View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
You still didn't explain how the track magically gets so lightening fast on big days. I've got to hear this.

I imagine there are a number of ways tracks get faster, or slower, and while I ( unlike you, who thinks you are ) am not a track super, I would guess moisture content plays a relatively significant role. If you actually followed Belmont racing closely ( please don't even pretend you do ), you would know there have been plenty of days where the final times on the dirt were quick. However, the fact that you insinuated in this thread that this was some sort of management decision is ludicrous, and given my relationship to track management ( as opposed to yours ) it's understandable, I guess, that you can't even begin to imagine how far from the truth this is. There is one constant, and one only, and that's to keep our racing surfaces as safe as possible. Given the numbers, this is working, and this is very much due to the incredible job Glen Kozak does on not just a day by day basis, but a virtual minute by minute basis.

I hope this helps.