View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
I am VERY surprised, although I think he earned his unemployment. I just didn't think Woody Johnson was the type of owner to make a move like this. I only hope that he and Tannenbaum did this because they have a CLEAR plan on who will be next. Mangini wasn't imcompetent, just nothing special. The fact of the matter is Tannenbaum should be on thin ice as well. Nothing hurts an organization more than screwing up a top 10 pick, and until proven otherwise, by choosing Gholsten, that's exactly what they did.
This seems to be a flat out buisness descion. Negativity in Jet land is at an all time high. Blowing a season after a 8-3 start which included a convincing win on the road against arguably the best team in the leauge at the time is unacceptable. Losing 4 games on the west coast against 3 non playoff teams doesn't bode well too. Factor that in with the PSL's that the team is trying to sell to the public and it creates a bigger Sh!T Storm. Basically the fans wanted his head and I think Woody gave it to them. I personally didn't think that he was that good of a coach. He never seem to make any sort of adjustments during the games. Plus they always seemed to give up on the run to early. Also Leon Washington doens't get enough touches.
As far as Tannenbaum goes, he accquired guys that did make the team better. They were 8-3 with the same personnel. 1-4 against 4 non playoff teams doesn't go on the GM, that's goes on the team and the coaching staff. As far as the draft goes, they really don't have the best luck when it comes to drafting anyway. Even if Gholston turned out to be something, how much of a difference would have he really made?
Who they are going to bring in is a different question. I don't have the slightest idea who will be the next coach. I do know that the 2 biggest fish want to be coach and GM (Cowher,Holmgren). Maybe Tannenbaum will take another job in the organization for the benifit of the team.