Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Santa Anita Park.. 'The Great Race Place'

Default Help with Downloads in New Archive UI

Can anyone help with simple instructions on how to download shows from the Broadcast Archives with the new calendar user interface?

In the old interface, I could right click a segment name and save the segment as an mp3 file. Now, a right click on a show name in the calendar page does not provide a sound file to save (html page is the only file format). If I click on the calendar, the next page is for the show and provides a list of segments and a flash player to stream the segments (at least some show dates have this), but a right click on the flash player does not provide a save option.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Sunshine Park

i don't think we can download them anymore i haven't been able to figure it out either
Old 09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Bowie

I haven't been able to get any of these archives to play. Has anyone else had any luck? I've tried on 4 different computers using different web browsers. All have the flash player installed. When I click the play button for any segment, nothing happens.

As far as downloading the files, here's what you need to do. Once the archives are working properly, go to the date you're interested in, then Right Click and choose View Source or View Page Source. This will pop up either notepad or some other text viewer and you will see the source code for the page. If it opens in Notepad, choose Edit => Find, and search for "mp3" without the quotes. You will see an http address that contains the mp3 file path. Find Next will find the next instance of the search item, in this case "mp3". Copy the http...mp3 portion of the address and paste it into another browser window. I know in Firefox, I'm always prompted to Save or Open. You would want to do a Save. This is how I usually find true paths to files or live streams.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Sunshine Park

hey slews! i tried that as well, the view sources thing and i was able to find the link that had the mp3 in it but i wasn't able to download that way either, i forget what the error was but it wouldn't download or even play anything
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Bowie

I don't think the mp3 files exist in the paths that show in the source code. I guess that's why I can't play them in the flash player on the archive pages. Once the files play properly on the archive pages, the source code should show the correct path to the actual mp3 file.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Santa Anita Park.. 'The Great Race Place'

I punted on trying to figure out the download and took SlewsMyHero's advice from an earlier thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlewsMyHero
I stopped relying on archives a long time ago. Do yourself a favor and purchase Total Recorder from High Criteria software. It will record the stream for you with it's scheduler service. I have it set to record M-F from 4:02 -7:00PM ET. Once in a while there is a glitch with the stream, but when it's up, I get the whole show. I do this for several other shows as well.

The ATR URL for recording the stream is: http://www.clearstreaming.com/radios...sandbeyond.asx

All you have to do is plug that address into the advanced tab on the scheduler page, and it will launch the stream for you at the time you program it to launch. It will also close your Media Player for you when it finishes, if you tell it to. It's an awesome program. You can choose the type of archive (.wma, .mp3, etc) and the quality of the stream. You can download it for free, but when unregistered, it will put a beep into the recording every 60 seconds.

Purchased, installed and scheduled last night, and I'm listening to today's show on my ipod tonight.

Thank you, Slews!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Steve Byk

Appreciate everyone's patience on this as the new server/provider makes major changes to the website and archives.. They are close to introducing the new Podcasting service as well, and everything should be functional sooner than later.

Our original host (Equine Media in KY) was oblivious to our requirements saying our site wasn't big enough for them to bother with, so we've had to make this move to a local So. FL group who seem eager and appreciative of our business.

Thanks to Slew's for offering what appears to be a great add-on as well...

More info as I learn it, seeing how a lot of this is totally new to me!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Bowie

Steve.

With your permission, and until the archiving and podcasting are fully functional, I can temporarily post links to my daily recorded segments. Like the old archives, I generally break them up into three 1 hour segments, about 16MB each. I have Verizon FIOS, so I have plenty of upload bandwidth.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Steve.

With your permission, and until the archiving and podcasting are fully functional, I can temporarily post links to my daily recorded segments. Like the old archives, I generally break them up into three 1 hour segments, about 16MB each. I have Verizon FIOS, so I have plenty of upload bandwidth.
Do it please kind sir!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Steve.

Wow.. Slew.. SURE! Thanks!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:54 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Wow.. Slew.. SURE! Thanks!
Somehow Jack was able to solve this with minimal pain. It works extremely well which is why you haven't been hearing me whiiiinnnnne for a couple weeks...And why wouldn't you just let him post the show each day til Pointgiven hits a Breeders Cup P6??

Last edited by docicu3 : 09-12-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Bowie

Check the Temporary Archives thread for daily archives.