View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
except for the donuts, that stuff is actually pretty decent.

that whole saturated fats is bad for you is complete nonsense.

there is a place i saw on tv, i think near atlanta, that does a similar burger. it's more bacon, meat and eggs than that, but what makes it really appealing is that instead of buns, it uses grilled cheese sandwiches to hold it all together. That's right, grilled cheese sandwiche(S) as buns.
I think the evidence that saturated fats are bad for you is overwhelming. I know that you can find some studies out there that contradict this. I'm sure we could go back and forth on this. I could post one study that shows how bad it is for you and then you could post a study that shows the opposite.

I think Dean Ornish's study was very convincing. They did angiograms on a bunch of heart patients and measured the degree that their arteries were blocked. They put half of these people on a vegan diet and put the other half on a diet where they ate chicken and fish instead of red meat. They waited for 6 months or so and then repeated the angiograms. The peoples' arteries who ate the vegan diet had totally opened up. The blockages in their arteries were reduced significantly. The people in the other group showed no real improvement.

Here is an article from a guy whose view is middle of the road. He thinks that not all saturated fats are created the same. He thinks that some are really bad for you while others are not. He thinks it is ok to eat some saturated fat.

http://juvenon.com/jhj/vol4no09.htm