Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Steve Byk

Default MONDAY: June 12

John, JJ and I for the first hour, then John has to leave.. Samm home with her daughter who's in the Army and seeing her for the first time in 18 months!!

We'll recap the weekend stakes.. Play the 7th and 8th from MED live at 4:30 and 5:00...

Joel Cunningham ("Cunningham Racing" to those of you here...) joins us at 5pm to go over the stakes and Art Gropper of DRF at 6pm...

Andy Serling ("BTW" on DT..) comes on at 6:30 if I can reach him..

Haskin tomorrow for his Triple Crown retrospective...

Talk later.. (I still haven't capped Tuesday's card at DEL yet!!)
Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
top predator.

what's going on here? There is a replay from last thursday playing on sirius but I just turned on the computer and its a new show...
Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
what's going on here? There is a replay from last thursday playing on sirius but I just turned on the computer and its a new show...
Sirius had trouble (maybe this storm that I'm getting pummeled by right now).... they kept apologizing. The one on the CPU is current.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 06-12-2006, 05:48 PM
top predator.

thank you...
Old 06-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Steve Byk

Default Sorry folks..

Well THAT was a fiasco!

There was apparently a construction crew working outside our building today in Ft. Lauderdale, and they knocked down our cable line to Sirius... No way to feed the broadcast to them and we didn't disciover it until about an hour before the show when Chris does the timing tie-in...

We'll be back with a 2nd look at Saturday tomoorow with Steve Haskin, Johnny D. of Xpressbet/HRTV and more...

Sorry..
Steve
Old 06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Well THAT was a fiasco!

There was apparently a construction crew working outside our building today in Ft. Lauderdale, and they knocked down our cable line to Sirius... No way to feed the broadcast to them and we didn't disciover it until about an hour before the show when Chris does the timing tie-in...

We'll be back with a 2nd look at Saturday tomoorow with Steve Haskin, Johnny D. of Xpressbet/HRTV and more...

Sorry..
Steve
Wasn't your fault.
Great show anyhow. It was my first time listening. Good call on the 10 horse in the Meadowland 8th.

K&S pics-
Old 06-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31lengths
Wasn't your fault.
Great show anyhow. It was my first time listening. Good call on the 10 horse in the Meadowland 8th.

Thx! It's always better when I'm in FL but there is no way I'm going there until Wednesday with this storm...

I couldn't FIND the #10 down the stretch, so I was shocked when they posted the order of finish... What did he end at? 43-1??? Juiced the tri and super REAL WELL with the obvious chalk above her...

And that #1 in the MED 7th had the race won. Went a tick or two too fast chasing the pace-setter...
Old 06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept

Thx! It's always better when I'm in FL but there is no way I'm going there until Wednesday with this storm...

I couldn't FIND the #10 down the stretch, so I was shocked when they posted the order of finish... What did he end at? 43-1??? Juiced the tri and super REAL WELL with the obvious chalk above her...

And that #1 in the MED 7th had the race won. Went a tick or two too fast chasing the pace-setter...
Yeah, I watched the races. I didnt think the 10 got up there. Only when I saw the results did I know she showed.

Yeah we're gettin' a squal now. Not as big as before, though.
I'll be headed to the Summit of speed on July 15th. Was there any interest up at Belmont this week end? I read where Calder's director was going up to drum up some interest.

K&S pics-
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31lengths
Yeah, I watched the races. I didnt think the 10 got up there. Only when I saw the results did I know she showed.

Yeah we're gettin' a squal now. Not as big as before, though.
I'll be headed to the Summit of speed on July 15th. Was there any interest up at Belmont this week end? I read where Calder's director was going up to drum up some interest.
A few weeks ago I remember you picking Keen Spirit in a Belmont race.went to O.T.B. yesterday to bet it, (Im usually a $40 or $50 win bettor) when I got to the O.T.B. the computer system in all of Orange county N.Y. was down.FIGURES
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamc7
A few weeks ago I remember you picking Keen Spirit in a Belmont race.went to O.T.B. yesterday to bet it, (Im usually a $40 or $50 win bettor) when I got to the O.T.B. the computer system in all of Orange county N.Y. was down.FIGURES
Brutal.. My man Dr. John, one of the Pont Street Stables most involved partners, hammered it. He and Patty called me after as I was still on the road driving home... They had their 11th annual Belmont Party Saturday: 50 tickets ($100 ea.) and then brunch for 200 and bag lunches for 50... Paid for the whole party in under 2:00... Del Carroll, who RARELY touts his horses, told the partners Keen Spirit was going to beat that group.

FYI: Dr. John (Charos), who's quite the celebrity veterinarian in NY, runs Central Veterinary on Merrick Road in Valley Stream if any New Yorkers need vet services.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Steve Byk

Default TUESDAY, June 13 - Haskin, Serling

Hopefully we'll have the transmission line restored this morning after yesterday's problems, and we'll rehash the Belmont Day doings all over again..

Steve Haskin (Blood-Horse), Andy Serling (DRF, "gadfly") and Johnny D (HRTV, Xpressbet) will offer their insights tonight on the show. John Perrotta is in London for a couple of days, so it'll likely just be JJ and I.. (Samm's daughter is visiting FL from the military...)

We'll likely take live races from Delaware and Calder, and I'll be looking at the Belmont Carryover during the handicapping segment... Hopefully Andy will have a thought or two on that jackpot (starts with $50k) and perhaps the HOL carry too...

Hope you can join us on Sirius 125 (4-7pm EST, replayed 1-4am) or on the Net: http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com

Steve
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Woodbine

The mikes sound much better Steve, did you get the new ones?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorstman
The mikes sound much better Steve, did you get the new ones?
Yes.. They're being replaced one by one.. When done, will be great..
Old 06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Steve Byk

Default Fyi: Atrab A Replay Tonight...

Unfortunately, the dopes at BellSouth cannot get the ISDN transmission line, which they severed yesterday, repaired in time today for our broadcast...

No ATRAB this evening live... No internet at all.. "Best of" on Sirius..

Sirius will run a replay of our "Stolen Memorabilia" show instead which is quite good... Tagg, McLaughlin, Bob Fox, more...

Actually, first day off from the show in months..
Old 06-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Steve Byk

Default NO ATRAB Tonight! (Replay only)

Unfortunately, the dopes at BellSouth cannot get the ISDN transmission line, which they severed yesterday, repaired in time today for our broadcast...

No ATRAB this evening live... No internet at all.. "Best of" on Sirius..

Sirius will run a replay of our "Stolen Memorabilia" show instead which is quite good... Tagg, McLaughlin, Bob Fox, more...

Actually, first day off from the show in months..
Old 06-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Monmouth Park

take a day off you crazy bastard
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Steve Byk

Default WEDNESDAY, June 14 -- Joel, Rosen, MON

Looks like we'll be back on the air tonight with work underway on the ISDN line...

Joel Cunningham ("Cunningham Racing" to you on the Forum") will re-racap the weekend with us; Jock's agent Joe Rosen (Bravo, Elliott), Monmouth Park Racing Director on the new turf course and start to full time racing on the Shore, and much much more.

THURSDAY: Andy Serling.. Steve Haskin.. Doug O'Neill..

FRIDAY: Weekend Stakes Preview!!

Hope you'll join us.. Sirius 125 4-7pm EST or off our website: http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com

SB
Old 06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Steve Byk

Default ATRAB: Boffo Lineup Tonight..

Too much action for one three hour show...!!

The MON 8th and CD 5th...

4:30: Buff Bradley on Brass Hat and the screwing he took by Dubai..

5:00: Ric Hammerle.. "The Hammer" from Cali.. SA/DMR Racing Director..

5:15: Fred Seitz.. Long-time breeder now training.. In with CD Stakes horses..

5:30: Joel Cunningham on the CD Stakes Card and more..

6:00: Gus Alonso caps the NTRA P4..

6:15: Dale Romans on the 5 he runs in the Jeff Cup, Regret and Foster..

6:30: Gary Contessa... on... on.. on how great he continues to do in NY I guess..

6:45: Me.. (Every show has its' lowlight..)

THAT'S a lot of entertainment!

Tune in off our ATRAB website: http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com

See you after the show!
SB
Old 06-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Steve Byk

Whew.. now THAT was a stakes weekend preview!
Old 06-16-2006, 06:06 PM
top predator.

steve--you guys rock. JJ kept saying that pletcher lost a 2yo but on here it says Venetian sunset--do you know one way or the other??