Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Keeneland

Default The Saudi Cup

In my opinion the Saudi Cup and its coverage is EVERYTHING wrong with the sport right now wrapped into one.

First this article, where I hope the writer had on knee pads and doesn’t have a gag reflex

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac..._medium=social

You have ABR sending over “correspondents” to cover it and are taking pictures all proud of themselves. Meanwhile women in Saudi Arabia have less rights than dogs here.

But hey...it’s a lifestyle
Old 02-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Fairgrounds

Is that Travis calling the races?? Sounds like him
Old 02-20-2021, 11:00 AM
Fairgrounds

And after one minute of investigation, yes, it is him. Congrats TRAVIS!!!
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...call-saudi-cup
Old 02-20-2021, 11:06 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Post positions

Why can’t these idiots understand that the 1 hoss should be in post position 1. It’s not that tough. Dubai must be the most lucked place ever. No betting ?

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 02-20-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:20 AM
Longchamps

Shame we have to have a solid race like this in that place. With that being said and the American horses most likely the winners the 11 at 40-1 is intriguing. Going to put Tvg money back small wager on him and bet in exacta with knicks go
Old 02-20-2021, 11:33 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Shame we have to have a solid race like this in that place. With that being said and the American horses most likely the winners the 11 at 40-1 is intriguing. Going to put Tvg money back small wager on him and bet in exacta with knicks go
I like that bet. I’m putting maybe $10 or $20 on Max Player and hoping for the best.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:35 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Saudi cup

Tribox and exacta box
4-9-11-13
Old 02-20-2021, 11:38 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I like that bet. I’m putting maybe $10 or $20 on Max Player and hoping for the best.
Good luck Moses
Old 02-20-2021, 11:49 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Good luck Moses
Nice one!
Old 02-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Longchamps

Thanks guys. Only had $10 on it as it was money back race but I’ll take it. Good luck rest of day
Old 02-20-2021, 02:39 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I thought Charlatan ran a pretty decent race today.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-20-2021, 05:06 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Nice Pic!

Great Ride!
Old 02-20-2021, 05:18 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
In my opinion the Saudi Cup and its coverage is EVERYTHING wrong with the sport right now wrapped into one.

First this article, where I hope the writer had on knee pads and doesn’t have a gag reflex

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac..._medium=social

You have ABR sending over “correspondents” to cover it and are taking pictures all proud of themselves. Meanwhile women in Saudi Arabia have less rights than dogs here.

But hey...it’s a lifestyle
How is women in Saudi Arabia not having rights a reflection of horse racing?
Did you not see the great ride Hollie Doyle gave in her win? There were 7 female jockeys riding in the Saudi Cup card. This is progress in that country in comparison to years past. It was a great event and more of these international events should be advocated.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
Did you not see the great ride Hollie Doyle gave in her win? There were 7 female jockeys riding in the Saudi Cup card. This is progress in that country in comparison to years past. It was a great event and more of these international events should be advocated.
Personally, it just sort of seems like people in horse racing will turn a blind eye to anything if there is money to be made or entertainment to be had.

I don’t think it’s exclusive to horse racing though.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Moses hit the nail on the head but yeah...let’s ignore basic human right atrocities, the murder of journalists, raping of women, etc...because they threw a bunch of money at some races.

It’s 2021...I’m not going to celebrate a country allowing a woman to ride as some sort of victory when the other 364 days a year women are treated like dirt.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:52 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Moses hit the nail on the head but yeah...let’s ignore basic human right atrocities, the murder of journalists, raping of women, etc...because they threw a bunch of money at some races.

It’s 2021...I’m not going to celebrate a country allowing a woman to ride as some sort of victory when the other 364 days a year women are treated like dirt.
Yeah I don’t give two sh!ts about that stuff, but I definitely care about Knicks Go not have the good Brad Cox stuff today.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:53 PM
helicopter11

Quote:

The appropriate response as an individual is not to watch or bet on the event. People can choose to participate or not based on their own choices.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The appropriate response as an individual is not to watch or bet on the event. People can choose to participate or not based on their own choices.
You said it was a great event....but are now telling me the appropriate response was to not watch or bet.

I guess I’m confused. Either way...thanks for telling me what the appropriate response is.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:42 PM
Havre de Grace

Default the sheikh

https://news.yahoo.com/uk-facing-fre...105247566.html[/quote]

Blaise Pascal
Old 02-20-2021, 07:52 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I did make a small wager on the race and watched. Obviously that doesn’t make it the right thing to do.