View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Keeneland

Well, here is some interesting fallout from Dee Tee Stables ....

When Sumwonlovesyou raced at Arlington (I grew up there), about 8 of my local relatives come out to watch her. None of them had ever been to the track before, nor watched racing on TV.

They all were wonderfully impressed by how beautiful and clean Arlington was, how excited all the owners were, and how exciting it was to "know" a real horse that was racing that day.

We all stood in line, with a very nice and helpful mutual teller, as I lead them one by one through how to place a $2, "across the board" bet on Sumwon. They couldn't believe how much FUN the DT owners were having that day.

My 70-something aunt just telephoned. I had sent her the DT Prospectus for DT-2. Well, she and her four tennis-playing buddies at the local club WANT IN on DT 2 for one share. Two of them want to upgrade their computers to learn how to "search the net" and read the DeeTee Stables blog, and learn more about horse racing.

You go, girls! I told them, yes, absolutely, I hope they follow through with it, and go for it.

Five new horse racing fans created by Dee Tee Stables ...
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts