View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I think this is more of a case of the government deciding that they are going to start enforcing laws that they haven't enforced in the past. If they wanted to, they could do the same thing to millions of Americans. For example, most of us have had a housekeeper. Assuming that the housekeeper comes once a week or even once every two weeks, you are supposed to verify that she may legally work in the United States. The reality is that a high percentage of housekeepers are not here legally. The government could technically come after anyone who has employed a housekeeper that is not here legally.

In addition, you are technically supposed to withhold Social Security and Medicare tax from your housekeeper. Practically nobody does that. The government could come after you for that if they wanted to.

Anyway, if the government starts enforcing something out of nowhere, it's going to catch everyone off guard. I think that is the case with these trainers.
Are you f ing kidding me?
“Most of us have had a housekeeper? “ really ? I thought most of us cleaned our own freaking house. It’s not that difficult unless you’re a total f ing lazy slob or have money to burn. To insinuate that housekeepers are illegal aliens because that’s their profession is disrespectful. It is good honest work. Furthermore, to suggest that those employing said housekeepers knowingly break the law in doing so is absurd.

Is the defense here, “ oh, I didn’t know ? “ or simply, it’s the way it’s always been done.