Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Steve Byk

Default Weekend Stakes Beyers

CD BC Classic (G1): Blame 111 (A. Stall/G. Gomez)
CD BC Turf (G1): Dangerous Midge 104 (B. Meehan/L. Dettori)
CD BC Mile (G1): Goldikova 106 (F. Head/O. Peslier)
CD BC Juvenile (G1): Uncle Mo 108 (T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez)
CD BC Sprint (G1): Big Drama 108 (D. Fawkes/E. Coa)
CD BC Juvenile Turf (G2): Pluck 86 (T. Pletcher/G. Gomez)
CD BC Turf Sprint (G2): Chamberlain Bridge 100 (W. Calhoun/J. Theriot)
CD BC Dirt Mile (G1): Dakota Phone 104 (J. Hollendorfer/J. Rosario)
CD BC Distaff (G1): Unrivaled Belle 104 (W. Mott/K. Desormeaux)
CD BC Juvenile Fillies (G1): Awesome Feather 86 (S. Gold/J. Sanchez)
CD BC Filly and Mare Turf (G1): Shared Account 96 (H. Motion/E. Prado)
CD BC Juvenile Fillies Turf (G2): More Than Real 89 (T. Pletcher/G. Gomez)
CD BC Filly and Mare Sprint (G1): Dubai Majesty 103 (W. Calhoun/J. Theriot)
CD BC Marathon (G3): Eldaafer 95 (D. Alvarado/J. Velazquez)
CD Ack Ack H (G3): Apart 100 (A. Stall/G. Gomez)
CD Chilukki S (G2): Distinctive Dixie 90 (W. Dollase/R. Albarado)
CD Cardinal H (G3): Askbut I Won'ttell TBD (C. Block S. Bridgmohan)
CD Dream Supreme S: Aegean 93 (W. Ward/J. Rosario)
CD Jimmy V. "Don't Give Up" S: Noble's Promise 102 (K. McPeek/J. Leparoux)

AQU Red Smith H (G2): Grassy 96 (C. Clement/J. Bravo)
AQU Nashua S (G2): To Honor and Serve 97 (W. Mott/J. Lezcano)
AQU Tempted S (G3): Full Moon Blues 80 (T. Tullock/M. Franklin)
AQU Glowing Honor S: Strike the Bell 88 (D. Donk/R. Dominguez)

WO Maple Leaf S: Pachattack 99 (G. Butler/C. Sutherland)
WO Coronation Futurity: Strike Oil 71 (M. Casse/L. Contreras)

HOL Sharp Cat S: May Day Rose TBD(B. Baffert/M. Garcia)
HOL Real Quiet S: Comma to the Top 95 (P. Miller/C. Nakatani)

RP Clever Trevor S: Caleb's Posse TBD (D. Von Hemel Q. Hamilton)

MTH Rutgers S: Soaring Empire 100 (C. Gambolati/P. Fragoso)
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Arlington Park

On 1st review numbers are on the lowish side, Goldikova's especially, this is one of the best milers of all time and 106 just doesn't seem to her justice. Not arguing the accuracy of the number, however this is why I always have a fundamental problem of using beyers as a gauge on the historical impact of a horse. What she did saturday was one of the most dominating performances I have seen at a BC yet.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

NP is going to be a beastly sprinter next year.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Idlewild Airport

Filly and Mare turf turned out to be a Grade 3. Ugh
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 AM
The Curragh

With a decent trip Pluck probably wins by 10 and gets a 100...
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Filly and Mare turf turned out to be a Grade 3. Ugh
Attfield is looking for an ellusive BC, 2nd with With Approval and Play the King, I don't understand why Ave wasn't entered in this field.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
Attfield is looking for an ellusive BC, 2nd with With Approval and Play the King, I don't understand why Ave wasn't entered in this field.
Muzikar said Castellano is committed by a signed contract to ride Flower Bowl winner Ave for trainer Roger Attfield in the Grade 1 Queen Elizabeth Commemorative Cup in Japan on Nov. 14. The race, contested at Kyoto Racecourse, carries a purse of more than $2.1 million.

http://www.drf.com/news/castellano-s...ents-churchill
Old 11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Muzikar said Castellano is committed by a signed contract to ride Flower Bowl winner Ave for trainer Roger Attfield in the Grade 1 Queen Elizabeth Commemorative Cup in Japan on Nov. 14. The race, contested at Kyoto Racecourse, carries a purse of more than $2.1 million.

http://www.drf.com/news/castellano-s...ents-churchill
Nick, you have to think Attfield has some regrets of not pointing her for this race, hindsight is 20/20 but Shared Account is not a horse that Ave should have any trouble with. Javiar deserves any suspension he gets, not the 1st time we have seen this, this guy has to learn his lesson. Pathetic his horse stayed up.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Nick, you have to think Attfield has some regrets of not pointing her for this race, hindsight is 20/20 but Shared Account is not a horse that Ave should have any trouble with. Javiar deserves any suspension he gets, not the 1st time we have seen this, this guy has to learn his lesson. Pathetic his horse stayed up.
Castellano's horse got DQ'd.

Given the way the F/M Turf unfolded, Attfield probably does regret not running Ave. I think the distance was much more up her alley than Miss Keller's. Take nothing away from Shared Account, but she's not much horse and needed a perfect ride and perfect trip to beat Midday, who obviously was not herself.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Castellano's horse got DQ'd.

Given the way the F/M Turf unfolded, Attfield probably does regret not running Ave. I think the distance was much more up her alley than Miss Keller's. Take nothing away from Shared Account, but she's not much horse and needed a perfect ride and perfect trip to beat Midday, who obviously was not herself.
Correct he was dq'd. I don't know why I forgot that. Midday in all the European media outlets was one of the players that was a bet against. Workforce was the other, his scratching probably cost me abit, I loved Dangerous Midge and the way he was coming up to the race, Dettori also kind of went out of his way to say he liked his chances in the interview I saw. Yeah I know he said the same about Delegator, but you kind of saw a sly smile when he was asked about Dangerous Midge.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Correct he was dq'd. I don't know why I forgot that. Midday in all the European media outlets was one of the players that was a bet against. Workforce was the other, his scratching probably cost me abit, I loved Dangerous Midge and the way he was coming up to the race, Dettori also kind of went out of his way to say he liked his chances in the interview I saw. Yeah I know he said the same about Delegator, but you kind of saw a sly smile when he was asked about Dangerous Midge.
OMG

thanks for the laugh
Old 11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
OMG

thanks for the laugh
You don't believe in the kinda sly smile angle??? Clearly that was what won the race for DM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
OMG

thanks for the laugh
You can use whatever info you can get, I know jocks can be full of crap, no one is more sceptical than I am, certainly I am not one of naïveté however when you actually watch an interview and listen to the answers a jock gives, rather than reading quotes in a paper, you can either turn it off and laugh or you can try to decipher through the minutia.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Not according to everything I read and my European friend. Everyone over there thought she couldn't lose. There's one of those every year, and they never win.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
You don't believe in the kinda sly smile angle??? Clearly that was what won the race for DM.
Well I could have said I analyzed his past p's and watched his last race and then made up my mind, but that's what I assumed everyone does around here.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315 View Post
Not according to everything I read and my European friend. Everyone over there thought she couldn't lose. There's one of those every year, and they never win.
I paid attention and I posted it here, that even though she has won on good ground, she is better with a course with some give in it. Yeah she could win, but the questions I heard were at her price she and Workforce were green light situations to take on when the course turned up firm. Obviously Stoute didn't want to risk losing and or a possible injury. Not really a surprise when you see how hard Workforce's stride hits a turf course.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
On 1st review numbers are on the lowish side, Goldikova's especially, this is one of the best milers of all time and 106 just doesn't seem to her justice. Not arguing the accuracy of the number, however this is why I always have a fundamental problem of using beyers as a gauge on the historical impact of a horse. What she did saturday was one of the most dominating performances I have seen at a BC yet.
The Goldi number is right on target based on what the runners had done previously. That said, it's futile to use turf Beyers because of the difficulty of accuracy. I would agree that was one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen- I love her. The number means really nothing. She ran the final 4F in about 46 3/5, around the turn, despite being 4 wide- that is stunning.

Quote:
I agree.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Wait...no ARC?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
The Goldi number is right on target based on what the runners had done previously. That said, it's futile to use turf Beyers because of the difficulty of accuracy. I would agree that was one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen- I love her. The number means really nothing. She ran the final 4F in about 46 3/5, around the turn, despite being 4 wide- that is stunning.

I agree.
The one thing I undestimated about Goldikova and really I should have known better as she had already shown this in one of her races in Europe where she hit the lead far too early but still won, she has one of the longest sustaining kicks on a horse I have ever seen. We saw this on Sat where Dettori floated her out wide, Peslier pushed on her to gain position very early on, then she sustained a 4 f move with an extra gear with a furlong to go. Not too many horses can sustain these type of prolonged moves, what's amazing is I think there was another gear she could have hit if anyone came to her.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Turf Beyers are usually about as useful as tits on a nun, IMO.