View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I might have to take back the pies I gave Matt, because you hit the nail on the head here. The pass rush was a disgrace. And the Jets just being the Jets is also dead on. But that was a different team the last 5 games then we saw when they were winning 4 in a row. I just hope they don't bring in a guy like Marty Shottenheimer. And I have no idea what they are going to do with the QB situation. Hopefully Favre retires, but Clemens isn't the answer. Another fun off season as a Jets fan....
They weren't the same team. Talk about mentally fragile. One bad game against Denver, then the bottom falls out. Kris Jenkins DISAPEARED, and I believe he was basically a masking agent (kind of like andro) for the major deficiencies of that defense. Did Kerry Rhodes make even 1 play all season? Perhaps that game in Nashville was their Super Bowl?

I can't think of one good reason why Favre should return. If his shoulder was bad, he was hurting the team playing through it. If it wasn't, well he's just washed up. You know what else was strange in the final 5 games? Suddenly, none of the receivers were capable of getting open.. and against some of the worst pass defenses in the league???... ABSURD and DISGRACEFUL.
Which is why Mangini got what he deserved.