Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
I really like this filly, but this is such a deep group...
i do too. we'll see if she can step up.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Flemington

Steve. How about Unlimited Budget??
I have read nothing. I like her a lot.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Steve. How about Unlimited Budget??
I have read nothing. I like her a lot.
Looks very good. All the Pletchers do. Like an army. Headed over shortly as she works at 6a. Girls early set. Boys at the Derby/Oaks set at 8:30a..
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
I really like this filly, but this is such a deep group...
It's hard not to become a fan watching her every morning. It would be a huge win for her and Santoro if she could be 3rd. She gives everything she has EVERY morning and comes back the next day for more.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Looks very good. All the Pletchers do. Like an army. Headed over shortly as she works at 6a. Girls early set. Boys at the Derby/Oaks set at 8:30a..
Thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Steve Byk

Steve Byk ‏@Steve_Byk

Normandy Invasion with a real 'Derby work' 59 flat. 1:11.4 out..

As promised by Tom Amoss, a nice and easy maintenance move for My Lute in 50.3..

Dreaming of Julia with a mundane half mile of :51. Silsita and Unlimited Budget about to work together..

Unlimited Budget held tight lest she drown Silsita. 59.3. Still behind Julia, Midnight Lucky, Beholder & Hatches, but doing great..
Old 04-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Steve Byk ‏@Steve_Byk

Normandy Invasion with a real 'Derby work' 59 flat. 1:11.4 out..

As promised by Tom Amoss, a nice and easy maintenance move for My Lute in 50.3..

Dreaming of Julia with a mundane half mile of :51. Silsita and Unlimited Budget about to work together..

Unlimited Budget held tight lest she drown Silsita. 59.3. Still behind Julia, Midnight Lucky, Beholder & Hatches, but doing great..
Steve I know its 6 days out, but If I was betting the Oaks multis using only Budget, Lucky and Hatches would you like my chances?
Also when will the Oaks card be drawn? I only ask because Wednesday is out already. Will Oaks be out Sunday or Monday?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Steve I know its 6 days out, but If I was betting the Oaks multis using only Budget, Lucky and Hatches would you like my chances?

Also when will the Oaks card be drawn? I only ask because Wednesday is out already. Will Oaks be out Sunday or Monday?
Oaks cards closes Tuesday.

Nothing wrong with Unlimited Budget, Midnight Lucky & Close Hatches in attempt to exclude Julia & Beholder. But this is as deep and compelling a group of girls as I can remember. No combination -- including a heroic effort for 3rd or 4th from Rose to Gold -- will surprise.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Steve Byk

Black Onyx: Gave 7-8 lengths breaking off and chased down mate in :48.3 (for the work portion). A famously funny clocker quipster opined, "don't smell any roses from that work"..
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Black Onyx: Gave 7-8 lengths breaking off and chased down mate in :48.3 (for the work portion). A famously funny clocker quipster opined, "don't smell any roses from that work"..
like the horse, but not for the derby.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Steve Byk

Rapid fire action in the 8:30-8:45 Derby/Oaks session with the boys almost completely the focus..

Pletcher sends 3 pairs, Verrazano and Authenticity the opening act. Verrazano a lot sharper here than last Sunday v. Padua mare in :59.2..

Revolutionary (:48.1) continues to impress, outperforming Charming Kitten (:48.2). Revolutionary moves really sweetly over this strip..

Third pairing saw Overanalyze & Palace Malice work very evenly (:47/:47+) with O/A making up a length from the break off. Nice gallop outs.

Pletcher workers ranking:

1. Revolutionary: A-.
2. Verrazano: B+.
3. Overanalyze: B.
4. Palace Malice: B-.
5. Charming Kitten: C+.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Havre de Grace

Love to hear this stuff about Rev. I can hardly wait for the derby. My niece's priest is a hossplayer and promised me last year that they would do First Communion on Sunday the fifth, not on Saturday, because of the Derby. We need more like him.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Steve Byk

McPeeks' have been good all week & went together with Frac Daddy clearly better than Java's War on this morning. 1:02 but Frac went easier.

Sole Oaks work from Flashy Gray who's played 2nd fiddle to Close Hatches all week. Solid spin drilling workmate and galloping away after..
Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Love to hear this stuff about Rev. I can hardly wait for the derby. My niece's priest is a hossplayer and promised me last year that they would do First Communion on Sunday the fifth, not on Saturday, because of the Derby. We need more like him.
No one cares
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
No one cares

back when i was a catholic, they always did those on sundays anyway.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Steve,
You go to all the Derbies, how many horses in the last ten years have looked great training up to the Derby and have won? Pletcher's horses always look good and we all know his Derby record. He looks strong this year but I don't know.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba View Post
Steve,

You go to all the Derbies, how many horses in the last ten years have looked great training up to the Derby and have won? Pletcher's horses always look good and we all know his Derby record. He looks strong this year but I don't know.
Exactly NONE that looked bad won, I can tell you that. Of course not every horse that has won trained here leading up either.. Funny Cide and Giacomo come immediately to mind. Big Brown didn't do much here except blow out a couple times. I'll Have Another did his work in CA.

Horses that looked exceptional training here and won include Barbaro, Street Sense and Animal Kingdom. Hard Spun and Afleet Alex worked tremendously and ran races that had potential for wins. Many come here as players and have something go wrong, including Sweetnorthernsaint. Pletcher's horses haven't always looked perfect. Bluegrass Cat was a mess leading up through his weekend work and then ran big. The group he has here this year is very sharp with the exception of Charming Kitten.

Only one horse wins. Then there's an exacta horse, a trifecta horse and a superfecta horse. Even a super Hi-5 horse. It's a 20 horse field. You're watching to see who can be pushed out of your consideration as win candidates and who you may want to include in exotics wagers.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ing-black-onyx

"Time is not even the question, it was just the way he did it," said Bravo,
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Flemington

First video I have seen of Mylute. I like the work. He wasn't asked and he looked fluid despite appearing to be looking towards the grandstand with ears pricked.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/workouts
Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Steve Byk

Star of morning easily Midnight Lucky with simply sensational work in company w/ Code West whom she corralled under wraps after spotting 4L. Everyone will be reaching for superlatives about her here. Has been great all week and this was most impressive yet..