Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
6-10 when all is said and done if they are lucky and trust me, I really hope I am wrong.
If this DOES happen, is Rex handed his walking papers? I would think he would be, with a regression to 6-10, 7-9.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
If this DOES happen, is Rex handed his walking papers? I would think he would be, with a regression to 6-10, 7-9.
Absolutely. Rex is a smart football guy does anyone think for 1 second that he wanted to bring in Tebow?

Damar Hamlin
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I doubt it, it seems like Woody Johnson loves Rex. The bigger problem seems to be with their (lack there of) personal. I would think that Tannenbaum's seat could get a little on the warm side if they go 6-10.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Jets are still tied for first place.

They really only have two big problems right now.

#1: The passing game

#2: They are without their clear-cut best player on defense.

Other than that, they're a very strong team as long as they play smart and show effort.

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
or until Sunday whichever comes first.
That was funny.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Probably. I like Rex, but he's part of the problem. Now, they have a lot of injuries, but that was a team that was non competitive on Sunday.

Time to start over.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

That was the worst loss of the Rex era to me. Worse than the 45-3 loss to the Pats. At least that game was on the road against a pissed off team that won 14 games and I didn't feel like the Jets quit at any point, they just got badly outplayed. They quit against the 49ers on Sunday and quit early. They were unbelievably lucky to only be down 10-0 at halftime and yet, they still showed nothing in the 2nd half. And I'm sorry, the 49ers are not as good as everybody says. Their offense is almost as bad as ours, the only difference is Frank Gore instead of Shonn Puke.

Sanchez was terrible, and he's having games like that far too often for a quarterback in his 4th goddamn season. However, this team has a lot of issues that can't all be scapegoated onto the QB. The defense, coached by the self-proclaimed "best defensive coach in football" can't tackle or cover anybody. There's nobody who can get pressure, except maybe Quinton Coples who Rex refuses to play for consecutive snaps for some goddamn reason. There isn't a legitimate starting running back on the team. I'm not one of these people who thinks we don't have enough weapons in the passing game though. Keller is a top 10 TE and has been injured all season. Stephen Hill, for all his drops, has gamebreaking potential and also has been injured for half the season. Kerley is the quintessential slot receiver but can't do it by himself. Obviously the Holmes injury is a backbreaker.

They're gonna lose to the Texans, who were a much superior team even before all these injuries, but I'd at least like to see a little f'ing fight from us on national TV after getting embarrassed like that this past Sunday. The injuries have ruined this season, so that along with his past success gives Rex a pass in my eyes, UNLESS they continue to quit like they did against SF. If Rex can't get his guys to play hard, particularly on defense, I'm through with him.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...es-rest-season

holmes to have surgery, done for the season.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
That was the worst loss of the Rex era to me. Worse than the 45-3 loss to the Pats. At least that game was on the road against a pissed off team that won 14 games and I didn't feel like the Jets quit at any point, they just got badly outplayed. They quit against the 49ers on Sunday and quit early. They were unbelievably lucky to only be down 10-0 at halftime and yet, they still showed nothing in the 2nd half. And I'm sorry, the 49ers are not as good as everybody says. Their offense is almost as bad as ours, the only difference is Frank Gore instead of Shonn Puke.

Sanchez was terrible, and he's having games like that far too often for a quarterback in his 4th goddamn season. However, this team has a lot of issues that can't all be scapegoated onto the QB. The defense, coached by the self-proclaimed "best defensive coach in football" can't tackle or cover anybody. There's nobody who can get pressure, except maybe Quinton Coples who Rex refuses to play for consecutive snaps for some goddamn reason. There isn't a legitimate starting running back on the team. I'm not one of these people who thinks we don't have enough weapons in the passing game though. Keller is a top 10 TE and has been injured all season. Stephen Hill, for all his drops, has gamebreaking potential and also has been injured for half the season. Kerley is the quintessential slot receiver but can't do it by himself. Obviously the Holmes injury is a backbreaker.

They're gonna lose to the Texans, who were a much superior team even before all these injuries, but I'd at least like to see a little f'ing fight from us on national TV after getting embarrassed like that this past Sunday. The injuries have ruined this season, so that along with his past success gives Rex a pass in my eyes, UNLESS they continue to quit like they did against SF. If Rex can't get his guys to play hard, particularly on defense, I'm through with him.
The quitting is what bothers me the most. I was willing to give Rex a pass for the nonsense of last season. But something isn't right in that locker room/clubhouse when guys just give up like that.

And what the hell happened to Shonn Greene?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
And what the hell happened to Shonn Greene?
A few things come to mind: one, he doesn't have the body to be an every down running back. He's small and not in particularly good shape. Not to mention he's impatient as hell and has never in his life waited for a hole to develop. He just plows into the line and hopes for the best. Two, this is not nearly the same run blocking line we had in 2009. Slauson is way inferior to Faneca, Hunter/Howard can't compare to Woody, Brick has never been a good run blocker, so we're left basically with Mangold and Moore to carry the whole line in the run game.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
A few things come to mind: one, he doesn't have the body to be an every down running back. He's small and not in particularly good shape. Not to mention he's impatient as hell and has never in his life waited for a hole to develop. He just plows into the line and hopes for the best. Two, this is not nearly the same run blocking line we had in 2009. Slauson is way inferior to Faneca, Hunter/Howard can't compare to Woody, Brick has never been a good run blocker, so we're left basically with Mangold and Moore to carry the whole line in the run game.
Yeah, a buddy and I were discussing how effective he was behind LT. He's just not a number 1 guy. Unfortunately, they have nothing behind him.

Lots of holes in this team.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Havre de Grace

knowing who stinks, is much more valuable betting information than knowing who is good. Kind of obvious that the Jets stink. From what I've seen of the Lions, they are terrible. They desperately need this bye week. Maybe thye will rebound, but Stafford is a one look guy, it's a wonder they can move the ball. Until he looks off his primary guy and fires a few meaningful passes right in there, they would be a bet against. Last year when the Pats cut that fat lazy slug Albert Haynesworth, and Tampa Bay picked him up and said he would be starting, it was obvious that they were a go against for the rest of the year. So, who else stinks ? any good local info out there ?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM
pointmanscousin

Why is the girl in your avy trying to hold your big belly in?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
pointmanscousin

It's a simple question.

The lightning round is next.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post
Why is the girl in your avy trying to hold your big belly in?

my hot Italian wife is rubbing it for luck. Size does matter

any more questions needledickthebug****er ?

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 10-05-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
my hot Italian wife is rubbing it for luck. Size does matter

any more questions needledickthebug****er ?

Well you certainly are a blowhard.

Anyways, your "wife."

Why?

I think we can rule out "trophy husband" like right ricky ticky.

Not enough detail, but she does seem to have a strokable dupa...not bad from what I can tell.Still....why?

Money?

You don't look nor sound the type.

"Size matters"....is that why she is rubbing your two bagger belly for luck? When will she start catching on?

I still think she's trying to push it back in.Does it make a meep-bwoooooow sound when she does that?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Mortimer Scnerr

Is that the same way you push that fat sow of a wife's belly in when you try to get your little guy in there ? Baltimore fat chicks are about your speed anyway. "Go on beat it ya half a sissy, before I give you a slap." - Joe Pesci as Nicky in Easy Money
Old 10-06-2012, 02:15 PM
pointmanscousin

"Well ya know, on closer inspection of your partners face ....I think ya got yerself a Thai Guy there."-- Clyde Collinwood as Pointmanscousin in 'The Jets".
Old 10-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Arlington Park

http://profootballmock.com/?p=4810
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 AM
pointmanscousin

Awful.