Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Oriental Park

Default Venue for July 13 - Saratoga

As I had previously suggested, this Saturday we are heading to Saratoga for the opening weekend of its elongated meeting. We will be playing the full 11 race card that includes the Grade 3 Sanford and the Grade 1 Diana (also known as the Chad Brown Handicap since he had entered 2/3 of the runners). First post will be at 1:00 PM Eastern.

Entries have been posted. Beginning tomorrow morning, we will be treated to one of the very best horseracing publications, the Saratoga Special, available online on a majority of the racing days, with extra editions for the F-T Sales.
Here's a link to pure enjoyment for every racing fan:
https://thisishorseracing.com/news/i...ti-media/print
Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 AM
Oriental Park

For those of us who can't get to Saratoga to watch the racing and soak up the atmosphere, there will be wall to wall TV coverage this year. Fox Sports and NYRA have teamed up to provide almost daily coverage of the Saratoga races on a program called Saratoga Live. Around here it is available on Fox Sports 2. They promise to provide in depth coverage, much more than just the "who do you like in the 3rd" analysis.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Oriental Park

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yes JB I love it when racing starts at the Spa. The locals call it "The Official start of Summer", not sure about that but I will be envious of all who can attend. It's one of Patty and mine favorite places in the world. I'm watching now on FS2. Great high def picture, vs. TVG and the hosts or analysts are top notch. Another nice change from the usual TVG group. Not that I dislike TVG but Fox Sports is much higher quality all around.

Saratoga and then DelMar . . . GRRRRRRRRRRRate stuff for us racing fans.