Thread: Sunday action
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Some notes about the really lovely filly.

Turf preferred Jasminesque (now 12/1-3-2 for $85k on turf) was actually making her 9th start with Gary (on grass). Her first 9 were for Ribaudo and the winter dirt starts for both Gary & Bobby (11/0-0-3) were cross outs. She was sitting on a win at Saratoga after the early August near miss when days ahead of a start, she got loose on the main track and collided with Jorge Abreu who was speeding in his golf cart. She escaped with a gash and stitches; Abreu with a broken arm that required surgery.

She was always cut out to be a nice horse being bred by John Gunther out of a sister of My Miss Sophia and Materiality. Amazing what a win does to making her career look very productive: 23/1-4-7 for $149,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Billy.. Tremendous play! Congratulations.
Thanks Steve...those are some interesting notes...I did take note that although she was winless, she had banked over $100K and ITM was 50%...the race was a difficult one for me to narrow down to 3-4 runners. I feel lucky the rest of the card played out like it did.
I also noted that you and the misses had a fun weekend as well. Happy Anniversary!!!