in high school

Rose health is not suspect, he is fine, media just trying to stir stuff up.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:

So overrated.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
So overrated.
mvp TY..Bank it
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
The Bulls, IMO, are totally irrelevant. It’s like they don’t exist. Bulls were riding high 2 years ago into the playoffs, then Lebron was put on Rose and he disappeared. Nothing has changed, its Lebrons league. It’s his time.
Chicago is like the Denver or Atlanta or Houston of the NFL. They might win 60 regular season games because they are tough and play good D. But come playoff time its Lebrons world.
Cleveland, Houston and Golden State will all be really good. Houston or Golden State will represent the West in the finals. Detroit will be OK. Atlanta will be horrible. Indiana will be rock solid, they will compete for the 1 seed in the East. Miami will likely get complacent/board. They will be the 2 or 3 seed and win it all again. Very simple really.
We would welcome LeBron guarding Rose now. Matter of fact, love it. Since that happened two years ago, Deng and Noah have both improved offensively, and guys like Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson have emerged. I don't know how I feel about Dunleavy yet cause I'm not sure he can play the type of defensive Thibs is gonna ask for.

Bulls, Heat and Pacers will be the top 3 in East, in any order, pretty much dependent on what injuries happen.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
If you will put up daily NBA picks I swear I will quit my day job tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Carmelo will never win a title in this league, unless he pairs up with Lebron. He cant be your best player. Hes a gunner nothing more. I take Harden over Melo all day and dont look back.
He can be your best player if you have complimentary parts around him. The Knicks do not.

Harden isn't exactly Mr Defense either
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

I'd imagine that they wouldnt be playing him 40+ minutes right from the start which can impact the final win total. I saw him embarrass Siva the other day and he looked pretty healthy.