Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default Penn State

Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
The Curragh

Nice knowing you Joe Pa. Oh by the way, when you leave take the university president, athletic director, and the finance VP with you. Diosceces everywhere are rejoicing because the spotlight isn't on them anymore. This is unforgivable if all is true.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Come on. Joe Pa's going nowhere.

They're undefeated in the Big 10 and have a 2-game lead right now.

An appearence in the inaugural confrence championship game is hanging in the balance! They can almost taste it.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Saratoga

4 reasons they won't:

1....Nebraska

2....Ohio State

3....Wisconsin

4....WrongTurno
Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
The Curragh

Does that mean I need to cancel my cub scouts troop visit to the athletic dept. up there at Happy Valley?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

They probably should have just posted signs prohibiting the anal rape of young boys in the shower. I'm sure Coach Sandusky is very embarassed by this regrettable misunderstanding. How in the world was he to know?

We really need to consider the needs of the victim here, Penn State football, and ask that you respect their privacy in this difficult time. Let's certainly not distract them as they are flirting with a Big 10 championship game appearance right now.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
They probably should have just posted signs prohibiting the anal rape of young boys in the shower. I'm sure Coach Sandusky is very embarassed by this regrettable misunderstanding. How in the world was he to know?

We really need to consider the needs of the victim here, Penn State football, and ask that you respect their privacy in this difficult time. Let's certainly not distract them as they are flirting with a Big 10 championship game appearance right now.
Sad, sad, sad...when will folks in position of power realize that under the law, they are not exempt from moral behavior? I will not immediately call for Paterno's head, need to see the facts come out...what did he know, what did he do etc. but I doubt my opinion counts for anything, the lynch mob is forming and Joe's head will fall...hopefully the University President and other bigwigs will likewise be held accountable. It's a sad end for Joe but that pales in comparison to the damage done to the victims...what a world!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Sad, sad, sad...when will folks in position of power realize that under the law, they are not exempt from moral behavior? I will not immediately call for Paterno's head, need to see the facts come out...what did he know, what did he do etc. but I doubt my opinion counts for anything, the lynch mob is forming and Joe's head will fall...hopefully the University President and other bigwigs will likewise be held accountable. It's a sad end for Joe but that pales in comparison to the damage done to the victims...what a world!
Here are the facts.

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.co...resentment.pdf

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I have read the report before, while it details the perversion, it is light on Paterno's actions...I agree he has questions to answer but I stop short of demanding his head as he did report the incident to both the AD and the man charged with running campus police (whom I suspect would have immediate jurisdiction)...there was obviously a coverup, who all it involved is as of yet undetermined. A sad state of affairs to be sure!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
Nice knowing you Joe Pa. Oh by the way, when you leave take the university president, athletic director, and the finance VP with you. Diosceces everywhere are rejoicing because the spotlight isn't on them anymore. This is unforgivable if all is true.
If true? Its 100% true and Joe Pa knew a lot more about it then we are being told right now. Joe Paterno needs to be fired along with EVERYONE ELSE, just like you said.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
The Curragh

Joe Pa why didnt you do more? Its regrettable that he leaves Penn State like this, but like Somer said it pales in comparison to what victims had to go through.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I have read the report before, while it details the perversion, it is light on Paterno's actions...I agree he has questions to answer but I stop short of demanding his head as he did report the incident to both the AD and the man charged with running campus police (whom I suspect would have immediate jurisdiction)...there was obviously a coverup, who all it involved is as of yet undetermined. A sad state of affairs to be sure!
i havent heard many people calling for Joe's head criminally... just that he needs to resign or be kicked out of coaching PSU.

Do you really think reporting this incident and then wiping your hands of it is enough? Morally?

Listen, even if he did everything correct (which I dont think he did, morally) he needs to step down just because he's associated with all this and how horrible of a crime this was that occured in HIS program. He shouldnt even be coaching this upcoming saturday.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Saratoga

Oh just shoot him.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
i havent heard many people calling for Joe's head criminally... just that he needs to resign or be kicked out of coaching PSU.

Do you really think reporting this incident and then wiping your hands of it is enough? Morally?

Listen, even if he did everything correct (which I dont think he did, morally) he needs to step down just because he's associated with all this and how horrible of a crime this was that occured in HIS program. He shouldnt even be coaching this upcoming saturday.

He is a criminal if what they are talking about on ESPN radio today is even 50% true. A former employee saw this scumbag with a 10yr old boy naked in the shower, doing whatever to him. Reported it to Joe Pa and after weeks went by and Joe Pa did nothing the guy who witnessed it quits.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
He is a criminal if what they are talking about on ESPN radio today is even 50% true. A former employee saw this scumbag with a 10yr old boy naked in the shower, doing whatever to him. Reported it to Joe Pa and after weeks went by and Joe Pa did nothing the guy who witnessed it quits.
This is news to me and contrary to the grand jury report. If this the case then of course Joe would be guilty of coverup which the state Attorney General and others have said he is not????
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post

Yes...the AD and the other guy who lied to the grand jury are gone. Graham Spanier (president), Paterno and MIke McQueary are the 3 remaining at minimum who need to go. McQueary is the assistant (former qb) who saw Sandusky raping the child in the shower. He actually saw it (read the grand jury report). No one is calling him out but it starts with him. He is the witness who saw a man raping a child and did not call police. A 28 year old man who saw a major crime being committed and he simply ran to Paterno the next day and told him after talking to his Dad. Paterno told Curley, the AD, and evidently he is the token fall guy here. Spanier, the university president decided simply keeping Sandusky from raping on campus was sufficient response. Sandusky was revered there and most felt him more responsible for the great teams than Joe, and I don't think pedophiles generally advertise the fact that they are what they are. His 2nd mile program was lauded nationally. I honestly don't think people really knew until the late 90s. But they did by then. Paterno did too even before the shower incident McQueary saw. They all need to go though...right now.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Yes...the AD and the other guy who lied to the grand jury are gone. Graham Spanier (president), Paterno and MIke McQueary are the 3 remaining at minimum who need to go. McQueary is the assistant (former qb) who saw Sandusky raping the child in the shower. He actually saw it (read the grand jury report). No one is calling him out but it starts with him. He is the witness who saw a man raping a child and did not call police. A 28 year old man who saw a major crime being committed and he simply ran to Paterno the next day and told him after talking to his Dad. Paterno told Curley, the AD, and evidently he is the token fall guy here. Spanier, the university president decided simply keeping Sandusky from raping on campus was sufficient response. Sandusky was revered there and most felt him more responsible for the great teams than Joe, and I don't think pedophiles generally advertise the fact that they are what they are. His 2nd mile program was lauded nationally. I honestly don't think people really knew until the late 90s. But they did by then. Paterno did too even before the shower incident McQueary saw. They all need to go though...right now.
Curley is not the "token fall guy", he's the POS that covered it up and is now lying about it. It's difficult assessing who deserves what blame and much easier to just say they all f.ucked up and all need to be out immediately and answer to the authorities.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
This is news to me and contrary to the grand jury report. If this the case then of course Joe would be guilty of coverup which the state Attorney General and others have said he is not????
ESPN radio today. A lot of people are saying Joe Pa turned his head to some very serious things. I dont really understand how he has not been fired yet.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Saratoga

I hope Rich Rodriguez is the new coach.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
ESPN radio today. A lot of people are saying Joe Pa turned his head to some very serious things. I dont really understand how he has not been fired yet.
So you are posting gossip, not facts. A lot of people are saying a lot of things. The grand jury report (link posted earlier in a thread here) has the facts as known so far and there is no indication that Paterno knew more than what was reported to him by the grad asst. This is a sorted mess and the truth needs to come out, then blame can be assessed.