Thread: Frustration?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
good post, and a good thread since no one has taken it off course. but i don't know that frustration is a strong enough word to describe what i felt at the end of the race, and still feel now. this sport has a lot of potential, and a lot of people involved in it who are dragging it down, while just enough others are trying to keep it upright. so, we barely stay afloat while paddling in circles.
ratings were ok on tv, huge crowd attended (don't think it can ever be larger than the record, since infield audience has been capped), no reason why handle had to drop. but we know why it did.
Cursory newspaper reports showing huge crowds at offtrack betting locations, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise
I want to thank my good friend Andrew for stating so passionately the events of the derby weekend. Horse racing is a beautiful but at times a brutal sport, what took place saturday was a freak event I was about 30 yards behind 8 belles when she fell and I have never in my 30 plus years in horse racing seen anything like it . I wouldnt be surprised after the autopsy that it was found she had a heart attack and fractured her legs as a result.I love horses and I love racing it is a shame that a beautiful horse lost her life doing something she was bred born and raise to do.Its a bigger shame that people that have no understanding of our horses will use 8 belles death for they're own agenda.I hope I have stated my feelings clearly without offending anyone. Richard Migliore.
Welcome to the forum!