Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
The Curragh

Default J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets!!!!!

thank you soooooo much for taking him off the board before mr. snyder could have done something stupid

-bt-
Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Newmarket

Gotta kick out of them showing some Jets fans shaking thier heads don't they know you NEED a quarterback to win in the NFL.....

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 04-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT-
thank you soooooo much for taking him off the board before mr. snyder could have done something stupid

-bt-
Not a Sanchez fan I take it BT? I would have loved he Skins to trade up, but would have preferred a big OL guy! Staying at 13, they get a pass rusher in Brian Orakapo, which is a need filled. Still I hope they address the O-Line, Michael Oher is a great story and would have been nice. He just went to Baltimore, seems like a good pick for the Ravens.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Oaklawn

Agree about Sanchez.

Steelers fan here.

I like what the Bengals did getting a pro sized lineman in the 1st and the linebacker Maugamalu in rnd 2.
The O-lineman looks like he needs some coaching but the bungles actually moved forward.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Flemington

I thought it was a good move for them. As far as picks go, they only lost this year's second. Plus a bunch of guys on the roster that Mangini must of wanted. Didn't seem like a huge price to pay for a potential franchise QB. Now they just have to get someone tomorrow for him to throw the ball to.

I'm the last person in the world to give the Jets any credit, but I really thought that they did a good job today.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT-

-bt-

if only jack kent cooke could have lived forever.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I agree and I think people forget about the Jets record on draft day. It's not been good. They got a guy that has a ton of potential, they have a solid O-line protecting him and they gave up not much.
Mole Mania= Gunna be his fan club's name.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:40 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I agree and I think people forget about the Jets record on draft day. It's not been good. They got a guy that has a ton of potential, they have a solid O-line protecting him and they gave up not much.
I think this is the exact reason why many were skeptical. We shall see.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 AM
The Curragh

BB must have gone sleepless last night as all the Pats got yesterday was 4 second round picks while the Jets got a Sanchez. Let's see how this works out in a few years.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
Agree about Sanchez.

Steelers fan here.

I like what the Bengals did getting a pro sized lineman in the 1st and the linebacker Maugamalu in rnd 2.
The O-lineman looks like he needs some coaching but the bungles actually moved forward.
all of a sudden the laughable Bengal D is appearing legit. I have a feeling Maugamalu will be on the outside since his former teammate will be returning from the broken jaw deliverer by Ward .

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 04-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Hialeah Park

Had it been Eagles fans booing the pick (Sanchez) instead of Jets fans, we'd never hear the end of it. But since it wasnt us, it's not even worth a popcorn fart. Comical.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Had it been Eagles fans booing the pick (Sanchez) instead of Jets fans, we'd never hear the end of it. But since it wasnt us, it's not even worth a popcorn fart. Comical.
I didn't think the Jets (or at least the majority of them) booed Sanchez. Maybe there were a few that were upset, but once the trade was announced, who did they really think the pick was going to be? If they didn't select Sanchez there, they would have needed riot police.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

hes no bret farve..
Old 04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

If we had a ton of picks to begin with, I wouldn't have minded the deal. But we ended up with basically two picks, and Sanchez will have no one to throw the ball to even if he excels this year. We're banking on David Clowney to become a #1/#2? Really? I'm not a big Shonn Greene fan either. I hope I'm wrong about both picks, but right now I feel like the defense will have to be amazing, because there will be no passing game to speak of.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
If we had a ton of picks to begin with, I wouldn't have minded the deal. But we ended up with basically two picks, and Sanchez will have no one to throw the ball to even if he excels this year. We're banking on David Clowney to become a #1/#2? Really? I'm not a big Shonn Greene fan either. I hope I'm wrong about both picks, but right now I feel like the defense will have to be amazing, because there will be no passing game to speak of.
The offseason is far from over and there are wideouts to be had. I can see the Jets putting something together and making a pitch for one of these guys. If the report of them contacting Burress' agent are true, that right there tells you that they are in the market for a bigtime WR.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Plax will look good in green
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
Plax will look good in green
Before or after his stint in orange?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I think the good thing for the Jets/Sanchez is, when they were playing well last year they were doing it with the run. They still have all the proponents of the running game there. So Sanchez won't be needed to come in and have to throw for 350 yards every week. They do need to get him another weapon or two, if for any reason just to keep defenses honest. But I think this is a good situation he is walking in to.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Before or after his stint in orange?
i don't think he will do jail time - it's an opinion , i think the giants were just tired of him , but, i say he gets community service
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Jerome Park

I think Sanchez is the best QB that was drafted... No way would I spend a #1 pick on Stafford. If I were the lions I would have traded down or picked up Sanchez/Smith/Curry.

I get where you are coming from Joey with the no WR's thing.. but you can always pick them up.. Sanchez is IMO a franchise QB who will have an awesome career. He really should not start this year, but knowing how trigger happy teams are these days they will probably throw him in.

The future of the Jets is much better with this guy on your team.