Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
it was a nail biter all night. your goalie is sooo tough to get by. i have great respect for henrik, always said i'd love to have him as goalie. holtby is good, and might have a great career, but there aren't many lundqvists out there.
I actually think that he's been fighting the puck the entire series. That being said he was excellent last night.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Flemington

Hank!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Flemington

Wow!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:12 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Wow!
At least Richards finally got involved tonight, he got in the way of a sure goal late in the 3rd period, blocking a shot by Zuccarello

If this was 30 years ago, the donneybrook at the end of the game would still be going on.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
At least Richards finally got involved tonight, he got in the way of a sure goal late in the 3rd period, blocking a shot by Zuccarello

If this was 30 years ago, the donneybrook at the end of the game would still be going on.
Richards by far was the worst Ranger today. He barely sniffed the ice in the third. If they are going to have any chance tomorrow they need something out of Nash.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Flemington

Two more game 7's tonight.

Jagr looks like me out there. i'll give the edge to the leafs
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post

I think Rask > Reimer. I just can't see the B's losing game 7 at home.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

He was awful in the playoffs last year too. He's fricking old and runs out of gas this time of year.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 AM
The Curragh

not going to blame the refs for the loss, but i mean 0-5 of on the pp vs. 0-0, the blue shirts really selling it out there yesterday. Aside from the over the glass penalties, and maybe the green cross-check (you would have to negate the fact that dorrsett tried to slew foot him though).
captain callaghan really put on a nice performance on that first pentalty, my oh my.
i wouldn't go as far as to say the rags beat the caps, as much as the caps beat the caps, olesky's attempted shot block. Thought it was comical that they tried to GIVE that goal to Nash in house.
Whatever, game 7 tonight, NYR has to come back to DC and i'm hoping Rick Nash’s impeccable playoff streak stays intact, which means he’s NEVER won a playoff series in the NHL.
NYR, or should I say, the Columbus Connection?

FAHK THE RAGS, LETS GO CAPS!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
not going to blame the refs for the loss, but i mean 0-5 of on the pp vs. 0-0, the blue shirts really selling it out there yesterday. Aside from the over the glass penalties, and maybe the green cross-check (you would have to negate the fact that dorrsett tried to slew foot him though).captain callaghan really put on a nice performance on that first pentalty, my oh my.
i wouldn't go as far as to say the rags beat the caps, as much as the caps beat the caps, olesky's attempted shot block. Thought it was comical that they tried to GIVE that goal to Nash in house.
Whatever, game 7 tonight, NYR has to come back to DC and i'm hoping Rick Nash’s impeccable playoff streak stays intact, which means he’s NEVER won a playoff series in the NHL.
NYR, or should I say, the Columbus Connection?

FAHK THE RAGS, LETS GO CAPS!!!!
Seriously, I expect you to know better........

Agreed about Nash, he's done nothing. That being said, the series is still 3-3 despite getting absolutely zero out of him.
As far as I'm concerned, the pressure is on the Caps tonight. Game 7 at home, all the stats favor them. The Columbus connection have nothing to lose tonight, this is a game that all the experts are expecting them to lose.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 AM
The Curragh

[quote=MaTH716;928063]Seriously, I expect you to know better........

Agreed about Nash, he's done nothing. That being said, the series is still 3-3 despite getting absolutely zero out of him.
As far as I'm concerned, the pressure is on the Caps tonight. Game 7 at home, all the stats favor them. The Columbus connection have nothing to lose tonight, this is a game that all the experts are expecting them to lose.[/QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers

you should know better than that, I understand you being a pessimist in this situation, I’m the same way.
But you can’t say this is a game they’re expected to lose. They have $14+ million per year tied up into 2 two players for the next 5 years who have COMBINED for ONE GOAL and ONE ASSIST in this series, TWO TOTAL POINTS!
The only reason the pressure is on for the caps is b/c game 7 is in their barn.
They didn’t bankroll the season at deadline or in the off season like the Rags, Clowe, Brassard, Dorsett, Nash. Let’s put all the cards on the table and call this what it is, if the Rags don’t win this game and go even further in the playoffs, this season is a complete loss, more so than any other team who doesn’t win the cup. You don’t load up to get knocked out in the first round with a roster like that, so I say to you, the pressure is on NY

-bt-
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Flemington

[quote=-BT-;928064]
Quote:
Seriously, I expect you to know better........

As far as I'm concerned, the pressure is on the Caps tonight. Game 7 at home, all the stats favor them. The Columbus connection have nothing to lose tonight, this is a game that all the experts are expecting them to lose.[/QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers

you should know better than that, I understand you being a pessimist in this situation, I’m the same way.
But you can’t say this is a game they’re expected to lose. They have $14+ million per year tied up into 2 two players for the next 5 years who have COMBINED for ONE GOAL and ONE ASSIST in this series, TWO TOTAL POINTS!
The only reason the pressure is on for the caps is b/c game 7 is in their barn.
They didn’t bankroll the season at deadline or in the off season like the Rags, Clowe, Brassard, Dorsett, Nash. Let’s put all the cards on the table and call this what it is, if the Rags don’t win this game and go even further in the playoffs, this season is a complete loss, more so than any other team who doesn’t win the cup. You don’t load up to get knocked out in the first round with a roster like that, so I say to you, the pressure is on NY

-bt-
I'll agree that the season would be a disappointment based on the pre-season expectations. Realistically though this was a team that was pretty bad at times during the season and needed a late run just to qualify for the playoffs. Nash has been a disappointment for me, no arguments, but he had been shadowed everywhere (ala Ovechkin). Richards has been an absolute failure all season and I expect him to be bought out at the end of the year (barring some miraculous turn around).

As far as loading up at the deadline:
Although the Gabby trade has helped them out in the short term immensely, this was a move for the future. Three players that fit three different needs for the team all under 26 years old.
The Clowe deal (possible rental player) was the so-called "playoff push" move and he's been hurt.
So I disagree with your bankroll statement. They gave up a few picks for Clowe and traded a 31 year old scorer who was going in to the last year of his contract that all of a sudden didn't fit in to the scheme that the current (God knows for how long) coach employs. The chatter was that Gabby was going to be traded in the off-season anyway cause they weren't going to end up paying what his probable asking price was going to be after next season.

My stance on this team is the same as it was before the playoffs, nothing would suprise me. When asked about predictions before the playoffs, my answer was, "it wouldn't suprise me if they were swept by the Caps and it wouldn't suprise if they won the Stanley Cup". I feel the same about tonight. The only thing that would suprise me tonight would be the Rangers winning in a blowout (I could see a scenario where the Caps light up the Rangers though). I truthfully expect another 2-1 (possibly OT) nailbiter, with the difference probably being whether the Rangers can finally score on the PP.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
The Curragh

[quote=MaTH716;928065]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post

I'll agree that the season would be a disappointment based on the pre-season expectations. Realistically though this was a team that was pretty bad at times during the season and needed a late run just to qualify for the playoffs. Nash has been a disappointment for me, no arguments, but he had been shadowed everywhere (ala Ovechkin). Richards has been an absolute failure all season and I expect him to be bought out at the end of the year (barring some miraculous turn around).

As far as loading up at the deadline:
Although the Gabby trade has helped them out in the short term immensely, this was a move for the future. Three players that fit three different needs for the team all under 26 years old.
The Clowe deal (possible rental player) was the so-called "playoff push" move and he's been hurt.
So I disagree with your bankroll statement. They gave up a few picks for Clowe and traded a 31 year old scorer who was going in to the last year of his contract that all of a sudden didn't fit in to the scheme that the current (God knows for how long) coach employs. The chatter was that Gabby was going to be traded in the off-season anyway cause they weren't going to end up paying what his probable asking price was going to be after next season.

My stance on this team is the same as it was before the playoffs, nothing would suprise me. When asked about predictions before the playoffs, my answer was, "it wouldn't suprise me if they were swept by the Caps and it wouldn't suprise if they won the Stanley Cup". I feel the same about tonight. The only thing that would suprise me tonight would be the Rangers winning in a blowout (I could see a scenario where the Caps light up the Rangers though). I truthfully expect another 2-1 (possibly OT) nailbiter, with the difference probably being whether the Rangers can finally score on the PP.

Hope you liked the surprise. I sure did.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 AM
Hialeah Park

Wouldn't want to be a Maple Leaf fan about now..ouch..
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
That was amazing.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Gulfstream Park

God I love playoff hockey! I should know by now that if its a game 7 that there will be little sleep for me. Love that 4 of the original 6 are still in it.

Go Wings Go!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
That was amazing.
Hundreds of Bruin's fans who had left begging to be let back in for OT....lol
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post

Hope you liked the surprise. I sure did.
It was nice not having to sit on the end couch biting my nails for the entire evening. As good of a game as I've seen them play in a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
That was a choke job, plain & simple. They are going to be sick in Toronto for a long time over this.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:

They are going to be sick in Toronto for a long time over this.
So true, but they did come a long way just getting this far. Some light at the end of the tunnel? But that said it was almost as big a choke job as Sergio"s "Tin cup" on Sunday.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
It was nice not having to sit on the end couch biting my nails for the entire evening. As good of a game as I've seen them play in a very long time.
I am not going to lie, I was nervous until Callys goal. The blew almost every lead they had in that series. I look forward to Boston now.