Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Hialeah Park

Default Super Bowl Observations

In no particular order...

* Really was impressed with the intro of all the MVPs. And pretty amazing that after 50 years, only one is deceased.

* OK...So they showed Cam the Ham in his gold suit strutting down the tunnel to the lockerroom. But the real scene stealer was the guy behind him be bopping along. Reminded me of Gene Wilder coming out of the bathroom with the boom box in black face. But the piece d' resistance was when he was grooving along and pulled his cell phone out, looked down and bounced off the wall.

* Thought Lady Gaga killed it....What an underrated performer with an amazing vocal range.

* Jump on the ball Cam...or at least try. Very bad form

* Squares beatdown of the day. Sitting on 3-0 for the final and then 0-3 for the reverse pay. Denver scores...up 22-10..kick the extra point and I sweep both...but..wait...they are going for 2......Noooooooooo..

* Eli Manning's face...or lack of when Denver is about too win. Not happy is an understatement..

* Coldplay and Beyonce looked like they were actually singing...Bruno Mars?..Not so much especially at the beginning..but who knows..

* Wait..was another personal foul just called?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 AM
The Curragh

Good stuff.

DeMarcus and Von Miller and insane. It will be tough to bring both back but they are incredible as a duo.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Saratoga

Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it. Also so many .Com companies I didn't even know existed.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Randwyck

that reminded me of a bad pre season game.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Havre de Grace

Good job, GBOB!!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Delaware Park

GBOB, good stuff, Eli's face.... Brady Bunchesque..... Peyton, Peyton, Peyton
Tough beat with the 2 pointer
Old 02-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Hialeah Park

So it now comes out that, no...AB did not pay Peyton to plug Budweiser, but he does happen to own an AB distributership in LA so....once a schill, always a schill. And saw his pizza butt buddy from Papa Johns on the sideline hugging him as time wound down.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it.
It wasn't much, IMO. Except for when the guy flicked the lemon off the rim of his beer glass ("not a fruit cup"), which made me laugh out loud.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Was I reloading my bourbon when the Clydesdales made an appearance cause I missed it. Also so many .Com companies I didn't even know existed.
I missed it too.....not really impressive and I guess the lemon thing was a jab at Corona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF711XAtrVg
Old 02-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Hialeah Park

A local bar runs a block pool where it's $1,000 per block with ONE winner at the end.

My brother's best friend had Denver 3, Carolina 0.

Needless to say, he needs to go TV shopping this week.

Ouch.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 02-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
A local bar runs a block pool where it's $1,000 per block with ONE winner at the end.

My brother's best friend had Denver 3, Carolina 0.

Needless to say, he needs to go TV shopping this week.

Ouch.
That cost my friend 50K too
Old 02-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
So it now comes out that, no...AB did not pay Peyton to plug Budweiser, but he does happen to own an AB distributership in LA so....once a schill, always a schill. And saw his pizza butt buddy from Papa Johns on the sideline hugging him as time wound down.
apparently peyton manning has a bunch of papa johns franchises.
but, yeah, the whoring is getting bad. I wondered how much papa john paid for that sideline smooch, but it benefits peyton too, doesn't it?
I wouldn't give one thin dime to papa john. can pay big bucks to have PM, jj watt and joe Montana in his stupid commercials, pay thru the nose for nfl ads, but then cry poor when it comes to his employees? eff that guy
Old 02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
In no particular order...

* Really was impressed with the intro of all the MVPs. And pretty amazing that after 50 years, only one is deceased.

* OK...So they showed Cam the Ham in his gold suit strutting down the tunnel to the lockerroom. But the real scene stealer was the guy behind him be bopping along. Reminded me of Gene Wilder coming out of the bathroom with the boom box in black face. But the piece d' resistance was when he was grooving along and pulled his cell phone out, looked down and bounced off the wall.

* Thought Lady Gaga killed it....What an underrated performer with an amazing vocal range.

* Jump on the ball Cam...or at least try. Very bad form

* Squares beatdown of the day. Sitting on 3-0 for the final and then 0-3 for the reverse pay. Denver scores...up 22-10..kick the extra point and I sweep both...but..wait...they are going for 2......Noooooooooo..

* Eli Manning's face...or lack of when Denver is about too win. Not happy is an understatement..

* Coldplay and Beyonce looked like they were actually singing...Bruno Mars?..Not so much especially at the beginning..but who knows..

* Wait..was another personal foul just called?
Gaga is pretty amazing as the Countess in American Horror Story.