View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
This has always been my problem with the figures. I've always thought that they should tell the story of what happened that day and that previous races should have no bearing on that. I get the whole thing about having a expectation of what you should see and if the figure comes out far different than the norm, looking for reasons why. I've just always felt that those reasons should be confined to things that factored that day only. I've always hated using future races to go back and adjust past ones. So many things go into each performance. Today, you might not be cranked up for your best, it's a big field, it's just basically a prep race, etc. Next time is the big race, small field, different tactics used, track watered different, hot day, big crowd, etc. So using prior or subsequent races to judge today has always felt wrong to me. I'm obviously not on Beyer's level so I'm not questioning him. Just saying this is the issue I've always had. I'd like to see each story speak for itself and let the handicappers delve into why that figure came out like it did and determine if they feel like a particular high or low figure is an aberration or maybe a sign of what's to come.

Did you listen to Beyer on Byk's show today?