Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Woodbine

I'm having a hard time seeing Mats Sundin in the HOF...I guess he did turn Alexei Ponikarovsky into a 25 goal scorer, but really?
Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

damndamndamn

our loss is calgary's gain, dennis wideman to the flames.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Not a knock, Andreychuck just played freaking forever (or so it seemed). Very Gary Roberts-like.

I hope you're not making an argument that Andreychuck was a better player than Shanahan. Andreychuck needed over 100 more games to net 16 fewer goals. I'm not sure they're even comparable.
I don't argue, I leave that to the the regulars in the Political threads. I was asking a question, because it seemed to me they both played forever. Just throwing another name out that may compare to the guys that got in.

Last edited by Bigsmc : 06-28-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Andreychuck should probably get in someday, but the one spot where I think he fails is that he was never really one of the best players on the ice in any given season. I think that one can say that for Sundin, 100 percent for Bure when he was healthy, and definitely Sakic.

Shanahan had 12 different seasons with 30+ goals and 19 (!!!!) seasons with 20+ goals. Pretty incredible longevity.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Shanny not being elected to the HOF is almost as mind boggling and embarrassing as some of his rulings this past playoff season.
ding ding.... i said he was left off the ballot for how pussified he's making hockey these days.
not sure why people are getting their panties in a bunch, they guy will get in. I have no problem with this years class....if i had to cull one out it would be Sundin

-bt-
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
damndamndamn

our loss is calgary's gain, dennis wideman to the flames.
i would be willing to help him pack. The guy was a defensive liability, and his points, even for a defensemen, didn't reflect his overall game, ala 2 years ago when Jeff Shultz led the world in +/-.

trading picks/players for rights to players you have no intention of signing is like found money IMO... and 5M+ per for that guy is a HUGE over payment, we already have one of those anyways... Mike Green

-bt-