View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I don’t look at beyer numbers at all. I’m just using a common sense idea that if a filly runs the second fastest time in Preakness history, that it would get a significantly higher number than 105. As far as juicing the track up, isn’t that one of those conspiracy theories that you frown upon.

You watched the stretch, did it not appear to the naked eye that those two were running very fast ?
Were you surprised the beyer wasn’t higher ?
I shouldn’t bother but...I’ve never said a track speeding up is a conspiracy theory. It’s a fact, it happens. I learned a long time ago that usually when track records are broken it is a function of the track and not the horses.

When cheap claimers run ridiculous times at Turf Paradise or a track like that...would it make sense to give them ridiculous figs? Isn’t that when common sense comes in?

As usual you’re stuck on things totally unrelated to the fig like it was a filly that won, she also won your favorite race therefore should get a higher fig....instead of doing what Freddy suggested.

The top two finishers ran huge races but common sense should tell you that the rest of the field didn’t run tops compared to what they had run before while getting beat a pole and Miss Marissa also didn’t drastically improve. The track sped up.

It doesn’t diminish what Swiss Skydiver did. It’s just reality. You should try and be a part of it more.